Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Pretty bummed about this...

Baroness have issued a new statement regarding their bus accident in the U.K., this one giving us more specific details than yesterday’s statement regarding which members of the band and their crew were injured, and how badly they were hurt; unfortunately, it also confirms some of the worst rumors we’d heard. The statement reads as follows:

“The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

“John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

“Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

“Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.”

Our thoughts continue to be with the band, their crew, their driver, and their friends and family. More news as it becomes available.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/16...-bus-accident/

Saw Anders Osborne at the Iron Horse in Northampton last night. Go see him. Really excellent player. We saw him in New Orleans at Jazz Fest this year and it was great, but in a small club was much better.

Phish last night was pretty solid. First show I had ever been to and didn't know what to expect. But they can really play.

Rush tonight at Jiffy Lube in Bristow VA! WOOT!
    watch out for snakes

we saw Bob Dylan last Friday night. Great band, the singing? well.... the songs were recognizable which is not always the case.

Missed Tommy Emmanuel Last night goddamnit. heard it was awesome.

Was contemplating heading down to Sac for Anthrax, Testament & Death Angel tomorrow night but might not be such a good idea with my bruised ribs.
    Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for Buckethead in Reno!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

saw Umphrey's McGee and RailRoad Earth last friday night at Red Rocks... they killed with this cover of Kashmir...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=EvaDVavF0X4#!

After a quiet last few months concert wise...here are the tickets I have in hand:

Peter Gabriel in Montreal tonight : row G. Stoked.

Friday: David Byrne & St. Vincent in Montreal. Show in a church where I saw Patti Smith a few years back.

October:

Public Image Limited in Montreal. Never saw Johnny.

November:

Half of the Who in Ottawa. I've seen them a few times over the last 30 years.

Same week in Ottawa: Neil Young with Patti Smith opening. Seen them both a number of times.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Gov't Mule HOB. SD. Low Sparks Of high heeled Boys with Karl Denson. also encore Zeps Since ive been loving you. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=558737

Tedeschi Trucks band at the Beacon Theater last night with Woodsy and our wives. Unfuckingbelievably great. Last song of the night was a cover of Sly & the Family Stone's "(I wanna take you) Higher" that rocked me to the core. What a great venue for a fantastic band - Oteil was playing Bass for them as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00146-20120921-2229.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	607.1 KB 
ID:	121097

Derek Trucks is a monster that will eat your face, and his wife Susan Tedeschi is not just hot, but can fucking belt it out and hold her own on the axe. Sure she might be easily dismissed as a Bonnie Raitt clone but she's all that and more.

Not from last night but check it: {"Higher" starts at 6:40)

Last edited by Tippster; 09-22-2012 at 09:13 PM.

^^ saw them last year at montreux jazz fest opening for santana. Blew me away. Both are hudge talents.

Calexico at the Volkshaus in Züri on Friday night. They were on fire. I was impressed with the following that they have here (a lot of Germans). They'll be around Europe for the next month or so.

Something off their latest album:

We showed up late so only made it for the last two songs of the opening act: Laura Gibson. Never heard of her before but she has a great voice and is worth checking out.

And a classic (part of) from Friday night:

Just got tix for NOFX at Denver Filmore for Dec7th.

Peter Gabriel in Boston last Monday night was bueno. Probably the eighth time I've seen him and he never disappoints.

Further tonight and tomorrow for my 40th at The Edgefield outside of portland
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

saw AC on Tuesday and it was a psychedelic treat

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Further tonight and tomorrow for my 40th at The Edgefield outside of portland
    Happy Bday! About as good as it gets to celebrate, IMO.

So last night it was K'Naan, Band of Horses, John Legend, the Black Keys, the Foo Fighters and Neil Young in Central Park. Good show all around, they kept K'N and BOH to 3 tunes each, Legend to 1 (which didn't bother me) and the Black Keys and foo fighters to an hour or so each. The Black Keys chose to play shorter versions of a bunch of songs instead of regular versions of less songs, which I would have preferred the other way around. Good though. So much feedback, at times it literally sounded like the PA was melting down. PA on the drums went out in the middle, so Patrick just started pounding the fuck out of 'em, he carried it still. Very cool.

Foo fighters, good set, but I just don't really dig those guys. Good effort though, and Grohl was going pretty nuts.

Neil, odd set. Crunching feedback on a couple of new tunes, "Walk like a Giant" (or something like that) was pretty wild, he just fucking slammed. Then an acoustic break, Cinnamon girl and a new song, then more crunch, then a big finale, "Rockin in the free world" with pretty much everybody on stage, Grohl and Dan Auerbach on guitar and singing, it was kinda funny, Neil started playing next to Grohl but you could see him wanting to head over to the other mic to play with Auerbach, then they both went off and it was good.

we were up close in the VIP area (if you don't think it's funny to be in the "Premium VIP" area of a concert to end global poverty, I can't help you), so we had a great view.

I suck at taking pics, though, this is perhaps the least horrible. All the pics from in front of the stage got killed by the spotlights. Neil stage right and on video stage left. You can see the rear hooves of the Crazy Horse logo near the center, that was a huge round video screen that was pretty cool.

Saw Jake Shimabukuro last night. Great show. If you get a chance to see him, check it out. He keeps it pretty short- maybe an hour and half- which was about right. Only so much uke you can take in one sitting. My son and daughter play the uke and were blown away and very inspired.

Took Mrs. Flounder out for her annual blue grass outing last Friday. Saw Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder. Those boys put on a great show. Lots of fun. They did a few new songs (you can't hurt ham is an awesome song), some old Bill Monroe songs, and songs from some of the band members solo CDs. All around good time.

Public Enemy this weekend, stoked

Got my metal on last week in SLC at the Urban Lounge. Lord Dying, Black Tusk and Red Fang. Such a rad show in a small venue, great sound.
    2nd time seeing Red Fang this year, 1st was at Larimer Lounge in Denver, also small with crisp, good sound. So good.

Experienced Neil and the Horse last night at MSG NYC.
    They blew the roof of of that place!!!!
    Got down there early, met some cool people.
    We were general admision floor.
    Saddled up to the front rail just a tick right of center.
    First opener was Everest who did a solid set.
    Next up was Patti Smith who I was sooo glad I got to see. Probably would never have if it wasn't for this show. She was really good.
    Then Neil & Crazy Horse came out. They played so hard and heavy at times, I was vibrating! I swear there were a few times I thought to myself " Boy, If I let go of this railing, I am going to go tumbling backwards".

Just one of those nights when everything lines up just right....

(not my pics)

^^nice! i'm not a big neil young fan but i saw him play about 10 years ago and he was incredible live. blew the roof off and all the doors and windows too.

Saw a couple shows this month.

Rush in San Jose at the Shark Tank

They played the 2nd set including most of their new CD with an 8 piece string section

Then we finished off our Thanksgiving weekend Sunday night with Alice Cooper at the Grand Sierra in Reno

Before

After

Alice & Aussie guitar whiz Orianthi
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."