Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2012
    Saw Interpol last week. Their venue was downgraded a couple weeks out and there were still tickets left at show time. I expected a half assed performance but got the complete opposite. Really good show.

Dr Dog and Shakey Graves co-headlined last night. I’ve seen Dr Dog a few times. So damn good, and they seem to get better with each show. If you have the chance to see them, do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5472.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	293917

Shakey was good. He’s solid, but his music is slower and he talks a lot. Didn’t fit too well with the in-your-face wall of booty shaking music DD delivers. Would have been better if he had gone first probably.

Name:	IMG_5477.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	293918

Nathaniel Raitliff next Wednesday or Umphrees on Friday? Wife says I gotta pick one.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Nathaniel Raitliff next Wednesday or Umphrees on Friday? Wife says I gotta pick one.[/QUOTE]

Just picked off Nat and the Nightsweats at Red Rocks last month - much better "date night" than UM if you and the wife enjoy soul boogie over jam groovin

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Saw Interpol last week. Their venue was downgraded a couple weeks out and there were still tickets left at show time. I expected a half assed performance but got the complete opposite. Really good show.

Dr Dog and Shakey Graves co-headlined last night. I’ve seen Dr Dog a few times. So damn good, and they seem to get better with each show. If you have the chance to see them, do it.

Name:	IMG_5472.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	293917

Shakey was good. He’s solid, but his music is slower and he talks a lot. Didn’t fit too well with the in-your-face wall of booty shaking music DD delivers. Would have been better if he had gone first probably.

Name:	IMG_5477.JPG 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	293918

Nathaniel Raitliff next Wednesday or Umphrees on Friday? Wife says I gotta pick one.
    Are psychedelics going to be involved?

If so UmphreesMuhhhhGeeeeee!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	533.2 KB 
ID:	293986
    Deerhunter were awesome last night, very loud

Local band LAZERKAAT under the bridge.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Old crow medicine show tix on sale tomorrow @ 10 for 11/14 town hall nyc

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Tab Benoit at a little venue that seats maybe 350 max Friday night. I'm thinking it could be good.

edit: fuck that it's gonna be great
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    It is. Have fun, man
    Attachment 290672

Tab Benoit last night. Such a good show. Rockin' bluesy blue-eyed soul is about as close as I can come to description. He was in a great mood, bantering all night with the crowd, asking for requests...everybody was yelling out songs and after it went on for a while I yelled "Free Bird!" as a joke but he picked up on it, saying he'd never play that song, he's been to too many Cajun weddings where it got played by the groom and the bride's family didn't like it and people were, "Fightin', tryin' to get traction on the VFW floor in their rented tuxedo shoes, in the beer and cake batter on the floor, bustin' out their own teeth tryin' to get at somebody else..." it was pretty hilarious.

The opener was this guy Eric Johanson. Tab played drums for him (he's a really good drummer) and Tab's bass player played bass. Wow. Great on the guitar, he's another Louisiana guy, tons of soul, great voice too. You'll hear about that guy at some point. Here's a video I found of him from last year with Tab on drums and the same bass player (sorry i don't know his name).

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    word on friends' social media was that Tab's show was all-time.
    He killed it. Mixed in some covers like Los Lobos' "Loaded" and a sweet version Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine" along with a bunch of originals, it was really good. When he ripped a string off his guitar that wouldn't stay tuned mid-song and didn't miss a beat, that was a moment. Great show and I love the venue, the Narrows Center is cool.

Also can't say enough about the set by Eric Johanson. Great night all-around.

I'd love to see Anders and Tab together, that would be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    I'm seeing Tab Benoit Tuesday night. Been listening to Colour Haze on spotify today. I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Tab was great last night. Loved Eric Johanson as well.

Nice. The Johanson kid can play, no?
    Great show. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190919_202708.jpeg 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	294686

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

King Crimson at Radio City last night, absolutely fantastic show! The 3 drummer lineup seems like overkill on paper, until you hear them play together, powerful and then some. Fripp and Levin (each 73yrs young) still have elite musician chops and the 2 sets covered the full catalog from 69 to present. Belew's replacement Jakko Jakszyk is no slouch on guitar (he's no Adrian to be clear) and has a much better voice imo.

saw The National Reserve & Brent Cobb @ Bowery Ballroom. What a fkn night! Go see both bands if you can.

just bought tickets to the Milk Carton Kids.
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    King Crimson at Radio City last night, absolutely fantastic show! The 3 drummer lineup seems like overkill on paper, until you hear them play together, powerful and then some. Fripp and Levin (each 73yrs young) still have elite musician chops and the 2 sets covered the full catalog from 69 to present. Belew's replacement Jakko Jakszyk is no slouch on guitar (he's no Adrian to be clear) and has a much better voice imo.
    The three drummer lineup is powerful and well done

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger King View Post
    saw The National Reserve & Brent Cobb @ Bowery Ballroom. What a fkn night! Go see both bands if you can.

just bought tickets to the Milk Carton Kids.
    Brent Cobb is for real, his guitarist is dope

Jason Isbell weekend before last, Lucinda Williams last. Both at Cap.
    Both great shows.
    Fuckers just switched to Ticket master so may be my last show there, which sucks.

