Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    I think we are using the same. I have a curved mount on my helmet and leave the mounting buckle on the camera.
    Pop the tab, slide into the curved mount, and push the tab down. It’s already set so I don’t have to adjust it
    Looks the same. Do you have a problem with the camera shifting on the mount in your pack or if it gets bumped? I thought about putting a line across the tabs so I could quickly adjust it if it gets out of alignment.

As an aside, I wish there were little teeth on the tabs or something to keep it set. On my roadie the wind would push the camera back and out of alignment. Really had to crank the thing down.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Looks the same. Do you have a problem with the camera shifting on the mount in your pack or if it gets bumped? I thought about putting a line across the tabs so I could quickly adjust it if it gets out of alignment.

As an aside, I wish there were little teeth on the tabs or something to keep it set. On my roadie the wind would push the camera back and out of alignment. Really had to crank the thing down.
    I haven’t had any issues with it shifting out of alignment but did cinch it down tight.
    I haven’t tested it (yet) with a crash landing on my head, but have tested it more than once by putting my helmet on, then leaning into my SUV to get more gear out of the back and smacking the camera on the tailgate and it’s still aligned.
    With 17 ski days on it, I am on my second mounting buckle as one of the arms that you push inward to slide into the curved helmet mount broke.
    Even with one arm missing, I used it a few days like it was since pushing the tab down locked it in.

ok here's an unfair comparison:

quick one with the hero8:

one with 4session:

I know how much I suck at skiing. But I don't know how much I suck at cameras, so any input into settings is appreciated.
    Last edited by MiddleOfNight; 01-01-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    I haven’t had any issues with it shifting out of alignment but did cinch it down tight.
    I haven’t tested it (yet) with a crash landing on my head, but have tested it more than once by putting my helmet on, then leaning into my SUV to get more gear out of the back and smacking the camera on the tailgate and it’s still aligned.
    With 17 ski days on it, I am on my second mounting buckle as one of the arms that you push inward to slide into the curved helmet mount broke.
    Even with one arm missing, I used it a few days like it was since pushing the tab down locked it in.
    This is where something like a stepped mount with hard stops would hurt you. If you crashed the chances of the mount breaking are much higher than with just the friction fit. Kinda like how in a bike crash your handlebars can pivot without snapping anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    This is where something like a stepped mount with hard stops would hurt you. If you crashed the chances of the mount breaking are much higher than with just the friction fit. Kinda like how in a bike crash your handlebars can pivot without snapping anything important.
    This makes sense.
    By the stepped mount do you mean the curved mount, to the mounting buckle, to the camera sitting higher up. Im sure being in the Teletubby position it is going come apart in a crash.
    I can’t tell if the quickclip that comes with the headband would keep it lower or not.
    I’ve started to put together a homemade tether to run through the vents on top of my helmet and then attach to the screw.
    I have a chest mount but haven’t used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    ok here's an unfair comparison:

quick one with the hero8:

one with 4session:

I know how much I suck at skiing. But I don't know how much I suck at cameras, so any input into settings is appreciated.
    You are making turns in great conditions. Looks good to me.
    As far as settings, I haven’t had mine long enough to know what might help so I would go off the advice upthread.