Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Beautiful North Idaho high atop Schweitzer Mountain

i snapped this shot from the chair towards the end of our day. down below you can see the town of sandpoint, and lake ponderay.

Pre-season Shred Session

The ski resorts in Tahoe were not open yet, but with at least three feet of fresh on top of Alpine Meadows it was time to shred. My friend and I skinned to the top of Alpine Bowl for what was a surprisingly wintery scene for so early in the season. The snow was incredible. The scenery was bodacious. The ice on the satellite tower stood sideways due to the wind.

My life is skiing. I live, breath, sleep, eat and will die skiing. I have lived in Tahoe for nine years skiing at Squaw and the surrounding backcountry. I have summited 14ers in the Bishop area and it was tubular. I am working on a project called GhostRider Vision involving unique camera angles for ski video and photography. Needless to say, as a professional ski bum, I am poor and need all the help I can get to ski and travel. Thanks, Ryno

Pre-season Shred Session

The ski resorts in Tahoe were not open yet, but with at least three feet of fresh on top of Alpine Meadows it was time to shred. My friend and I skinned to the top of Alpine Bowl for what was a surprisingly wintery scene for so early in the season. The snow was incredible. The scenery was bodacious. The ice on the satellite tower stood sideways due to the wind.

My life is skiing. I live, breath, sleep, eat and will die skiing. I have lived in Tahoe for nine years skiing at Squaw and the surrounding backcountry. I have summited 14ers in the Bishop area and it was tubular. I am working on a project called GhostRider Vision involving unique camera angles for ski video and photography. Needless to say, as a professional ski bum, I am poor and need all the help I can get to ski and travel. Thanks, Ryno

Unregistered Guest
    Tahoe Blizzard Round 2

My motto is "psychotically skiing pow since 2006." 2006 is when I finally moved to the mountains and could really get after it. Living in Tahoe, we get our fair share of deep days, but you really have to get it while you can here since we can also get the dreaded 50 degree days. This photo is right in the midst of the storm before finding out work was canceled, we were up early to get a lap in. Once work was canceled it was off to the resort.

Above photo

^ h-atlas

So bad at logging in to TGR!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Hmmm, luckily I got a pic the day after Thanksgiving. But it sucks compared to the two already posted. I'd be happy with my Smith Prodigy Lenses being warrantied though. No need to send me to Antartica.
    So props to Smith Optics (Warranty Dept.) Sent in my Sensor mirror, which was fogging on the inside lens. (Had the goggles for 2 seasons.) UPS ground sent last Friday. Signed for by Smith on this Monday, and today after a sweet, sweet, day at Xtal, what should be awaiting for me? Yep, a replacement lens!

Props to Smith Optics. Already installed and ready for tomorrow.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Tasty Face Lift

Because I love Smith and I'm still rocking an ancient pair of goggles. I also own no sunglasses and regularly almost die from being blinded at crucial times on the manic LA freeways. I've also never owned a helmet but have really been wanting one after a bad fall off an A-frame box game me a nasty concussion last season. So winning this contest might just save my life.

Moo Cow

I don't need a hundred words: I should win because chicks dig me and I am AWESOME! So awesome that I am both the "athlete" AND the "photographer."

okbye

Thanksgiving Day Marshmallow Casserole (pillows)

I was very busy studying for finals when Thanksgiving break came. I couldn't have been more stoked on the forecast, becuase I knew I would be able to ski almost every day of the break. Brighton ended up opening all of their lifts. It was deep. The sun poked through on Thanksgiving day, and I got to hit up this mini pillow line! So deep! So fun!

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Thanksgiving Day Marshmallow Casserole (pillows)

I was very busy studying for finals when Thanksgiving break came. I couldn't have been more stoked on the forecast, becuase I knew I would be able to ski almost every day of the break. Brighton ended up opening all of their lifts. It was deep. The sun poked through on Thanksgiving day, and I got to hit up this mini pillow line! So deep! So fun!
    That is money!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Over the Top

I live, breath, sleep the Smith lifestyle of go big or go home! Skiing and snowboarding are my life and any bad day on the snow is better then any good day at work especially with the I/O in your arsenal!

my new jacket

I am really fun to have around

My November didn't Suck

I should probably win so I can wear a helmet just in case a tree with bad intentions decides to jump out and attack me again, that way I can protect my grey matter and potentially graduate college. Here's to hoping.

Pizza Pie For All

Days 1,2 and 3 with the little man, November 2010. You think sponsored athletes know about progression? Extrapolate the amount of progression represented by going from a quivering ball of flesh unsure of what ski boots are to ripping the Molly Hogan magic carpet in less than 2 hours to an adult and you would see some crazy things. The magic trick: a new set of Smith "racing" goggles.

Kids First

Love to ski, and lately all the good pow days must be given up to the the number one priority, my family. We have passes to Alta, but I still have to watch from the chair on many days as it is shredded in front of me, pleasure and torture at the same time.

Early season bliss

I should win because I work nights to ski everyday that my kids go to school. Essentially during the season I am a weekday warrior and on weekends I take the boys skiing. Also I would like to be a good role model for my kids by sporting a helmet, and it would be the only part of my kit that wouldn't look ghetto.

Jackson Hole with my Bro!

I have my Smith kit covered but would love to share the love with my brother...pictured with no helmet and some ratty old goggles. For me the trip to Antarctica sounds like crazy fun! I have 3 kids and the cost for a trip like that isn't even feasible right now but I would love it!!

Ghost Trees - Dodge Ridge

This photo was taken at Dodge Ridge, CA....we've never seen this good of snow in November. My buddy and I went out and found some unseen/untouched ghost trees that were pretty rad, I've rocked smith gear since I was 3. Love it, and you guys at TGR are rad as hell too....my boy Byron looked pretty rad in the 3D shoot you guys did. Well done

Snowed in...

You know you deserve new stuff from your fav company when you have to dig out your xterra from this in November just to get to the mountain and ride! Plus between the husband and the kid I seem to be last on the list for new stuff, and could really use some new goggles and I suppose I should wear a helmet since we make the Kid wear one!

The last turn into space walk

This Fall I quit my job, sold all my possessions, bought a JHMR season pass, packed only what would fit in my car and moved to Jackson. Here is a helmet cam shot of me making the last turn before pointing it. Stoked.

Our Backyard ski fun

This is my roommates and my backyard rail jam spot. We have a PVC rail, ski box to down slant box, and mini jump. We live in Moscow and go to school, so we don't have much time to get out to the mountains. We do enjoy skiing here every night and can't wait for the pow!

Soelden, Eastern Alps in November

I hope that i win because i recently dropped the nice looking Smith Vantage Helmet you can see in the picture of me down a flight of stairs. Everyone keeps telling me that i shouldn't use it anymore after a drop like that. I'm a student in Munich/Bavaria and buying a new helmet isn't in my spending plan anymore .

Hike for your blower

This pair of goggles were lost at the bottom of little cottonwood canyon after a pretty decent cartwheel session. I could really use another pair cause Smith provide the best optics.

Yosemite Winter

First of all there is no photoshop magic going on here. This pic was taken by my wife just after the first good storm in November. No back to why we are deserving, we are cheap, love to ski and spend all our money on passes to our favorite hill- Kirkwood. Smith gear is the sickest on the market- no question. Enjoy and Pray for Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by danjer242 View Post
    Our Backyard ski fun

This is my roommates and my backyard rail jam spot. We have a PVC rail, ski box to down slant box, and mini jump. We live in Moscow and go to school, so we don't have much time to get out to the mountains. We do enjoy skiing here every night and can't wait for the pow!

Solid first post!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community