Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Got my metal on last week in SLC at the Urban Lounge. Lord Dying, Black Tusk and Red Fang. Such a rad show in a small venue, great sound.
    2nd time seeing Red Fang this year, 1st was at Larimer Lounge in Denver, also small with crisp, good sound. So good.
    saw BT + RF earlier this year. awesome combo. metalheads watch out for this tour!

Dang, would have loved to have caught Rush, just wasn't in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    saw BT + RF earlier this year. awesome combo. metalheads watch out for this tour!
    Nice. The Sword is playing on Dec 5th at the same spot, will probably be checking it out.

Was at the Rush show as well, pig.

Don't worry TomCrac. I'm thinking they'll come back through in the summer...

P.O.D next Friday. Not a huDge fan, but they're playing down the street at a small club and my buddy gets me in free, so WTH.

Saw Citizen Cope in DC a week or so ago, it was the last show of a long tour, good show, he was into it and the crowd was down. His wife/girlfriend/whatever (they have a kid together) Alice Smith opened, that girl is sexy and the pipes on her! Whoa.

This is from that show, kinda crappy video (not mine) but it gives you a taste.

went to Ogden this weekend in Denver... friggin mistake to try to get through town with parade of lights going down but made it.

and sorry for the shitty blackberry pics

The Congress (opened)
    http://thecongressmusic.com/
    From Denver and never seen before... really enjoyed the set. Looks like they will be in Avon and Steamboat this December... check em out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00572-20121201-2106.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	127054

and for the main event

moe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00576-20121202-0102.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	127055
    after seeing quite a few moe. shows... FINALLY got to see plane crash live...

I saw Punch Brothers in Chicago on Thursday. Go see them if you have a chance. They kill it live.

Saw Macklemore a couple weeks ago, beast show, saw Yelawolf in October, and then this summer saw Five Finger Death Punch, Trivium, Killswitch Engage and more. Was front row for that last show, soooooo awesome. Ive been to many others, but that was just this year.

Vegas, baby. Black Keys tonight then back to SLC in the AM. Will report back.

^^Still trying to put the pieces back together? .... Sounds like the making for a good one.

So.

As usual, the Black Keys kicked ass, off and on (at times they sound like the best band in the world, at other times I hate them, often within the same song), odd.

Hard to explain that band. But the show was (mostly) good.They played right through New Years, which was odd, but then had their own New Years like two minutes later.

I bet some video shows up on youtube soon, if I see it Ill post it.

Jane's Addiction kicked serious ass last Friday at the 930 Club. GREAT show.
    Underground
    Mountain Song
    Just Because
    Been Caught Stealing
    Ted, Just Admit It...
    Ain't No Right
    Irresistible Force
    Up the Beach
    Whores
    Three Days
    Ocean Size
    Stop!

Encore:
    Jane Says
    Chip Away(acoustic)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

As usual, the Black Keys kicked ass, off and on (at times they sound like the best band in the world, at other times I hate them, often within the same song), odd.
    Feel the same the last couple years.
    I think its due to the addition of the other two or three randoms playing bass, keys, or whatever. Progress, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BraddA View Post
    Feel the same the last couple years.
    I think its due to the addition of the other two or three randoms playing bass, keys, or whatever. Progress, huh?
    Lots of internal strife in the band. Surprised they are still playing together.

Last month at the Volkshaus in Zuri:

First Aid Kit, a pair of Swedish sisters with some nice harmonizing. They put on a nice show with just a guitar and their voices. Check them out if they come to town. A bit monotonous if you listen to them for too long but excellent in small doses.

here's a good version of something that they performed for Paul Simon a few months back:

^^they opened for Conor Oberst who could be completely strung out and still put on a good show.

The dude on the vibes and other accompanying instruments was stellar.

Last week at the Bellevue--Anna Kaenzig:

kind of a folky string of concerts followed up by Alien Folk music last night in Basel with Sigur Ros.

First time seeing them for me. Cool audio-visual performance. They are on a big worldwide tour and should be somewhere near you in the next few months.

WILCO at their Solid Sound festival again this year in June. Big line up for three days in the northwest corner of Massachusettes. An amazing weekend of music/art/comedy. Tix going fast. Do It, Trust me.

Pennywise @ The Knitting Factory Reno 2/28
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Last weekend, in Berlin; Horst With No Name. At the Bassy Cowboy Club. Pretty good.

Then the next day, at the Wild at Heart; P.O.X. German psychobilly, or psycho-OI! as my buddy coined it. Weird, interesting crowd though.

Steve Kimock tonight in DC. Cool newish venue I hadn't been to before, "The Hamilton Live", sucky name but nice place. Kimock's great and with him is Bernie Worrel. So, Funky Kimoc. Worrel sang the Talking Heads song "Home" I guess because of his connection to it (he played synyh on Speaking In Tongues and on the Stop Making Sense tour/movie/album), and let me tell you brothers, that cat can NOT sing. Good keyboard player though. Bigtime funky (he was the original keys player for P-Funk) when he wanted to be, but also melodic and tuneful at other times. Kimock is crazy, that guy can play anything. And sound like anybody. He's got Jerry cold, just throws a few bars into tunes a few times and you'd swear...

All in all an enjoyable evening of structured jazzy jamming if that makes sense. They jammed but they had a fixed setlist and they had their points to hit in the songs, it wasn't just free-form. They're going to Japan now but come back and play some dates in Cali in April, worth seeing if you can.

Kimock (SK&F and Zero) was the soundtrack to my high school/college take one experience. I miss Meester.

I have an old photo of Steve from Portland or Eugene 1997 on my fridge.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Steve Kimock tonight in DC. Cool newish venue I hadn't been to before, "The Hamilton Live", sucky name but nice place. Kimock's great and with him is Bernie Worrel. So, Funky Kimoc. Worrel sang the Talking Heads song "Home" wanted to be, but also melodic and tuneful at other times.

I believe the song you're referencing is called "This Must Be the Place"(Naive melody).
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    I believe the song you're referencing is called "This Must Be the Place"(Naive melody).
    Absolutely. My bad. My wife called it "Home" last night and that stuck in my head. So it's her fault, dammit! In any event, Bernie Worrell can not sing it.

One of my favorites,been playing it for over 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLVEYpkPKc
    Calmer than you dude

heh, I bought that album when it came out, so I'm a few years ahead of you on that one and still managed to get it wrong, oh well.

I guess I should've said performing instead of playing,The Heads are one of my main influences.
    Calmer than you dude