Page 41 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    A friend paid $200/seat. Was it worth that?
    Yeah, I had a good time - buddy bought tickets, and I paid for dinner, beers, parking and drove. Probably $150-200 out of pocket

Saw QOTSA with Royal Blood at Red Rocks Tuesday. Thanks to good friend, we were front row...ears still ringing. First off, I was stoked to see Royal Blood. But I gotta say I was still blown the fuck away. They were freaking amazing. If you get a chance, see these guys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royalblood111017.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	213754
    QOTSA sound was a little distorted from my vantage, but they put on a great show. Josh had a little difficulty in talking in between sets in which he claimed "mushrooms are a helluva drug". He def seemed a little high, but they killed it when it was go time.
    tldr: One of my top Red Rocks shows ever. So good.

Name:	QOTSA101017a.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	213755

Name:	QOTSA111017b.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	213756

There's a whole different show going on in those front rows. Nice.

Indeed there is. I could get used to it if I had the means.

Saw QOTSA and Royal Blood at the Great Salt Air. Kinda shitty venue, great show. I came in with no prior knowledge of Royal Blood, left very impressed. Josh & company slayed it, as usual. No mushrooms AFAICT.
    Montani Semper Liberi

We went to see Evanescence play their new Synthesis Live concert on Sunday up in LA. The Greek Theater was a great venue for the orchestra they had playing with them. If your going to see them, you can skip the first 20-30 minutes of the show and not miss anything, as that was the orchestra playing music I did not recognize.

Once the band rolled out it was interesting to watch them take a seat with the orchestra members and Amy at the piano in a gorgeous gown. My wife really enjoyed the show as she is much more cultured than I. For me, the rock version of the concert would have been more satisfying, but I could see this was something Amy had really wanted to do forever, so if her band mates could deal with it, well then so could I.

I must confess the lady brought tears to my eyes a few times, as her voice and passion for some of her songs really moved me. If you occasionally like classical music (I do) and are a fan of the band, you should go to the show. It was the first time I saw them and I was very impressed with Amy Lee. Hopefully I can see them down the road and the rest of the band will get to shine also.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Saw Arcade Fire at Key Arena on Sunday. I wasn't sure what to expect as the album cuts of their music aren't super rockin and really isn't full of technical flash. I mean I really like them and all but their albums aren't ones you put on in your car and rock out to with the windows down if you know what I mean. They are a whole different beast live though and they most certainly rock. Fantastic show. They played in the round on what was essentially a boxing ring and frequently switched the side they were facing and even the instruments they were playing. I have a whole new level of respect for Régine Chassagne. I mean, let's face it, that woman is really goofy. Goofy voice, goofy look but she absolutely owns it whether it was playing the keys, accordion, drums, water filled bottles, dancing in the audience or jumping around on stage swinging ribbons about.

"Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Red Hot Chili Peppers tomorrow in Glendale! Super Stoked!!!!!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Red Hot Chili Peppers tomorrow in Glendale! Super Stoked!!!!!
    Saw them in DSM a while back. Good music but the shortish set left me feeling a little underwhelmed. They haven't lost a step though. Look good and sound good.

Panic pit tickets this Saturday in Milwoookie! Stubhub scalping aholes are selling them for $$$ dollars plus. Wife and I both scored a pair before they sold out and sold the extras at cost to some wookie friends. Getting a little out of control at the Riverside compared to what it used to be. Still stoked to have scored pit since normally you have to get there 9 hours before the show starts and fight through crowds of people that care more than I do to get close so we end up in the back.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Saw The War on Drugs last night in St Paul -- really really good.

^^ I've heard nothing but great things about this tour

Name:	IMG_0562.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	721.4 KB 
ID:	214168

RHCP. 10/18/17. Glendale, AZ
    By my watch, their set lasted 125 minutes, and they fucking killed it. Friend of ours hooked us up with VIP passes, so after the show we met Chad, Josh, and Anthony. Totally surreal........
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Mastodon.. saw them in SF then in Montreal. Latter concert was much better

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant TGR Forums

Just got turned on the WOD recently. Really liking em, will have to keep an eye out for tour.

Edit: Nevermind, just played on the 15th. Wasn't paying attention.

By my watch, their set lasted 125 minutes, and they fucking killed it. Friend of ours hooked us up with VIP passes, so after the show we met Chad, Josh, and Anthony. Totally surreal........
    WTF?... I got to get better friends.

That must have been awesome! Did you get an autographed sock?

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    WTF?... I got to get better friends.

That must have been awesome! Did you get an autographed sock?
    LOL.......No, when we went in, the heavies at the door told us no pics and no autographs....They were all totally humble and chill. It was amazing, Mrs Seano was hyperventilating......
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Saw them in DSM a while back. Good music but the shortish set left me feeling a little underwhelmed. They haven't lost a step though. Look good and sound good.

