Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kinco ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have the 901's but the 101HK and 90HK look interesting if you're looking for something more dextrous. no cuffs though.
    On the 900--is that biner UIAA approved?
    Yeah, I used the biner to rap from a tree that I was hung up on 'cause I came up short on my sick switch triple rodeo Japan.

The 90HK are pretty good and the 101HK seem to run small. There is a little crimp in the cuff, but snow can get in easily.

I use the 1927's mostly because they breathe so well. I also use the 94HK and 901's. I have others also...too many Kincos and not enough hands.

These new ones will be nice for me because of the leash. I won't pull the kook move and knock my pole over and fill my glove with snow.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    New Kinco 900max. Revivex, leash, and a bottle opener for a nice touch! Just like the 90,1 but I think more dexterity. Stoke!
    I can see these making their way into my grotesquely overpopulated glove quiver.
    watch out for snakes

Breathable mitts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Breathable mitts.
    Source? I just ordered some for the kids (adult smalls) and they were $30 friggin bucks on amazon. I'll happily return them if I can find them for cheaper. Remember when Kincos used to be $12? I'm old, I get it......

Breathable mitts.
    I bought the all pigskin version last spring when they went on sale. I have only used the full pig glove up until now, but my hands are getting cold on frigid days on lifts. I prefer being able to waterproof the entire surface with keep my hands dryer as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    II have only used the full pig glove up until now, but my hands are getting cold on frigid days on lifts.
    If you want to look 'core, it's the price you pay.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

For driving and running errands around town, the #1787 Frost Breakers are great. Nice grippy palm and fingers. $8 at my local hardware store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50244E64-1F9B-40A9-A3E3-57524132A37B.jpeg 
Views:	190 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	345305  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    For driving and running errands around town, the #1787 Frost Breakers are great. Nice grippy palm and fingers. $8 at my local hardware store.
    They look dexterous as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    They look dexterous as fuck.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I bought the all pigskin version last spring when they went on sale. I have only used the full pig glove up until now, but my hands are getting cold on frigid days on lifts. I prefer being able to waterproof the entire surface with keep my hands dryer as a result.
    Quiver bro. I have full leather glove and mitt. The mitts get too hot from sweat, so breathable is key. Gore-tex if its snowing or wet is a concern. You still wearing your Fonzi leather jacket doused in snow seal to stay dry?

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Source? I just ordered some for the kids (adult smalls) and they were $30 friggin bucks on amazon. I'll happily return them if I can find them for cheaper. Remember when Kincos used to be $12? I'm old, I get it......
    Dealer cost is $10.32. Cost more to ship than to buy.

Kinco ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    This style of glove has become my go to. I’m not particular about brand and generally use what my local hardware store carries. I usually go through 5+ pairs per year at about $5/ pair. Cutting wood, building, sugaring work, bc skiing and whatever else needs to be done, they do the job. For real dexterous work I’ll add some hand warmers, and for the extreme cold I’ll pair them with some latex gloves to keep my hands dry and then throw on some heavy leather mitts for the trifecta of warmth.

These are the only gloves I have found that stand up to putting on climbing skins hundreds of times per season. I typically wear them when climbing and then switch to my free the powder gloves or mercury mitts for the down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quiver bro. I have full leather glove and mitt. The mitts get too hot from sweat, so breathable is key. Gore-tex if its snowing or wet is a concern. You still wearing your Fonzi leather jacket doused in snow seal to stay dry?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Kincos are meh. FTP FTMFW.
    Word. The Kincos are just one of the many choices including FTP, Merc Mitts, etc.

I’ve given up the biker jacket, but the Johnson Woolen is a go to for Spring.

Name:  IMG_3575.JPG
Views: 790
Size:  225.2 KB

I didn’t like the first gen FTP I got and I’m too set in my ways to be bothered with buying anything new. I like Kincos
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I didn’t like the first gen FTP I got and I’m too set in my ways to be bothered with buying anything new. I like Kincos
    Not even the same now as first gen.

I've got some blems I've used for 3 years that are for ski duty, but Kinks are car/town/shoveling duty.

Not even the same now as first gen.
    yeah but why bother?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The classic skidog look, glasses and helmet, no, just no.
    Dick Punches
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah, I have the FTP mtn bike and spring glove. I like them both.

I don't know if it's my pinched neck nerves or just old, but my hands are a pia. They get too hot then too cold. Temp regulation is a constant battle for me.

FTP don’t go with my Ski Town All Star hat and beacon sling.

I've got some kinco gloves, but had to get the flylow version of the mitts since the kinco ones (at least just straight up leather version) have individual finger slots inside the mitten which just defeats the purpose of a mitten and is a huge pet peeve of mine. Most mittens online dont even specify if they are true mittens vs "glove in a mitten"

How do the current FTP globes compare quality wise to Hestra?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    How do the current FTP globes compare quality wise to Hestra?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Every bit the quality. My Spring/BC glove is just as dexterous. My RX3 PRO’s are pretty close in dexterity and of similar quality. For a fraction of the price, even more so with a code, it is a no brainer for me, plus maggot owned and their CS is on point. I’ll be ordering another pair or BC gloves since I wear my original Spring gloves all the time for other duties and they are pretty beat and dirty. My hands run warm so I ski the BC glove 90% of the time.