Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1655
    Quote Originally Posted by failbail View Post
    How high was it raining today?
    Not very high, it turned to wet snow by midstation.

Can anyone tell me the name of the trees directly above the Unsanctioned entrance? Access from the top via Garbo? Watch for many death cliffs, yes?

it was raining today?

Epic snow in the trees to solar coaster, Crystal was great. Spanky's had great snow, skied it by brail.

Now i'm really getting excited.

800m. Then puking above that line

FML, Monday can't come soon enough.

If anyone hears of a single ON3P ski (Wren graphics) with a black Marker Duke attached lost between Blackcomb lot 6 and Nesters or Rainbow, please let me know.

Reward for sure!!! Thanks

bottomless.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I'm no Aussie here, but I don't find such comments against entire groups to be acceptable. Replace Aussies with blacks or jews and you'd have your ass handed to you.

Now back to the stoke...
    D(C), I apologize for failing to be politically correct. Please replace Aussies with your choice of BC gearless, clueless individuals traveling in avi terrain.
    I've witnessed some groups skiing above others and starting slides onto unsuspecting individuals below. BC safety always trumps PC.
    Not to make rash generalizations but just to point out my own personal experience. I'm all for equal freedom of access to powder but not "blind stupidity" that khyber pass refers to.
    Many many of these individuals were packing G3's new pocket probe, shovel and beacon.
    I was told by a WB patroller that they may make it mandatory for all BC travellers to have either BC gear or at least a Snowpulse pack to make future inevitable body recovery easier for patrollers.
    No stoke on a powder day if some dicks bury you from above!

I'd like to chime in as the token, offended Aussie transplant. I've got a beacon, shovel, probe and AST1 and so do all of my Aussie friends. True story. Not all of us are as ignorant and reckless as you horrible pack of racists make us out to be! Do we need an Internet Safety Bureau pass before we go out touring next? Should I just post the application here?

Butthurt that I'm apparently nationalitily challenged aside, today was sweet! Plenty of snow of adequate quality and it was still coming down when I left, rain never really got above the base of excellerator and if it did, it didn't last for long. Snow up high was beautiful!

I drove out from Lot 6 and didn't notice any skis littering the road up if that helps narrow the search area robnow.

as stated above - "wet dreams" was just that when Harmony opened
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    If I took a principled stand on every aspect of my life, I'd be too busy to live it.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    If anyone hears of a single ON3P ski (Wren graphics) with a black Marker Duke attached lost between Blackcomb lot 6 and Nesters or Rainbow, please let me know.

Dude. That is terrible. Brand new skis, utterly stoked on them. They'll come back. They have to. I put money on them being between lot 6 and the base those hairpin turns will do it.

Jaffa, sorry to offend mate, as the self-appointed ringleader of the horrible pack of racists promoting hatred against Aussies or others for that matter.
    How about someone(nationality withheld to promote racial ski world harmony) showing up for a BC trip with only a beacon and then being pissed when we refuse to bring him along? great mate to ski with, just a little inexperienced from a BC perspective.
    Anyways, I'm not an Aussie hater just a rash generalist/hater of BC ignorance, as in no pulse=no fun.
    Robnow, bummer hope that your ski reunion is soon to happen.

Singing pass is now PC? I'm on the road at Lake Louise, but I've got friends back home that regularly ski that area, they had passes pulled because the area is now a permanent closure. Apparently it's a lifetime ban? Can anyone else verify? Or have knowledge of this? Shaggy?

Well it seems like there definitely is a trend in gapers getting themselves in shitty spots disregarding all associated risks. Graham and a bunch of friends dropped below the boundary by the bottom of harmony last weekend, only to have some gaper from victoria who followed us ask us, once we were in the woods, if he could still get back to harmony. We dropped in within sight of the bottom of the chair...

Stokemeter rising for the next few days!

Ugh So now risk Management involves punishing competent people for having gapers follow them without permission and get injured? This has snowmobiling written all over it again. Our groups/tracks get followed by out of towners looking for the new "cool" zone to go, and are too dumb to notice that we're all carrying 20L+ extra gas EACH. They tag along and follow at a distance, all the way out to god knows where on some huge mission only to run out of gas/get epically stuck/injured and then become a burden/responsibility on us. It gets annoying after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Singing pass is now PC? I'm on the road at Lake Louise, but I've got friends back home that regularly ski that area, they had passes pulled because the area is now a permanent closure. Apparently it's a lifetime ban? Can anyone else verify? Or have knowledge of this? Shaggy?
    singing pass not PC to my knowledge. I dont know where your friends were dropping in but today as we were dropping in a patroller came by with some good tips about the results they were getting on AC and a reminder to stick together. definately more traffic down there this year and lots of "lost" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    wet dreams /gun barrels was just retardedly deep, had to wipe the snow off my chest heading back to the chair, just caked!
    yeah dude, ripped two laps of GB right after harm opened, NOMNOMNOMNOM, deeeeep!

every epic year we push on and out at the end of the day, or when ever we choose. And the gapers push further than they should.
    they have learnt to follow rippers inbounds and by the end of the day/season, when inbounds is tracked out they employ the same phylosiphy.
    same applies for sledding.
    Jerry Springer's target ordiance!
    please people don't become a cranky old bastard and axcept the fact that every year there is a new batch of people that will fall into the exact same traps. Were you born a backcountry god? we all started out boot packing skin tracks (oh sorry your a god, I forgot) but this is the reality of the game we play. I hear some of you blaming aussies. In fernie we blame euro"s. I tour solo so wot-ev.
    One mans avalanche is anothers mans sluff.

and remember, as a Canadian, your far more likely to die in an avalanche than this aussie. especially you albertains ...
    bring the hate ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

^^^^^ wot the man said. There's always a fresh round of gapers. 99 out of a 100 don't die. Not your problem/

Singing pass? That's a long way out, and not part of Whistler's boundaries. They must be talking about the access route from the bottom of Harmony chair to Singing pass / Oboe which is now closed during avy control & closures in the Harmony zone, and would be a pass pull for sure. Not for life though, unless they assaulted or threatened patrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

From today

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    From today

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

9 day forecast calling for 200cms, praise be to ULLR!!!
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post

DUDE! That is brutal! I hope someone finds it soon and gets it back to you.