Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1655
    Any thoughts on tomorrow or thursday being the better day to come up?
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    Any thoughts on tomorrow or thursday being the better day to come up?
    If you're looking for the alpine to be open, Thursday's your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Waited FOREVER this am at 7th. Glacier Express had already been running and spankys was open for some time by the time it finally cracked which coincedentally was right when the alpine TBars opened. Lifty said it was due to avi control work, but I heard from a reliable source that because morons have been accessing Blackcomb Glacier during control work or when its closed from the top of 7th, that 7th and Horstman TBar will not open until the glacier TBar opens to stop people from traversing across or walking over the back into the windlip. Pique article below seems to back that up. Anyone heard anything similar? It would really fuck up the flow of things on Blackcomb if they decided to make this policy.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/piq...es+yanked+1808
    I too waited in that line. And I had been discussing, the day before, this exact issue with a pair of friends on patrol. Blackcomb Patrol were considering keeping 7th shut until there was glacier clearance. I think it is a response by a VERY frustrated patrol. People are doing idiot things that are, in my mind, totally unnecessary. Who needs to ski the blowhole when Spanky's has only just opened? I've spent a lot of time, both professionally and on the hill, in the last few weeks in the company of tourists. They're blown away by the magnitude and scope of terrain we have. People need to start feeling lucky for the amazing mountains we get to ski, and the hard working patrollers who risk their own safety to get it open for us, no matter the conditions.

People need to stop being so fucking arrogant. They're putting lives at risk, and screwing up the day for all of us, cos patrol are baby-sitting idiots.

In the long run, I suspect this sort of action will lead to pressure on patrol from mountain management to get terrain open quicker. Obviously patrol would argue they need more 'guards' to keep people out of control terrain. In turn this should lead to more patrollers/patrol funding.

Huge respect to the work patrol have been doing this season.

Oh, and the 7th wait? Stellar False Face-C.E.-Feather trees lap. Worth every minute.

I don't think there's much guessing on that one. When 7th and GE are closed, it's pretty much certain that the terrain you gain from hiking uphill from the top of Jersey is closed too. According to the article in the Pique, the one addressing the dumb fucks who are hiking up before stuff opens, patrol cannot rope/sign off every single route up, so use some common sense and don't be a part of the problem.
    I've seen some magically hiking around the signs, 'Never saw them'

Reminds me of drivers in Quebec, "Why is everyone waiting when that blocked off one-way street is obviously the way to go?'

Anyone know what's going on at WB? The entire mountain looks to be on standby (http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/lift/index.htm), everything worth skiing looks closed or on standby. Is the wind that bad or is it just a glitchy web page.

On an unrelated note, patrollers work long, hard, cold, early hours, for little pay to make the hills safe for us, I think we'd all forgive them if they used "dumb fuck inpatient cause I'm too important to wait for AC to finish cocksuckers" as target practice on occasion. Well, I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Anyone know what's going on at WB? The entire mountain looks to be on standby (http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/lift/index.htm), everything worth skiing looks closed or on standby. Is the wind that bad or is it just a glitchy web page.
    Whatever it says is/was true. All the mid-mountain lifts went on standby around noon. Not sure what happened after that as I found my way down to Creekside.

re. lifts on standby, wind went wild....snow was super reactive and slabby from red to roundhouse, better skiing was lower mountain this morning...sluff was running really fast in the trees

Had a few really awesome CBC/Burn laps before crystal went down. Nobody out there either. It was pretty deep in the trees and the sluff was nice and surfy to play around on. The wind is going to fuck shit up pretty good though. I bet there's going to be a bullet proof crust by morning.

Someone said patrol pulled a pass from somebody who was sidestepping over to get to hit the Crystal groomers this am. If true, that seems pretty excessive to me.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Some crazy winds up there with awesome whiteouts. I'd stand there getting pummeled by snow and laugh.
    Was fun while it lasted.

Had a few really awesome CBC/Burn laps before crystal went down. Nobody out there either. It was pretty deep in the trees and the sluff was nice and surfy to play around on. The wind is going to fuck shit up pretty good though. I bet there's going to be a bullet proof crust by morning.

