Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1600
  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Any other mags going to the Green River Festival in Greenfield, MA? I'll be there on Sunday, July 14.

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,547
    Do NOT Sleep on the Tyler Childers set at that. That is a must see.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I just heard that only 300 people have bought tickets to Ghostface so far. That settles it, Ogden is lame.
    Ogden Theater is one of my Denver faves, and the only Ogden in my universe.

    Anybody been to the new Mission Ballroom? Have Highly Suspect and Raconteurs on the docket for later this summer.

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    crown of the continent
    Posts
    13,950
    Turquaz was pretty dang fun last night.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

    Patterson Hood of the DBT's

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Do NOT Sleep on the Tyler Childers set at that. That is a must see.
    he's playing in Brooklyn in December...def want to go check him out
    I ski the east.

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Anybody been to the new Mission Ballroom?
    first show is Aug 7th. TAB is the weekend after, I frigging spaced it off and booked a week long camp trip, ohh well. Hope the place lives up to the hype.

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Do NOT Sleep on the Tyler Childers set at that. That is a must see.
    Yeah, the original schedule had him playing Sunday night so that's when I bought tix. I'll have to suffer through Rhiannon Giddens instead.

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I'll have to suffer through Rhiannon Giddens instead.
    I'm in love with her.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a poop plant
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Do NOT Sleep on the Tyler Childers set at that. That is a must see.
    Tyler is the man!

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    first show is Aug 7th. TAB is the weekend after, I frigging spaced it off and booked a week long camp trip, ohh well. Hope the place lives up to the hype.
    Ah. Heard it was state-of-the-art venue, so will see what that means.

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,187
    I hate Brooklyn, love the Cap tho & have tix for shows through Sept!

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,150
    Up at RR. Got extra wsp tik tonight ava. Buddy got fucked by the man


    Edit: ticket gone
    Last edited by hawkgt; 06-29-2019 at 04:05 PM.

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,262
    Brant Bjork....alright alright alright!



    Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I hate Brooklyn, love the Cap tho & have tix for shows through Sept!

    who are you seeing @ Cap? love that venue
    I ski the east.

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104
    Tyler Childers just announced for Webster Hall in August.
    I ski the east.

  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,690
    Saw the Claypool Lennon Delirium in PDX last Thursday. Great show and great showmen as well. South of Reality is worth a listen.

    No pictures or pirated audio, because I was actually paying attention to the show.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger King View Post
    Tyler Childers just announced for Webster Hall in August.
    tix were gone @ 10:01 AM, I got none

    Cap tickets purchased Lucinda Wiliams, Jason Isbell,

    & its not that I hate brooklyn, ok I do little bit, its just that it is a shit show to get to from Stamford and so many bands I want to see stop there and then Boston. Maybe Hamden if I am lucky

  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,690
    Saw Isbell a couple weeks ago and was disappointed. Not sure if he was having an off night, or if he just really isn't a great live performer, but I wouldn't see him again despite liking his music. The irritating commentary and fits-and-starts performance style really bugged me. The whole show was like a longer version of his NPR Tiny Desk concert, which was unwatchable.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Saw Isbell a couple weeks ago and was disappointed. Not sure if he was having an off night, or if he just really isn't a great live performer, but I wouldn't see him again despite liking his music. The irritating commentary and fits-and-starts performance style really bugged me. The whole show was like a longer version of his NPR Tiny Desk concert, which was unwatchable.
    I have seen him a dozen of times, more if you count with Truckers. His shows have gotten "bigger" and I dont like the "I am a rockstar and here is my wife" vibe of a few, but the band can crank & I like all his music.
    Plus one of the few bands I can see in the balcony with the wife or on the floor with friends and enjoy either way.

  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    tix were gone @ 10:01 AM, I got none

    Cap tickets purchased Lucinda Wiliams, Jason Isbell,

    & its not that I hate brooklyn, ok I do little bit, its just that it is a shit show to get to from Stamford and so many bands I want to see stop there and then Boston. Maybe Hamden if I am lucky
    had the same problem with getting Tyler tix this morning so I bought a ticket to go see him Dec 15th @ Brooklyn Steel

    fyi, don't ever do mailorder for merch with the Cap....worst customer service
    I ski the east.

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I have seen him a dozen of times, more if you count with Truckers. His shows have gotten "bigger" and I dont like the "I am a rockstar and here is my wife" vibe of a few, but the band can crank & I like all his music.
    Plus one of the few bands I can see in the balcony with the wife or on the floor with friends and enjoy either way.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt then, and figure he was just having an off night. Happens to the best of 'em. The dude definitely knows how to write a hell of a song.

    Don't have much going on concert wise, for the next few weeks, but Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats should be a rip roaring show in early August. I saw them before at the (beloved, fantastic) Belly Up, and I'm interested to see how they sound in a large outdoor venue by comparsion.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  22. #1447
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,262
    4th of July concerts? I'm going here tomorrow for something very special. I'm stoked.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,928
    Just got comped tickets to Cake and Dandy Warhols in Bend in August. Cake, meh... but the Dandies always deliver.

  24. #1449
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,262
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I saw the first slow of that tour. I think epic is the right description. I was impressed. First time seeing him in Earth but I've seen him play solo sets before
    Both times I saw earth I went with friends who didn't know them. Big mistake. Next time I'm solo and taking it all in with pure mindfulness.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

  25. #1450
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,187
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

    No pictures or pirated audio, because I was actually paying attention to the show.
    I love you maan...

    ANd FC, Cake can bring it live, although its been a while. I am a sucker for horns

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •