Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Issued by: Pendleton - OR, US, National Weather Service,

...BLUSTERY NORTHEAST WINDS AND FRIGID WIND CHILLS TONIGHT AND EARLY TUESDAY... A POWERFUL COLD FRONT IS STILL EXPECTED TO SURGE SOUTHWARD LATER THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT, BRINGING GUSTY WINDS AND MUCH COLDER AND DRIER AIR TO THE REGION. MOST AREAS WILL OBSERVE NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH, BUT WINDS SUSTAINED AT 15 TO 25 MPH GUSTING TO 40 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL WASHINGTON AND NORTH CENTRAL OREGON. THIS INCLUDES THE RATTLESNAKE AND HORSE HEAVEN HILLS. AS TEMPERATURES FALL INTO THE TEENS AND 20S MONDAY NIGHT, THE GUSTY NORTH WINDS WILL CAUSE SINGLE DIGIT WIND CHILLS. SOME MOUNTAIN LOCATIONS WILL LIKELY SEE WIND CHILLS BELOW ZERO. TEMPERATURES WILL BE VERY SLOW TO CLIMB ON TUESDAY, DESPITE CLEARING SKIES. THIS WILL KEEP WIND CHILLS FIRMLY IN THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS THROUGH THE MORNING HOURS. IF YOU MUST BE OUTDOORS TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW MORNING, DRESS IN LAYERS WITH A WARM WINTER COAT. HATS AND GLOVES ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. NOW IS THE TIME TO WINTERIZE YOUR HOME BY PROTECTING EXPOSED PIPES AND PREVENTING DRAFTS. MAKE SURE YOU BRING ANY PETS INDOORS.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Good luck!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

Time for you to move to Florida? Or Socal if you don't mind not having electricity.

3 deg. this am with light snow and light winds. A balmy 18 now and snowing harder and the wind is kicking up. October my ass.

I was promised Indian Summer, this I cannot accept.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Temps in the 80s here past couple days.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

PM Rontele
    watch out for snakes

Complaining about the weather misses the spirit of this thread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Good luck!!!!
    Spent the day draining and rolling up hoses, bringing in plants, cleaning stock tanks and installing de-icers. Got all the stray cats tucked up with extra food. Now I'm hoping the wind stays out of the north and doesn't shift to the east like they are saying it might. My barn has runs off the stalls on the east side because the wind seldom blows that way. The horses can stand out of the wind behind a wall but it still makes a mess of things blowing shavings and hay everywhere.

Oh well, such is nature!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Spent the day draining and rolling up hoses, bringing in plants, cleaning stock tanks and installing de-icers. Got all the stray cats tucked up with extra food. Now I'm hoping the wind stays out of the north and doesn't shift to the east like they are saying it might. My barn has runs off the stalls on the east side because the wind seldom blows that way. The horses can stand out of the wind behind a wall but it still makes a mess of things blowing shavings and hay everywhere.

Oh well, such is nature!
    I hope your forecaster stops yelling.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I hope your forecaster stops yelling.
    Yeah I know, that's the way they always report special weather statements.

Jeebus, blowing hard and gusting over 40mph. At least it's not snowing too.
    Last edited by KQ; 10-28-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Setting "ground rules" for work meetings.
    Taking your watch off at the start of a business meeting and placing it on the table in front of you so you can keep track of the meeting timing.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Taking your watch off at the start of a business meeting and placing it on the table in front of you so you can keep track of the meeting timing.
    what's up with that? That's what staring at your phone is for...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    what's up with that? That's what staring at your phone is for...
    Exactly. With the bonus that you can sneak a check of the TGR app to relieve the incessant boredom caused by people taking 2 hours to accomplish what could be done in 15 minutes.

But really, is it too hard to fucking turn your wrist 90 degrees to read your watch? You have to take it off your wrist?

I did some stick bitch work for this engineer who told me when he was running meetings of 20+ people he would take all the chairs out of the room, it was uncomfortable standing so people couldn't wait for the meeting to be done ... nobody wasted time
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I did some stick bitch work for this engineer who told me when he was running meetings of 20+ people he would take all the chairs out of the room, it was uncomfortable standing so people couldn't wait for the meeting to be done ... nobody wasted time
    We call that a "daily standup meeting" in my world.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I got caught. Currently no water due to frozen burst pipe.

I remember thinking Dam its cold! as I get another blanket and the cat is snugging just as bit to close.

But not like up your way.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    1. Skiing with a school backpack
    2. A fat chick with small tits
    3. A dumb nerd
    4. A hippy that doesn't do drugs

for posterity --
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Saw a woman today, climbs out of a brand new Mercedies. Wearing a thousand dollar par of shoes. She is in a loveless marrege with a man who cant get it up. So he just gets drunk and beats her untill she crys, Every night. The world we live in. "Be nice"
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I was talking to a woman today. And someone had hurt her with "Words" I wanted to say. It was not about you. It was not personal.
    someone with a healthy mind would not have done that.
    It was about her issues, that we don't know about
    You need to let it go. And cut her some slack. Your out in the public, your "Pretty"
    They are always going to come at you.
    But It's not personal, Remember that. And be kind.
    We don't know what they are going though.

---I have a really nice buzz going --- @ 04:30 in the morning
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I was talking to a woman today.
    I've started a lot of posts like that.
    It has been deemed unacceptable. ...

In Jesus times, a woman was supposed to raise a family and take care of guests and seniors in the family.
    She wasn't supposed to talk to men in public.
    Men were not to engage in conversation with women in public.
    They were outraged at Jesus.
    He broke convention.
    It was unacceptable.

It isn't unacceptable any more. At least not in the West.
    It still might get you killed in some parts of Asia or the Arabia's.

I think it is unacceptable that people are abandoned by their own family, blood, to retirement homes.
    Some don't have a choice. But others ... it just ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I've started a lot of posts like that.
    It has been deemed unacceptable. ...

In Jesus times, a woman was supposed to raise a family and take care of guests and seniors in the family.
    She wasn't supposed to talk to men in public.
    Men were not to engage in conversation with women in public.
    They were outraged at Jesus.
    He broke convention.
    It was unacceptable.

It isn't unacceptable any more. At least not in the West.
    It still might get you killed in some parts of Asia or the Arabia's.

I think it is unacceptable that people are abandoned by their own family, blood, to retirement homes.
    But still. I was a stranger, and it had upset her so much? she just told me. Had to get it off her chest. These are our awesome american women.

I was at a loss for words at that moment "To busy staring at her tits."

So I typed this. Cross post from FB hope she see's it. Cuz its true.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    You ever think that some of those old folks may have just been total assholes to their children or everyone around them? The older I get and start to see the world with a bit more clarity, the more I realize why some people may kind of deserve to end up in those places. Not all, but many.

A good lesson for all. Be kind to your children and be involved with them, lest they care not for your well being when you need their help the most. The phenomenon's only going to get worse as the latchkey kids of the 80s/90s who had completely absent parents just won't give two rips about their soon to be elderly parents who dumped THEM off at daycare everyday or left them entirely to their own devices so they could work and live their lives. Or many parents of today who spend more time staring at their phones than interacting with their kids. It all kind of comes full circle in the end.