Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2013
    ^

Great timing, was just watching some of it and was going to add it to my post, thanks! John definitely leaned on Jimmy a few times to catch his place but at 75 to still have chops like that is insane to me. Both bands are amazing and Jason absolutely crushed the Jerry Goodman role. Several times I saw John turn to look at him with a huge smile and once with a thumbs up. Was well worth the 3hr drive each way and there are very few shows I would do that for at this point.

Fuck yeah

Not to hijack, but, hijacking... the only concert I ever walked out of was a solo gig by John McLaughlin at Berklee.

He kept stopping and cursing, claiming he couldn't play with this or that shit the way it was set up. The room was great, and I can't imagine who had graced that stage.

Going in, I was a huge fan from his earlier works, but after that, I saw his true colors and basically think the guy can f himself.

Now, Herring on the other hand, no matter who he plays with or where, that guy just fucking rips and is always in a great mood (or so it appears).

Back to [great] concerts.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^

Interesting, clearly a bad day but I've seen it happen many times as unprofessional as it is, especially at a solo show. Saw Jerry walk off stage in the middle of songs many a time, watched Buddy Guy kick his monitor and storm off and Fripp play an entire show with his back to the crowd...that might just be because he's a bit of a freak but same difference imo.

Yeah I saw Stephen Stills have a rotten night at a 250 person show in Steamboat many years ago. He had a bullet stuck in the strings of his guitar up by the tuning knobs and kept snorting mini blo hits then he'd look at his watch. Exactly one hour in he unplugged the guitar and walked off the back of the stage, kicked the fire door open and left. The band was still playing until he stomped out and they just trailed off and were like 'sorry folks guess we're done.'

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah I saw Stephen Stills have a rotten night at a 250 person show in Steamboat many years ago. He had a bullet stuck in the strings of his guitar up by the tuning knobs and kept snorting mini blo hits then he'd look at his watch. Exactly one hour in he unplugged the guitar and walked off the back of the stage, kicked the fire door open and left. The band was still playing until he stomped out and they just trailed off and were like 'sorry folks guess we're done.'
    Wow! That's unfortunate. Rock stars go through some shit. Just saw Graham Nash a few weeks ago and he A-gamed it. It was good! He's no spring chicken either...obviously

The CONCERT thread

Always brought his A-game. When I caught CSN on Boston Common back in the 80's. He owned it all night. Huge up's to Graham Nash.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Saw LCD Soundsystem at SF Civic last night. They were fantastic. Crowd was happy and pumped. Highly recommend seeing them.

Lukas Nelson is a rock star, holy shit I was impressed with him last night

Lukas and his band are the goods!

Opening act, Nikki Lane, joined POTR for the closing few numbers in Rutland last night.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^

and Fripp play an entire show with his back to the crowd...that might just be because he's a bit of a freak but same difference imo.
    Miles did the same thing when I saw him-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Did anyone see Flying Lotus in 3D when he passed thru Denver? His SLC show got canceled due to bad roads over Loveland Pass. Super bummed.

They weren't cheap, but 33 songs & nearly 3 1/2 hours of Guns n Roses in Oakland last night was FKNA awesome!
    Slash brought his A game and Axl was about as good as could be expected for a 55 yo who sings the way did did/does.

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Revivalists@BellyUp

The killers were good last night. It was my wife's idea, she loves them. I was pleasantly surprised, theu put on a good show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Decked out in flannel and outbound to Chicago for the Greensky Bluegrass News Years eve show at the Riviera. Brrrr....cold af here. Standing in line might be a little chilly.

Bottlerock stepping up. Better lineup than Coachella.

http://www.bottlerocknapavalley.com

Heading to Railroad Earth, at the Knotty Pine in inner city Victor Idaho. Sold out. All 300 tix. Gonna blow the roof off!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Joywave is on a tour of western states. Great live band. Don’t miss them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3usOhr_gWY

Saw Car Seat Headrest in Bozeman a few nights ago. Ok show - they mostly played songs off their new album, which isn't released yet. So I, and most of the people in the audience didn't know most of the songs they played. On one hand, it's cool to hear new stuff. On the other hand, it's kinda hard to get into it when you're hearing the songs for the first time, particularly with a band like CSH. The crowd definitely livened up every time they played one of their older songs.

Opener was Naked Giants. Never heard of them before, but they killed it. Super entertaining, straightforward rock.

If you like Symphonic Metal, then this is a band you want to see. See you in Anaheim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIsbXJ81SK0

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  112.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen were fantastic last night, in Idaho Falls of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen were fantastic last night, in Idaho Falls of all places.
    They're coming to our local theater Sunday. I'll be out of town. So bummed.

Drive-by Truckers Thursday in SF. Really looking forward to this one.

Saw Joywave in SF last night. Also Sasha Sloan.

Coming to your city

https://youtu.be/N8j8n_zi2xs