Someone said patrol pulled a pass from somebody who was sidestepping over to get to hit the Crystal groomers this am. If true, that seems pretty excessive to me.
    that sounds pretty extreme to me. ive done that many times without even thinking about. although i normally do it early season before crystal opens or after wind stops the chair. i'd be pretty upset losing my pass for that.

agreed it was pretty fun today, looks like the past few days in teh alpine will be better than tomorrow, but should be pretty good in spots still. just hope my house bbq doesnt blow off the patio. its howling even in the valley

This is what I was thinking about after reading the peak article re: people accessing crystal from jersey cream. I normally reserve this route for early season, but I never thought twice about doing the whole coyote road - blue road - bushwhack through the trees to lower cancer man before. If this is frowned upon, some clarification would be much appreciated as I definitely don't want to be stepping on toes. Anyone in the know who can chime in?

never been up when they completely shut down the mountain like that. Parked in creekside so I couldn't even ski to the village without having to bus back! but man, wicked couple laps on big timber and home run. can't wait for wind-loaded sections of the alpine tomorrow

NAPALM SNOW DEATH!

Had about 30 trees *whump* on me today during a massive gust which set off a nice slab down onto Sunset Blvd ... was fun while that shit lasted!
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    This is what I was thinking about after reading the peak article re: people accessing crystal from jersey cream. I normally reserve this route for early season, but I never thought twice about doing the whole coyote road - blue road - bushwhack through the trees to lower cancer man before. If this is frowned upon, some clarification would be much appreciated as I definitely don't want to be stepping on toes. Anyone in the know who can chime in?
    I don't think it was an issue until fucktards started walking up the groomer on the other side of that sidestep and into CBC/Burn/Greyzone. I actually saw some kid booting up the groomer not too long ago. I guess they've been finding fresh tracks leading from there all the way to CBC and even out to Apocolypse before the alpine opens. Probably not a good idea to go there even if you are just going to hit cancerman.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

That was one wicked ass day.

Seemed like Ullr and Mother Nature were trying to one up one another.

Had a good morning, raced over to Solar once I saw things closing up. Hung there till 130 and then spent the rest of the afternoon lapping around Crystal zone. Good in the trees but even a run like Cancer Man was wind affected at the end of the day.

Strange that they closed Blackcomb Gondie as it accessed the only chair open, while they kept Wizard turning.
    Even more strange they closed Wizard at 330 while the few of us still up there could ride Excelerator till 4.

Memorable day for sure.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

I had a rather fantastic day. Full speed laps of international trees without taking a break to catch my breath, unaffected knee deep goodness and pillows, it was definitely the place to be. Then went up to the roundhouse to ski the tram line, and holy guacamole I've never seen it howl like that up there. Banged out 10 super deep laps before work at noon, so I am very happy.

Well I haven't posted much stoke in a while so here we go...

First off are some pictures from touring in the Sea to Sky corridor last friday.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to embed them so heres the link

And second here is an edit I made from the epic conditions we had over reading week (mid february). Enjoy and here's to the new storm cycle!

^^^^ full credit for having the stoke meter cranked love the howling

One of the better POVs I've seen! Its not often I can devote a full 7 mins to pov haha. Nice work.

I love the feeling of soft snow wafting up into my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Had about 30 trees *whump* on me today during a massive gust
    That shit'll break your fuckin neck. Heads up!
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

I love the feeling of soft snow wafting up into my balls.
    you & everyone else.. well maybe not the ladies...they probably prefer it wafting up into their hoohaws

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    People need to start feeling lucky for the amazing mountains we get to ski, and the hard working patrollers who risk their own safety to get it open for us, no matter the conditions.

THIS ^^ and...

People need to stop being so fucking arrogant. They're putting lives at risk, and screwing up the day for all of us, cos patrol are baby-sitting idiots.

THAT ^^^ and...

Huge respect to the work patrol have been doing this season.

THIS ^^^ too.
    Figure it out dudes. Whistler's been doing business for prit' near 50 years and this was never a problem before this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    That was one wicked ass day.

Strange that they closed Blackcomb Gondie as it accessed the only chair open, while they kept Wizard turning.
    Even more strange they closed Wizard at 330 while the few of us still up there could ride Excelerator till 4.
    Few skies flew off the gondi! Thats why they shut it. I met one of the unfortunate girls with one ski at the top of bcomb gondi and mtn ops sending people down the lift line to search for it. Giggle lapped xcelerator trees a bunch of times yesterday. Good day for sure.

Had a great day on blackcomb today. Good snow in the trees. Definitely see wind affect on patrollers and crystal.

two laps in spankys didn't dissapoint.

I was waiting ( again ) for lee and a guy came over the crest in Ruby and yelled out OH MY GOD, he kept saying that as he skied down.

we're lucky people!