Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Do it!

I think the closing date for submissions is the 25th, although on their twitter they said it'd been extended to the 30th. They're holding interviews on the 6th Dec I think to choose who gets the full gig.

The vid with the most votes gets the week trip, obviously I'd prefer the full gig so don't mind slipping from the #1 spot. I wanted to get on their radar and think we've managed that!

I'm assuming that if the most voted person is also the one they want for the full gig, #2 in votes gets the trip.

I wouldn't worry about too many votes ruining your chances. I wouldn't worry about the work visa deal either, giving the $$ to charity is even greater exposure for the Canyons, plus it makes everyone all warm and fuzzy inside.
    It's a no brainer. The fact that you're from across the pond might make them think that you could help expand their reach.

I only see you having two things (very minor) against ya:

A)You're not a hot chic, some of the other contestants are.

B) Part of the deal is equipment, your equipment is more expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    I'm assuming that if the most voted person is also the one they want for the full gig, #2 in votes gets the trip.

I wouldn't worry about too many votes ruining your chances. I wouldn't worry about the work visa deal either, giving the $$ to charity is even greater exposure for the Canyons, plus it makes everyone all warm and fuzzy inside.
    It's a no brainer. The fact that you're from across the pond might make them think that you could help expand their reach.
    Thanks dude, I'm hoping they see things this way too.

I only see you having two things (very minor) against ya:

A)You're not a hot chic, some of the other contestants are.

B) Part of the deal is equipment, your equipment is more expensive
    The equipment isn't a problem either, I use all the same as everyone else (with the exemption of ski boots and poles, more stuff to be sold/auctioned/given to charity) and am good to go with my own sitski as it's not something covered by, or conflicting with, exisiting sponsors.

Plus, If they want to have a hot chick too then I'm more than happy to share that suite at The Waldorf

Voted
    Great vid and Good Luck!
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by SKIORFORGETIT View Post
    anybody else try to vote more than once and it says "you already voted for this video"

thx
    do you have more than one computer? if so, vote from each of 'em.

Bump....

I wouldn't worry about too many votes ruining your chances.
    If they are looking for someone to take advantage of social media to get the Canyons some exposure...... Well I think we have our proven candidate!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    do you have more than one computer? if so, vote from each of 'em.
    voted on both of my comps

so, i will just keep playing the video on my comps to get the view #s higher

GO ANDY!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have 2X as many views as the next guy. If you do not get this gig, this contest is rigged.

On the web page, it says the video with the most votes gets a season pass, and in another place it says that the video with the most votes "will be offered the opportunity to come to Canyons for one week, all expenses paid, to create and produce another video and/or provide additional content such as blogs for Canyons!"

It is pretty clear that the winner of the contest, ie the person selected for the season long job, is NOT based on internet voting. Still, all the votes means that SitSki will get something, plus it certainly ensures that his video will get the attention of the canyons people.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Finally voted. Posted a thread on Epicski, hoping to spread the love.

DIE LIVING brother.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Great vid...voted and posted to my facebook page for more votes. DIE LIVING indeed brother.
    x3......

Voted! Sweet vid Andy! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    Take that, Lara Rosenbaum!
    Easy, Schnappi!
    I'm just a girl with a big heart. And I'd still rock the Ultimate Gig. (I'm a writer, too.)
    Andy seems amazing, for sure, but you can vote for me as well!
    And then come ski with me. It will be awesome.

http://howdoyoumountain.com/your-mountain/1/most_voted

andy is up to 9,270 views!!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by lararosey View Post
    Easy, Schnappi!
    I'm just a girl with a big heart. And I'd still rock the Ultimate Gig. (I'm a writer, too.)

hi Jongette let me be the 1st to welcome you
    Spam as your first post is ussually frowned upon
    But naked pictures aren't.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Just wanted to remind people that although Andy is kicking ass in votes and views, you could always clear your cookies and vote again. Worked on my home comp. Can't hurt!

