Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    saw method man + redman and cypress hill last weekend. i think i'm just about recovered. really impressed by both, really pumped up the crowd, but method man + redman was off. the. hook. completely. highly recommended (pun intended).

A-mazing show! Big Business was just as good at the Melvins. Probably because there is cross-over membership between them. Just the drumming alone was incredible. Two drummer setup during the Melvins set.

If they come within 500 miles of you i suggest to GO!

Big Business

Melvins (lite)

Saw Killing Joke over the weekend; met Jaz Coleman after the show. Surprisingly affable for a famous curmudgeon.

Public Enemy last week in Lausanne. Super awesome show!

Met Flava Flav....he didn't have change for nickel.

The Melvins Residency Tour, 2 shows, 5 albums in their entirety. Pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post

Well that's kinda kewl.

Saw my guys Donna The Buffalo last Saturday. always a good time.

^^^different show, just some Donna for y'all.

PSA.....MassMoca in N Adams mass, Old Crow Med Show May 28th. WILCO's Solid Sound Fest 3day event June 21. http://solidsoundfestival.com/

Public Enemy last week in Lausanne. Super awesome show!

Nice ! I saw them 2-3 yrs ago, the "Fear of a Black Planet" anniversary show backed by a full funk/rock band and the S1W's, it was awesome .

Saw Fleetwood Mac last night , they still good .

Saw Prince theatre show month or so ago , sick .

Saw Rakim , club show about 2-3 months ago , he still rocks the mic

Mudhoney was great. Too bad for the kid who dove into the floor and broke his head. Hope he recovers.

^ Looks a nice venue^

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    ^ Looks a nice venue^
    its the local club in town. not the greatest acoustics but perfect size.

the best place around is this place, Bad Bonn, a converted farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. Orange Goblin last Sat night...

Ghost bc a bit ago was a really enjoyable show. A bit disconcerting at first for someone who used to go to catholic mass when younger but altogether pretty fun. I thought they had some of the best lighting I've seen in a show

Also got to catch Boris play flood straight through with Dylan Carlson from Earth opening. Both were LOUD and most of the movement in the audience was just to grab a beer or piss, other than that people just stood still and listened

^^ really would like to see ghost bc just for the laughs. the music isn't bad either. love boris and earth too. that's a great combo. if you like that type of music (and maybe sleep) look for a band called snarf (basel switzerland). they opened for orange goblin. i took a little vid, might post it soon. unfortunately, i didn't know what i was getting into and started recording about 10 minutes into a 30 minute song. my arm got a little shaky.

saw black cobra + bison b.c. + arabrot last weekend. 20 people at most in audience. in a wine cellar. pure awesomeness.

Arabrot (noise rock/metal, really impressive, won a "Norwegian Grammy" as I am told)

Bison B.C. (must see for any metalhead, super high energy and great guys)

Black Cobra (best 2 person band i've ever seen, florida boys too)

Stoked to go see RUSH tonight in Hershey PA.
    watch out for snakes

spook Guest

The boys are better than ever! Neil played 3 solos, all off the scale. Alex played so well I could see even he was amazed and Getty still sounds and plays dam well. Went down the street to the Troegs brewery before the show which is now my new inspiration for craft beer production. And Rush fans are some of the kewlest people.

All in all a great day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130621_222709.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	138993 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130621_211515.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	138994
    watch out for snakes

Troegs + Rush = lots O' goodness.

Holy fuck. Nvr2deep bought the tickets for Tedeschi Trucks last night. Front row center in a 500 seat venue. Awesome show, they killed it.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Saw the Zac Brown Band last night at MPP. The wife is a big fan, and I went in thinking "Meh - it makes her happy. I'll live."

It was a very good concert. Motherfucker can sing his ass off, is surrounded by a very talented group of musicians, and throws in some quirky covers. He even had me enjoying "Ants Marching."

Later came an "Enter Sandman" that ripped. Closed the show with a turbocharged version of "Devil Went Down To Georgia." The fact that we were down in the Pit didn't hurt either, and surrounded by College Redneck honeys.

8 of 10 Budweisers.

the free shows in tahoe city started last sunday http://www.concertsatcommonsbeach.com/

it's a fun series and a family friendly location. we missed last sunday (trey stone - ripping local guitarist) and opted for sunday afternoon dancing at the full moon party.

Red Fang was AWESOME at the Fete de la Musique in Geneva. Free concert in the park. Vid is NSFW.

Sweet Scottyb. It was looking like they were going to add another west coast swing in the tour but now probably not. Wanted to see them one more time this year.

And Tipp, I agree. Heard a Zack Brown song flipping through the radio the other day- that guy can sing. I've like him since I saw him on Crossroads with Jimmy Buffet. Just seems like a cool guy.

Iggy Pop last night; Oslo; still stoked
    Great concert. Good sound, great set, Iggy was looking good --getting older though

^^ really would like to see ghost bc just for the laughs. the music isn't bad either. love boris and earth too. that's a great combo. if you like that type of music (and maybe sleep) look for a band called snarf (basel switzerland). they opened for orange goblin. i took a little vid, might post it soon. unfortunately, i didn't know what i was getting into and started recording about 10 minutes into a 30 minute song. my arm got a little shaky.
    Yeah the boris show was pretty much one song right into th next, with an intermission halfway through. I've never been to a small show with an intermission. There were several japanese business men in full suits at the show which was pretty awesome, looked like they just got off work and came down.

I'm planning on seeing the melvins tour in august finally!

Also saw something about a danzig with doyle tour but not sure if thats a show still worth seeing or if they will be one of those bands that lost its live appeal.