Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1655
    So... much... fun... the last few days. Snow quality just kept getting better.

think today shot into the top 3 of my best since I moved here 8 years ago, yesterday probably top 5....sooooo goooooood!

If you skied Whistler today, I hate you. I've had enough texts already telling me how amazing everything was while I'm stuck here in the fucking office.

I don't often bro-brah-blog but damn, absolutely epic laps on the peak. Pick any classic line and shred it in the deepest blower. Over and over again, with zero line up. You had to know your terrain with the viz which kept most people off of it. Nothing was wind affected for once.
    My top 3 also I'd say. Ended with pretty much a straight line down Khybers, one of the fastest laps down there.
    Launching off Hwy 86 cat track you couldn't go fast or far enough to even feel the landing, bottomless butter.
    Retardation all around. Hope most of you got a taste of it.

Speaking with one of the operators, guests can hardly snowmobile it's so stupid deep and they cancelled cat skiiing. As soon as you step off the cat, you're up to your tits.
    Last edited by Mark-R; 02-16-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    think today shot into the top 3 of my best since I moved here 8 years ago, yesterday probably top 5....sooooo goooooood!
    I think today was better than yesterday. I'm not exaggerating or trying to stir up shit when I say that, in my 36 years of skiing, yesterday and today were 2nd only to my heli skiing trip in Valdez 15 yrs ago.

Absolutely mind blowing conditions.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS

That is all.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I think today was better than yesterday. I'm not exaggerating or trying to stir up shit when I say that, in my 36 years of skiing, yesterday and today were 2nd only to my heli skiing trip in Valdez 15 yrs ago.

Absolutely mind blowing conditions.
    yeah, in conversation about this with co-workers, I think the past 2 days are at the top of my best ever....my head is swimming with visions of deep deep snow all up in my face, pinning steep tree lines, launching drops, pillows, oh man, I want more more more!

Untracked blower laps within spitting distance of Peak chair at 2pm ... just unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Untracked blower laps within spitting distance of Peak chair at 2pm ... just unreal.
    Yep, after the initial push, there was practicaly nobody on the hill. Finding deep stashes all day. After 4 super solid days in a row and a high speed collision with the tip of a big boulder today, my legs/back are complete junk. I have to catch up on all my work tomorrow, so no matter how much it snows, I'm out until friday!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I hate you all.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Yep, after the initial push, there was practicaly nobody on the hill. Finding deep stashes all day. After 4 super solid days in a row and a high speed collision with the tip of a big boulder today, my legs/back are complete junk. I have to catch up on all my work tomorrow, so no matter how much it snows, I'm out until friday!
    I can ditto the back/legs thing. 5 i n a row, I wake up at 5:40, check snow report, go skiing. If tomorrow is less than 15 I might sleep, finally

And yes, it is good. Even made me look like a superstar (in my mind anyway)

Gotta love when the forecast is 3 to 5 but it turns out to be 35!

Sweet jesus. I ski everyday, and I was blown away by today's conditions. This week has been "pretty good" but today crossed the line into "ALL TIME". If you didn't ski today, hang your head in shame. No slab, no wind effect, no upside down, no raining in the valley. Just straight up blower from the top of the Peak, all the way to the Creek. And pretty much no crowds. Holy fucking awesome high five do-you-remember-that-day conditions.

Good to see you the last few days T.Odd. Both times just after I saw you I got a fucking epic lap. I'm sure you did too.

PS Looks like its going to stay cold and go bluebird by the weekend. Game ON!

PPS Very isolated releases on west aspects at treeline up to a metre plus! Don't get caught out there! Let it settle before you get to crazy.
    PPPS Time to get crazy!

Definately one of my top 5 all time in bounds days.

Nice work all ^^^^.. I took a rest day and looks like it'll be back to work again tomorrow

Good golly miss molly! I mean who really needs one more chime-in on the awesomeness but hell, ALL TIME!

As everyone has said, today is going down in the memory banks to be sure!

Hey clownshoe, I got similar releases a meter deep on east aspect below treeline on some larger pillow type areas. Slightly disconcerting amidst the awesomeness, but so much awesomeness that dubious decisions were made, executed, and thankfully rewarded instead of regretted. Knock on wood, and here's to tomorrow!

I registered just for today. I just got back from what was definitely my best week of riding ever in the interior, to that. Holy shit, that was out of this goddamn world ridiculous good! Here's to tomorrow indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Good to see you the last few days T.Odd. Both times just after I saw you I got a fucking epic lap. I'm sure you did too.
    good to see you out enjoying it as a civilian! and a big hell yeah on epic...my McC's lap was dreamy, in fact most of the past day is still swirling in my mind....still so amped!

I need to stop checking this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I took a rest day
    pussy

Here's a Dave Treadway POV from the storm cycle:

lol, shreddin' for jebus

good pov tho

Bit more snow today then cold sun tomorrow? Legs are recovered time to get back at it.

Guys, not to cunt up all of these jealousy inducing nukage stoke posts from the last week, but anyone have any recommendations on a private car or shuttle service up from YVR to Whistler. We are getting in Saturday early PM, and with 5 of us, figured its easier and quicker to go that route rather than waiting around for the perimeter bus. Thanks, and back to your regularly scheduled 183cm in an week stoke!

No more perimeter, pacific coach now. I think Star Limousines is the usual limousine service from YVR.

I would think a rental would be cheaper, providing you can somehow fit 5+equipment into something.

Thought about that, since I drove myself up last time, but not sure what rental would be big enough for 5+ plus my wife and my giant ski bags packed to the gills.