Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big Sky Lodging suggestions

I will be at Big Sky/Moonlight the first weekend in February with a group of 7 - any suggestions for reasonably priced lodging near the base areas (not necessarily within walking distance)? We are looking for a three bedroom condo or house.

Big Horn or Beaverhead Condos through Big Sky reservations seem like the best bet for you, as both are very near the base at Big Sky and are "reasonably priced". The more expensive (newer) condos are Powder Ridge and Black Eagle.
    Stay left.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Also, check www.vrbo.com

A group of us are going last week in feb and staying at powder ridge. it is pretty expensive--for 7 people its almost $700 a person. that isnt even with lift tickets. I am sure you could find cheaper. We are a mix of guys and girls and not college-aged so we dont want to be right on top of each other the whole week.
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

http://riverrocklodging.com/index.php

it's a hotel but 5 minute drive to mountain, very clean, new rooms, and walking distance to a bunch of bars and places to eat

great prices too last winter

stay in the meadow if you've got a vehical, it's cheaper and there are more food options.
    there is a bus also
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

+1 for the meadow.. Cheap and nice condos. Look for people's Spanish Peaks Condos on VRBO or really anything in the meadow will be way cheaper then up in the mountain village. If you do end up wanting to be within walking distance then take Eleventy's advice and stay at big horn.

Via reservations stayed at the Arrowhead Condos near the Summit in the Big Sky village and they were OK; not too expensive and got lift pkg (and breakfast at Summit for free), too. can try to work a deal to get pool/tub access at Summit, too...

when the fam came out to see me when i lived there, they usually did vrbo.com and got a place down on the golf course. they really liked it down there because a moose hung out in the back yard. i'd prefer one of the ski in ski out cabins at moonlight though if it were more of a skiing group....great views, solitude, and hot tubs!

not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know of ways to get big sky or moonlight discounted lift tickets. I am checking on liftopia and nothing yet, but just wondering if there are any other ways to get deals. can you ever get a deal on a combined pass? We couldnt find one last year for altabird so just paid full price when we skied both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Also, check www.vrbo.com

We used VRBO a few years ago to find a place at Moonlight, which we did, but, the fucking hot tub was broken and the "landlord" could give a fuck because he lived in Kansas and he had all our money before we got off the plane. This would apply to any mountain one uses VRBO, of course. At least with a local management company, there should be a local dude who will have that sucker up and running before you get back from beers your first day. Better be.

promo code: BOST

A promotion from the boston ski expo. Get 3 days free skiing for each adult when renting a room or condo through central reservations. Only applicable to the rack rate so you can't combine packages.

Has to be used by tomorrow (11/17)

+1 for Arrowhead Condo rec. Also, Stillwater condos are small but prolly cheap and are super close to the lifts, like Arrowhead.

Link is a deal at MLB for some pretty nice condos at moonlight.

The real place to stay in Big Sky on a budget is of course in the Meadow. OP seemed to want to stay in a condo near the lifts, so... if you're considering the meadow the Whitewater and Bucks T-4 are decent digs. Bucks has a good restaurant and a chill bar too.

The only (best) way to get a discount at Big Sky that I know of is to get an employee to give you their deal on passes. Sorry..
    Stay left.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlandclown View Post
    not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know of ways to get big sky or moonlight discounted lift tickets. I am checking on liftopia and nothing yet, but just wondering if there are any other ways to get deals. can you ever get a deal on a combined pass? We couldnt find one last year for altabird so just paid full price when we skied both.
    http://www.moonlightbasin.com/site/ticket_deals.html
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Moonlight seems to have good deals, they are on liftopia too. We are staying at Big Sky. Is there a shuttle from Big Sky to Moonlight if you just wanted that and not the combined pass?

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

We stayed at Moonlight - Saddle Ridge last year in a condo found on VRBO. The Iron Horse & Pony Express lifts were shared by both resorts so you could Ski in/Out to Big Sky with only a Big Sky ticket. Ski In required speed around the lodge. Couldn't believe how many condos were empty on the 1st week of March.

Moonlight seems to have good deals, they are on liftopia too. We are staying at Big Sky. Is there a shuttle from Big Sky to Moonlight if you just wanted that and not the combined pass?
    Yeah, but, man, spring for the pass. It's one big hill that way, and worth the extra bucks. If it snows, you may find yourself staying at Moonlight all day anyway. It is not a slacker mountain at all. Just think about hiking every now and then.

http://www.pocatelloski.com/Membership.htm#BS

Didn't mean to diss Moonlight's terrain, was thinking about the original Big Sky post and lift ticket prices. To go off the back side of Lone Peak, you need the pass that includes both BS and MB.

Lots of local owners put their condos up for rent on Craigslist, under "vacation rentals". There are some decent deals and not too many scammers there. There is a Craigslist page for both Bozeman and all of MT.

Bump. I have sent some inquiries on VRBO to what look to be nice places in the meadow. Our dates are 3/5 through 3/12 (could change a little). We have also considered Saddleridge but it's kinda pricey for us. There are 4 of us firmly committed with possible other folks. We definitely want a hot tub. Ski in/ski out would be nice, but not a deal breaker. We'll have a rental vehicle. Any new opinions on the subject of lodging? What do you guys think about getting lift tix in with the deal?

Thanks for any additional insight.

Deals on lift tickets tend to be pretty limited if not impossible. Save some cash by doing the legwork on your lodging for yourself. When my family comes to visit, they usually book something through vrbo and we've always had good results. Another thing to consider at Big Sky is hiring a driver to and from the resort...it looks spendy, but people often rent a car and it sits all week while they pay for it. If you don't mind using the shuttle service you can save a ton of money too.

Whitewater Inn is at the bottom of the road up to the hill (~10 mins to parking lot). Obviously not ski in/out, but in my experience, its the cheapest lodging option in the area. It has a hot tub and a ghetto water slide, and I've gotten good ski/stay packages through them (where I paid a reasonable rate for the hotel and essentially got lift tickets for free). It's also in a great location for night life, as long as you only want to sit in your hotel room and drink beer that you brought with you.

Edit: It's closer to the strip club than any of the on mountain lodging options.