Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1655
    Quote Originally Posted by clarklewis View Post
    tomahawked last season down most of the saxifrage north
    That is the incident they had heard about.

hmm Wednesday...but all that wind has got to have fucked the snow by now.

Wow - The Heresay of possesion charges being delt out on the mountain is funny.

Any maggot who supports the war on drugs is a fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Got a bit wet today - could use lower freezing levels. 98 - 99 remember when they had to dig out Harmony? That was when the Horseshoes were basically gentle rollers and Waterfall would become a gentle bump. Not quite there yet imo. Have to reach Mt Washington levels - ie 600 cms+ base.

But its definitely acceptable snow levels and inbounds quality is decent.
    you morons left way to early... crystal was crazy today. I'm starting to see areas that are usually pretty steep as gentle rollers with others I normally wouldn't even think about skiing as starting to go.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Definitely some rarely-go lines starting to be fun exploration.

And cops were definitely at top of goat path waiting. I talked to them at length and upon leaving sarcasticly wished them happy dope hunting. They said they usually don't wait too long to catch someone. Rcmp uniform and all. I may have been high, but not hallucinating visions of cops high. Just skiing wicked powder high.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    you morons left way to early... crystal was crazy today. I'm starting to see areas that are usually pretty steep as gentle rollers with others I normally wouldn't even think about skiing as starting to go.
    SOME people had to work!

I think we'll be heading back up for Wednesday...

the real question is should I bail on work tomorrow or wednesday...

any mags need a ski buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I may have been high, but not hallucinating visions of cops high. Just skiing wicked powder high.
    The best kind.

As for powder snows, I hope to get after it later on in the week. Just got back from Kickinghorse with decent snow on Friday. Was super stoked all day only to come back to the room and check up on this thread. Damn I was jealous...

I missed all the weekend stoke contribution, but mine echoes what everybody else was saying anyway. Whistler, was mostly un crowded for the most part (by weekend standards). McC's was tits deep, right up till the end of the day. Nailed perfect lines all day through there. International in the morning till it was spent. Contemplated doing a lap or 2 to Singing, but opted to keep playing in McC's enchanted forest. Great f'in day though.

High Pressure weekend here we come!! (and maybe a sick day on Wednesday... )
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Last-ditch effort here to nab a ride to Whistler Wed afternoon. Flying into YVR around 1pm. Anyone headed up with a seat? Lunch/gas are on me.

Please return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    SOME people had to work!

I think we'll be heading back up for Wednesday...
    ohhhh, work... I thought you said your legs were tired! You guys missed the GE opening this am and it was pretty freakin deep. We ran a train into teetering which now skis like a blue run.

Whistler alpine opening tomorrow should be off the hook! Get up there early!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

ohhhh, work... I thought you said your legs were tired! You guys missed the GE opening this am and it was pretty freakin deep. We ran a train into teetering which now skis like a blue run.

grumblegrumble....freakin' morning meetings today and tomorrow....

See pm from shar toby. I fucked up the footage i shot of you.

I'll be leaving Van Early tomorrow morning. Have up to 3 spaces.

Edit - 2 spaces.
    Last edited by Schemeboat; 03-15-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    See pm from shar toby. I fucked up the footage i shot of you.
    lets hit that same zone early and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    PPS RugbyDave. Puppy Chow is on the Blackcomb Patrol avalanche control plan. Right next to Apocalypse. (right or left? Can't remember off the top of my head) I'll post up a pic from the AC plan when I get home...
    Apocalypse being skier's right and She's Tight being skier's left, Puppy Chow would be the line between them? Oh and can you shed any light on all the rumours swirling around about broken legs and heli evacs in Grey Zone?
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Apocalypse being skier's right and She's Tight being skier's left, Puppy Chow would be the line between them? Oh and can you shed any light on all the rumours swirling around about broken legs and heli evacs in Grey Zone?
    not that you would know anything about that particular area...

Fun day in and around blackcomb, higher freezing level is an unwelcome change but cant complain about glacier opening, I wish chainsaw got the green light also... Finished the day off by trying a backflip off the lone pine curl, got my skis to touch down but my weight was forward which lead to a solid tumble. Apparently a sidehill, downhill take off is much harder to work with, who would have thought

One of the mags on here lost a Go Pro where the curl feeds into pakalolo... If anyone sees anything...

Oh... sort of a crappy shot, but better than nothing.

point_it sendin' it.
    Last edited by kalisto; 03-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    One of the mags on here lost a Go Pro where the curl feeds into pakalolo... If anyone sees anything...
    Still the best day of skiing in my life, despite the camera-losing tomahawk and biggest core shot ever. If the GoPro turns up I'll post the crash so you can all have a good laugh.

I think I caught up with you guys through Grey Zone and CBC, sexiest train I've ever seen.

After seeing a cat digging out the bottom of Harmony today I'm betting the Whistler Alpine doesn't open till thurs.
    Wind was just as strong at the top of the T-Bar as it was getting off GC 45min earlier.
    Shit show at the top stations I'm sure.

Get up early for the mid mountain, sleep till the afternoon for maybe 1 of the 2 alpine chairs.
    Spankys who knows.....hope I'm wrong but we'll see soon.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonshackle View Post
    Still the best day of skiing in my life, despite the camera-losing tomahawk and biggest core shot ever. If the GoPro turns up I'll post the crash so you can all have a good laugh
    Man I was so focussed on staring over the edge of that cliff when you ripped past behind me and skipped over those hidden rocks it scared the shit out of me.... straight up thought I was gonna get taken over the edge for a second haha. Thought you were gonna hold on out the bottom though....next time

thanks for the peak lineup entertainment everyone! never seen so many people try and fail on air jordan. middle landing looked pretty firm.

today did not suck

Peak and Harmony cracked! Where the hell was everyone? That was slightly better then acceptable

the middle step on air jordan was hard ice today, had a interesting view as i slid over the second step looking straight up in the air