Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Do it!

Andy - great job on the video man. It really turned out excellent. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Hey Andy - you ever find somebody to help you ski BASE with your sit ski?
    Yeah, kinda. It's a money issue more than anything else really. I have to go through AFF and re-qualify and then build up to BASE before even thinking about introducing the sitski to things. That's a lot of air time and tuition, which is exspensive.

If I could afford to head to CA or Spain and get it all done in one go then I'd do it, but don't have that amount of funding. So, I'm restricted to training in the UK with some army friends, which makes everyhting drag out 'cos of the weather here sucking balls. I'm doing the AFF in the summer here and will build up from there, hopefully once I get through to doing wheelchair BASE I'll pick up more attention and funding to take it onto snow.

Man I hope Andy beats the gigster jackass....Voted 4 more times from all my coworkers computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Hey Andy - you ever find somebody to help you ski BASE with your sit ski?
    Actually, Chuck Norris has threatened legal action if Andy attempts this.

Mr. Norris is claiming copyright infringement because after Andy pulls off the first sitski base jump all Chuck Norris jokes would become Andy Campbell jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Wheelchair BASE. Sounds like something out of a Benny Hill or Monty Python skit. Although they'd refrain from using a chute.

I think you need to get some chick in a slutty nurse costume to push you off a cliff/building/bridge in a hospital type chair. Disguise the chute too so it looks especially egregious. Then film a dummy huck in same scenario from another angle, put them together. The video would get tons of people with their knickers in a twist on the web.

I'd hold off on that video until after the Canyons gig.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by SitSki13 View Post
    Go here --->http://howdoyoumountain.com/your-mountain/1/most_recent

Click the vote button next to the idiot in the wheelchair.
    done and done

Hey Lara, welcome to TGR. I can guarantee that

will get you a crap load of votes from here in return. I showed a nipple once and got a ski sponsorship!

It looks like he's been disqualified for rigging votes. His video is still up though so idk, but if he has it means Lara must be in second place, congrats!

Haha, yeah that guy. The twitters say he's disqualified ---> http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23ultimatemountaingig

FKNA! Let's sort something out. IF I do get the gig then the 40k is going to charity and I'll still need to eat. Plus IF I do get the gig there'll be load more exposure and hopefully people wanting die living stuff, would be cool to have something ready for them to order and use it as another way to get more funds for adaptive programs.

I have a great hosting account at Media Temple, can we set thing up on there?
    Andy,
    I am close friends with Chris Waddell. Do you know him? He recently climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro (and is an amazing skier, as you probably know--if you know him).
    (His Web site: http://www.one-revolution.com/)
    Whatever happens with this Canyons gig or not, he'd be a good person for you to know and collaborate with, to help set up adaptive adventure programs around the world. Maybe we'll get to meet during the interview process or something, and I can introduce you! He's a good egg.

this thread is full of an incredible amount of awesome. andy, if you get the job, it will be cool seeing you working with kids in the adaptive ski programs. it's pretty cool seeing the little ones beyond stoked because they, too, can be snowridin'.

Just clear your history and cookies and you can vote as often as you like.
    I would guess I have voted 15-20 times for you Andy.
    Good luck!

nice video, voted for ya...good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lararosey View Post
    Andy,
    I am close friends with Chris Waddell. Do you know him? He recently climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro (and is an amazing skier, as you probably know--if you know him).
    (His Web site: http://www.one-revolution.com/)
    Whatever happens with this Canyons gig or not, he'd be a good person for you to know and collaborate with, to help set up adaptive adventure programs around the world. Maybe we'll get to meet during the interview process or something, and I can introduce you! He's a good egg.
    Yeah, I know of Chris, never met him though, the dude is amazing all-round and definitely a bit of a hero to me. It'd be pretty amazing to meet him, when I had my accident and first found out about sitskiing I saw videos etc of Chris, was like "Fuck Yeah!" and immediately ordered a sitski!

BUMP! Threw down about 20 more votes for you this evening. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Bump. 3 votes from me. Good luck!

10,000 views!! That's more than the rest of the top ten most voted videos combined!

FKNA!!

Thanks mags, I owe you some stoke!

So do you find out first, then let everyone know? Any idea how this will shake out? Man, I am pullin' for ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

No idea how it's working from here out.

I've finished with the most votes, which means I must have won the week-long visit but obviously I'm hoping for the full gig.

I'm guessing they'll be going over the mass influx of last minute applications and deciding who'll be getting invited to interview for the job itself, which I think will be getting held on the 6th.

Hopefully I'll hear something after the weekend, as soon as I know I'll let everyone know for sure.

Huge thanks to everyone for their help and support, I hope the canyons have as much faith in me as you crazy bastards have always shown.

FKNA < Andy. If Canyons doesn't recognize what a boon it would be to have an adaptive skier as their ambassador, it would only demonstrate that they are heartless corporate bean counting attention whores.

...I've finished with the most votes, which means I must have won the week-long visit...
    Doh, spoke too soon. Just had a check of the site to see if there was any news and Lara beat me to the number one spot with the most votes.

I was till in the lead this morning, two days after voting finished, so Lara must have had a ton of votes in the last day or so that took a while to be added on to her tally.

No week-long vacay for me, all or bust for the full gig!

I am nothing short of flabbergasted that you could have been outvoted at the last minute with the support shown here and elsewhere, Andy.

W8. How can you have 6 times the number of views and not more votes? Something smells fishy to me.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Plenty of people can view and not vote.

Anyone who hasnt figured out yet that the blog, etc was not Canyons ultimate goal with this promo is high. Theyve already gotten 10k views just for sitski, and every single video is rocking how Canyons is the shit and they should hire them.

Not bad publicity for 40k and a winter condo rental. I bet the marketing guy who came up with it gets promoted.

If anyone deserves it though its you Sitski, but just some advice, I wouldnt play the poor card to hard (you didnt in the video but have mentioned money shortages here). You've got some serious gear being shown off in your video, in clearly some dope places. Thats going to be a tough sell.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    W8. How can you have 6 times the number of views and not more votes? Something smells fishy to me.
    ^^^This^^

Plus to be leading for that long and lose it after voting has been closed.

Something doesn't add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

maybe, but maybe people watch andy's video multiple times (but can only vote once) because it is cool and inspiring
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

I dont really get whats so special with Lara, outside of apparently she was an extra during the Hot Dog ski balet scenes.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I dont really get whats so special with Lara, outside of apparently she was an extra during the Hot Dog ski balet scenes.
    Betcha her previous experience on the casting couch came in handy then.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.