Panic pit tickets this Saturday in Milwoookie! Stubhub scalping aholes are selling them for $$$ dollars plus. Wife and I both scored a pair before they sold out and sold the extras at cost to some wookie friends. Getting a little out of control at the Riverside compared to what it used to be. Still stoked to have scored pit since normally you have to get there 9 hours before the show starts and fight through crowds of people that care more than I do to get close so we end up in the back.

Got Panic tickets for the same night, looking forward to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Got Panic tickets for the same night, looking forward to the show.
    Cool. I still have your digits. Maybe we can almost meet up again this year. I think they have a beer garden set up outside.

Nice! I caught them in Boston and it was a great show as well. Played Sir Psycho Sexy and some other oldies which was nice!
    A local women here grew up in CA and hung out with them a bit in the 80's. She said it is funny looking back...they were bat shit crazy, but normal guys.

Shitty weather made us abort our camping trip, so we caught a cheap flight to Vegas for some shows.

Saw Run The Jewels on 10/20. Awesome show - you can tell those guys just have a good time doing what they do. Wasn't super long (maybe 80 minutes or so?) but they made good use of it. Cuz Lightyear and Denzel Curry opened. Lightyear was quick (~25 minutes), but definitely knows how to work the crowd. Curry brought a lot of energy, but he's not really my cup of tea. I also wasn't that into the venue. Brooklyn Bowl is a bar / bowling alley / concert venue. In front of the stage is kind of down in a pit, which makes the acoustics less than ideal. In particular, the openers struggled to keep the subs from drowning out their vocals. RTJ was a bit more dialed, but acoustic issues aside, they put on an awesome show.

Saw Elton John the next night. Figured we should catch that one before he hangs it up for good. We were up in the nose bleeds, in the "cheap" seats. Still sounded great, and the man can still work the piano. Played most of the classics. Ended with Circle of Life, which I was a bit bummed about since I give zero shits about the Lion King. But the audience was mostly comprised of 55 year old cougars, which seems to be the core demographic for that song.

Oh fuck yeah! Awesome. Damn, last time I saw them was like 2 or 3 albums ago.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Shitty weather made us abort our camping trip, so we caught a cheap flight to Vegas for some shows.

Saw Run The Jewels on 10/20. Awesome show - you can tell those guys just have a good time doing what they do. Wasn't super long (maybe 80 minutes or so?) but they made good use of it. Cuz Lightyear and Denzel Curry opened. Lightyear was quick (~25 minutes), but definitely knows how to work the crowd. Curry brought a lot of energy, but he's not really my cup of tea. I also wasn't that into the venue. Brooklyn Bowl is a bar / bowling alley / concert venue. In front of the stage is kind of down in a pit, which makes the acoustics less than ideal. In particular, the openers struggled to keep the subs from drowning out their vocals. RTJ was a bit more dialed, but acoustic issues aside, they put on an awesome show.

Saw Elton John the next night. Figured we should catch that one before he hangs it up for good. We were up in the nose bleeds, in the "cheap" seats. Still sounded great, and the man can still work the piano. Played most of the classics. Ended with Circle of Life, which I was a bit bummed about since I give zero shits about the Lion King. But the audience was mostly comprised of 55 year old cougars, which seems to be the core demographic for that song.
    Good call on the RTJ, eh? My wife's been hitting me up to go see an RTJ show. Figures they'd rock it, the stuff I've heard is pretty solid. Glad you got to see Elton. I'm not some huge fan but I like most of the hits (also kind of agree on Lion King). I went to a show in Indy about 10 years ago and it was great. And, IIRC, he played the fucking hits. He came to this town, er, city (Wuerzburg), that I lived in in Germany and did a show in the outdoor gardens. I missed that show and later regretted it. Glad I finally caught him in Indy.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

A couple of cell shots from last night's John McLaughlin Jimmy Herring show. If you have a chance to go, GO! A set a piece with each individual band then a combined band set of Mahavishnu Orchestra material. John is still incredibly sharp at 75 and Jimmy has taken his playing to another level.

Last edited by FussyDutchman; 11-03-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Name:	IMG_20171104_184314725.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	215296

Excellent show tonight.
    No pictures from inside, cause that would be douchey, yeah?
    Would have loved to hear more tunes that I'm familiar with, but stellar setlist just the same. Strong solid opening, kicked ass from beat one.
    Suzie can sure hold her own on that Les Paul of hers, at least 3 solid solos that I counted.
    And Derek... fuck me sideways if you don't know, you best figure it out. Best 12 piece in town. I'd follow like the dead days of yesterday.

^^ nice shots Dutchman! Bet it was killer....

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    A couple of cell shots from last night's John McLaughlin Jimmy Herring show. If you have a chance to go, GO! A set a piece with each individual band then a combined band set of Mahavishnu Orchestra material. John is still incredibly sharp at 75 and Jimmy has taken his playing to another level.

I posted the youtube link for the Capitol Theater show in a new thread. Absolutely awesome show! I'm jealous you got to go