Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dynafit Titan sizing issue

I ran Zzeros last season 26.5 and they fit great, ordered new Titans same size and they feel tight as hell, I have not cooked them yet but I doubt its going to make that much of a difference. Anyone had to step up in shell size for the Titan?

Yeah, I know I'm retarded for buying boots without trying them on first but I didn't think it would be such an issue. I know my foot didn't grow because my Alpine boots still feel perfect. I'm fargen pissed about this I wanted to tour this weekend.

Have you shell fit them? From the reviews they are probably just fine. Search, many people said they had the same issue but they fit perfect after cooking. How much did you pay?

bought them new from BC.com I think they are 750 on there. Now I'm worried because I don't know any dynafit bootfitter/cooker here in Japan, gonna have to try it in my tiny Japanese oven unless I come up with something better. I'll read up on cooking myself but dam they are tight. scared I cook them and then can't return them for next larger shell.
    Last edited by Loon; 11-16-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Do you have a pair of Intuition liners? Do you still have the liners from the Zzero's? The Titan liners are very thick and don't compress as readily as some others (although they seem very durable). When I tried to bake the TFX liners the edge of the rubber sole started peeling off, and the boots were still way too tight. The I slipped in an older, thinner pair of Intuitions and the boots fit very well.

don't have intuitions, don't have liner form zeros. I suspected I would need to put intuitions into this boot. Your post may verify. Thanks

The titan liners are small and puffy. To confirm I tried putting some BD boa liners I had laying around in the boot to see about the fit and my feet were swimming. Shit, when I take the titan liners out of boot and put them on they crunch my feet.
    Last edited by sfotex; 11-16-2010 at 07:28 AM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I used a hot knife to cut vertical slits in the nylon around the toe. This allowed the liner expand quite a bit. I ended up molding the boots with a hairdryer and a meat thermometer. It worked fairly well.
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

My feet are also quite crunched up in my Titan liners when not in the boot.

What everyone else said. I also bought Titans blind, so shell-fit some Zzeros at a local store for size. Titans arrived, I put my feet in and thought WTF? Went and had them cooked and that did sweet FA (I have big feet anyway, so cooking might still help you). Threw some Intuitions in and haven't looked back.

I am the same size Titan/Zzero, both after cooking.

Same size Zzero's/Titan's for me. Titans did seem smaller when first trying them on, but after cooking them with some toe caps they fit great.

Titans are tight as fuck but get better after some molding and wearing in. Mine have finally become easy to put on and take off after 60 days. Putting intuitions in very soon.

skied 26.0 titans with stock liners (very tight)
    Was able to downsize to a 25.0 with intuitions
    Aggressive in my own mind

I just got titans in a 26.5. Very tight shell fit, but after cooking they feel good except for my big toe. Lots of reading indicates a lot of people have trouble with this, those liners are burly.

Might throw new liners in there, or just tough it out. Either way, lots of reports of these babys being tight.

skied titans 30.5 with stock tfx liner all of last season and ended up with cronic pain from the pressure on the inside of the big toe, as well as the heel. Think the liner is way to narrow. same length as my salomon liners for a 29 shell but way more narrow. Also, the titan shell is quite narrow inside at the bottom so it really helps to build up a bit below the liner. I got some Intution power wraps (size 13) for this season and it is amazing how much room I have around the toes now. the powerwrap also lifts the foot in the shell due to thicker sole.

Overall, extremely happy with the Intuitons and the way they utilize the room of the shell, and I think Dynafit needs to address their liner issue.
    Last edited by Wirkola; 11-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Just curious what the shell fit is like for those of you with big toe problems. Mine is very tight, but Im still hoping I dont have to grind anything down.

I have a 1-1.5 cm shell fit in mine, could have gone up to the 2-5cm and had them just a bit big.

Loon, I was in the same spot as you a year ago- couldn't keep the boots on with uncooked liners without serious pain. I had to punch a bit medial and lateral across the bridge of the foot, cooked the liners and they have been solid for ~50 days, if not a bit on the noisy side.

I like the tfx liner more than my closed cell intuition powerwraps since my feet sweet a ton and it's never really cold here in the pnw, but the tfx liner does take up more space in the boot.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Mine were crazy tight pre-cooked, perfect fit after cooking the liners.

Gotta get these puppies cooked, thanks all

FYI the Titan last is 101?102? over the Zzero's 104ish. As has been said, get them cooked, 110 degree hot air blowers or rice cooker method, no conventional ovens. The TF-X liner is pretty burly even with the newer ones, it definitely needs to be fitted.

Ditto on tight fit. I had mine baked twice and fitted with a big toecap and a thicker sock. They did loosen up after a while. I cut out the elastic that covers the tongue. This makes the on and off easier. Now, fit great, tour great, ski great.

One more vote for Intuitions. I have new Titans same shell size as my Zzeros. The Zzeros were a little roomy, Titans a little snug. I put my Intuitions in from my Endorphins, which the Titan replaced, and they fit fine. Haven't cooked the stock liner yet, but I am not too worried, because I have the Intuitions. I have heard that the stock liners pack out with use a fair amount, even if you don't heat mold them. Dynafit definitely went for a tighter, more alpine like fit as the Titan is really a cross over boot.

TGR comes through again! Managed to get them cooked at a local sporting good store. I was sketched because the store is like the Japanese equivalent of Dick's or Sports Authority. The time I spent in the boots during the molding process was excruciating and I thought for sure that the boots were to small. I've heat molded boots a half dozen times various methods but this was the most painful experience by far. But the boots fit fine now, don't know why I ever doubted teh TGR.

Along with the liners being heat fitted, I had the shells extensively worked on. Exapanded on both sides at the ball of the foot a lot. Almost to the limit of what can be done - which is a lot. Also punched out the toe box a little. Pretty much a perfect fit now. Been getting a little heal pain, but went to a foot bed with a wider heal pocket and that seemed to work.

For me - I tried intuition liners. both Luxury and Power Wrap. Again, for me - it completely messed up the feel of the boot. I hated the boots when I put intuitioins in them. They are great with the stock liner. Just my experience - others will have different opinions.

Just got mine molded, much, much, much better now.
    I highly recommend the guys at the Powder House, they know their shit.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.