Wilco @ Radio City in a few weeks.

Crosspost in punk thread...
    Rancid and Pennywise last night with legends English Beat and fun crossover band Iron Reagan.
    Attachment 295788
    Attachment 295789

Name:	TnZEnpLQTwSZewfFAoVsrQ.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	853.6 KB 
ID:	295790

Went to see Tedeschi Trucks last Friday & Saturday at the Beacon. One night is better than the next.

Junior Mack came out for a guest spot on Saturday night. first time hearing him and loved it.

Going back to see TTB tomorrow & Friday night @ Beacon. Excited to see Jon Mooreland open tomorrow night.
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Brent Cobb is for real, his guitarist is dope

Jason Isbell weekend before last, Lucinda Williams last. Both at Cap.
    Both great shows.
    Fuckers just switched to Ticket master so may be my last show there, which sucks.

Wilco @ Radio City in a few weeks.
    i agree that the thing about ticketmaster/cap sucks. hoping it doesn't get too out of control cause i fknA love that venue
    I ski the east.

Going back to see TTB tomorrow & Friday night @ Beacon. Excited to see Jon Mooreland open tomorrow night.
    Enjoy. Love that guy but he has become like my recent white whale ( not in regard to his weight!) I just cant see him, going on 5 tears now. Tomorrow my wife is in the city so I am home with kid, otherwise he plays Rando NJ places or a cool venue like Levon's up in Woodstock ( thought about it, it sold out before I convinced myself to drive what I would normally do for a day at Platty.)

Wish he would play Garcias, or College Streeet, Space Ballroom or any mid sized venue in Manhattan. Living in the tri state you just assume if you wait long wnough, everyone is gonna come through. His have just been bad timing or location thius far.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Enjoy. Love that guy but he has become like my recent white whale ( not in regard to his weight!) I just cant see him, going on 5 tears now. Tomorrow my wife is in the city so I am home with kid, otherwise he plays Rando NJ places or a cool venue like Levon's up in Woodstock ( thought about it, it sold out before I convinced myself to drive what I would normally do for a day at Platty.)

Wish he would play Garcias, or College Streeet, Space Ballroom or any mid sized venue in Manhattan. Living in the tri state you just assume if you wait long wnough, everyone is gonna come through. His have just been bad timing or location thius far.
    i need to see a show @ Levon's soon and yes, would be great if he played Garcia's
    I ski the east.

I got front row to John Prine this Friday night. Im pretty excited. I got them for my wifes Birthday. She said, who? lol
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I saw them last july. One of the best shows ever. Perfection in every way. I think Starless is probably the most beautiful song I ever heard live.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Went to see Tedeschi Trucks last Friday & Saturday at the Beacon. One night is better than the next.

Junior Mack came out for a guest spot on Saturday night. first time hearing him and loved it.

https://archive.org/details/ttb2019-10-01.mk41v.edtyre

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    thank you...wish I would have gone as I love Amy Helm.

Last night was incredible again. Every night just seems to be! Krasno, D-Vibes (formerly of MKB), Robert Randolph Jr did guest spots.

Was psyched to finally get to catch John Mooreland. Really enjoyed him.

Can't wait to party tomorrow night again for my last night of the run.
    I ski the east.

Terrible video of a great house concert at my friend's place last weekend - Grant Farm out of Boulder played a terrific show.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Terrible video of a great house concert at my friend's place last weekend - Grant Farm out of Boulder played a terrific show.
    Those guys are fkn legit, great music and energy, they are the real deal. They played Targhee last spring and blew the roof off.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Those guys are fkn legit, great music and energy, they are the real deal. They played Targhee last spring and blew the roof off.
    They were in these parts last Spring and I got to see them back then as well. They play a lot of music styles and really do them all justice.

The Magic Beans. Loved these guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191003_225451.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	296473  
    Last edited by Goniff; 10-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.

They are great. So much fun.