Also to those interested in DIE LIVING APPARREL to give andy some extra spending cash, I've been in touch with the shirt printer and he is having trouble with his new servers or some electronic bug so we're trying to get his stuff on Ebay with a "buy it now" option. So don't forget about that, peeps. I'll let you know when it's all set of course. btw, I'm wearing my DL13 hoodie right now and lemme tell ya, it is still in great shape with over a year of abuse. Money well spent on many levels!

Andy, so psyched you're kicking ass in this contest. If you find yourself needing a wingman out there, I might be able to lend a hand. I hear those Park City cougars are a voracious bunch.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by lararosey View Post
    Easy, Schnappi!

When you say "big heart", do you mean that you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Because that could be dangerous for the winner of the ultimate gig. It's a leading cause of sudden death in athletes.

But if you mean that your just a big old carebear on ballet skis, I think the winner needs to be a bit more dispassionate.

I hope you beat the ultimate gigster guy though.

So, do you ever bust out the ballet poles and do some cool low altitude flippy-spinny stuff?

just wanted to say that you're the man and i hope you get the job. i voted for you over some people i actually know...

i think during your interview all you have to do is show them your numerous threads on TGR with all the responses they generate. you probably already have more people following your adventures online than any other candidate would acquire after they were given this gig. i can't imagine another non-celeb candidate generating as much attention for the resort as you would.

DoWork- def interested in seeing what you come up with. thx

Andy Campbell:

[X]Mag following (pretty much all skiers and snowboarders, spend high percentage of income on snow sports)

[X]Gadget fan following- ie Gizmodo (some skiers and snowboarders, probably higher income levels, some less serious types looking for a place to ski on vaca)

[ ] Uses a leaf blower in his video

[X] Inspires people who may not otherwise ski take up adaptive skiing, would give the Canyons a very good name in the adaptive world

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Andy, so psyched you're kicking ass in this contest. If you find yourself needing a wingman out there, I might be able to lend a hand. I hear that Lara Rosenbaum is a voracious one.
    FIFY

(I vote they split the gig between the two of them and let them "share" the accommodations)

When you say "big heart", do you mean that you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Because that could be dangerous for the winner of the ultimate gig. It's a leading cause of sudden death in athletes.

But if you mean that your just a big old carebear on ballet skis, I think the winner needs to be a bit more dispassionate.

So, do you ever bust out the ballet poles and do some cool low altitude flippy-spinny stuff?
    Ha. No, my heart is just fine.
    And not the care-bear type. I honestly just like to push limits, go for adventure, live how I want to and help others do the same. (So many people get stuck in the rat race and don't go for their dreams—held prisoner by their own pre-set limitations.) So you can say I'm cheesy, whatever.
    And not really re: the acro stunts. Sometimes I break the gear out for fun—it seems to make people smile these days since it's so old-school. But mainly it's been freeriding for me since I retired from the Team. I thought about getting into skicross, actually. If I didn't get into freestyle, I would have been a downhiller (barring the size issue, right). I love it.
    Last edited by lararosey; 11-19-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Hey Lara, welcome to TGR. I can guarantee that

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    naked pictures
    will get you a crap load of votes from here in return. I showed a nipple once and got a ski sponsorship!

It looks like he's been disqualified for rigging votes. His video is still up though so idk, but if he has it means Lara must be in second place, congrats!

[ ] Uses a leaf blower in his video
    Haha, yeah that guy. The twitters say he's disqualified ---> http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23ultimatemountaingig

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Also to those interested in DIE LIVING APPARREL to give andy some extra spending cash, I've been in touch with the shirt printer and he is having trouble with his new servers or some electronic bug so we're trying to get his stuff on Ebay with a "buy it now" option.
    FKNA! Let's sort something out. IF I do get the gig then the 40k is going to charity and I'll still need to eat. Plus IF I do get the gig there'll be load more exposure and hopefully people wanting die living stuff, would be cool to have something ready for them to order and use it as another way to get more funds for adaptive programs.

I have a great hosting account at Media Temple, can we set thing up on there?
    Last edited by SitSki13; 11-19-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: I only ever seem to check spelling AFTER hitting 'publish'.

Hey Andy - you ever find somebody to help you ski BASE with your sit ski?