Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1600
  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ That looks like fun.
    Keller is guaranteed fun

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,730
    Keller never wears shoes. But his looping is getting tired. Good to see he's playing with others.

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    2,903
    If you get a chance to see Keller play with his group Kwahtro I highly recommend it

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,212
    Keller Williams is the weak link in several bands Iíve seen

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,735
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Keller never wears shoes. But his looping is getting tired. Good to see he's playing with others.
    Robert Fripp is the king of looping, imho.

    As for contemporaries of Keller W.'s, I've always been partial to Howe Gelb and Joseph Arthur...

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    If you happen to live in or nearby (or just happen to be in the area at the end of the month) Seattle or Portland and you dig psychedelic pop, these folks are worth seeing:

    Sugar Candy Mountain
    http://www.sugarcandymountainband.com/
    https://sugarcandymountain.bandcamp.com/

    Nov 28 - The Sunset Tavern, Seattle
    Nov 29 - The Liquor Store, Portland
    Nice. Always wanted to see these ones. Get some!

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Robert Fripp is the king of looping
    #frippertronics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8697.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	382.6 KB 
ID:	256294  

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,719
    I got a ticket for Vanilla Fudge next week in a small room, Daryl's Place. I haven't seen Carmine Appice in about 30 years!

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,350
    John Butler last night on Boston was a great show. They are a great live band. His jams have so many changes...takes you for a nice long ride. And so nice in the legal state. Vape cooking in hand as you go thru the wand process. Dig it!

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,231
    Metallica in Slc last night was heavy and loud Played a lot of old stuff. About half way through guy kept yelling shit for like 10 minutes and they removed him. Which was good cause it was hard to hear music and that says a lot.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,290
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Metallica in Slc last night was heavy and loud Played a lot of old stuff. About half way through guy kept yelling shit for like 10 minutes and they removed him. Which was good cause it was hard to hear music and that says a lot.
    Never understood the Aholes that talk through, yell stupid shit over and over, yell requests etc., etc... how about SHUT THE FUCK UP... I didn't pay good money to listen to you, asshole.

    How much of a dick do you have to be to get tossed from a Metalica concert?

    "Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for ďthe perfect.Ē But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they canít wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Metallica in Slc last night was heavy and loud Played a lot of old stuff. About half way through guy kept yelling shit for like 10 minutes and they removed him. Which was good cause it was hard to hear music and that says a lot.
    Goin' this Fri night in Sac. Weather looks like it will cooperate for the drive down/back. Can't wait!

    Any opening band or just Jim Breuer?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    2,903
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9481.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	258358

    Joan Osborne with Anders Osborne and Robert Randolph are on the road playing a two set all Dylan show. Very nice

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,189
    Didnt take photos cause not that guy, but James McMurtry still has it. Forgot what a sick guitar player he his.

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9481.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	258358

    Joan Osborne with Anders Osborne and Robert Randolph are on the road playing a two set all Dylan show. Very nice
    Anders just keeps getting better. I missed the local stop for this tour

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    29
    Well I have 2 extra tickets for Redd Kross and Dale Crover Band in Vegas. Freak out!

    Its Friday the 7th if anyone wants them, mag discount is free

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,079
    Tengger cavalry last night. Last minute decision, but it was a pretty good show. The crowd was interestingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20181209_223852.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	259401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20181209_221112.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	259402

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,263
    King Crimson on tour! Got my tickets for a Swiss show in an old Roman amphitheatre. Stoked!

    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/king-cr...versary-shows/



    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    King Crimson on tour! Got my tickets for a Swiss show in an old Roman amphitheatre. Stoked!

    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/king-cr...versary-shows/



    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
    That won't suck! Saw this yesterday, hoping to catch the NY show. Won't be the same without Belew but from what I've read, seems like that bridge was burned beyond repair.

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    That won't suck! Saw this yesterday, hoping to catch the NY show. Won't be the same without Belew but from what I've read, seems like that bridge was burned beyond repair.
    Just read about the rift. I love their music but man they are a bunch of primadonna douches. But I already knew that haha. I saw Fripp open for Dream Theatre with his ambient stuff, the crowd didn't even realise he was performing. Afterwards I saw him on the stairs by himself as I was coming down. I walked up with my hand extended and a big grin and he turned into a robot and would not make eye contact. He turned and faced the wall, then walked off quickly. Umm ok. Then my next concert at the end of a song, someone took a photo and the flash went off. The drummer douche stood up and yelled angrily "who took that shot???". Belew pointed straight at me and the drummer beelined through to the crowd and got up in my face. I mean, he was livid. WTF dude. It wasn't me. It was the girl behind me.

    I wonder what they will do to me at this concert.

    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Just read about the rift. I love their music but man they are a bunch of primadonna douches. But I already knew that haha. I saw Fripp open for Dream Theatre with his ambient stuff, the crowd didn't even realise he was performing. Afterwards I saw him on the stairs by himself as I was coming down. I walked up with my hand extended and a big grin and he turned into a robot and would not make eye contact. He turned and faced the wall, then walked off quickly. Umm ok. Then my next concert at the end of a song, someone took a photo and the flash went off. The drummer douche stood up and yelled angrily "who took that shot???". Belew pointed straight at me and the drummer beelined through to the crowd and got up in my face. I mean, he was livid. WTF dude. It wasn't me. It was the girl behind me.

    I wonder what they will do to me at this concert.

    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    That's nuts, who was the drummer? I knew Fripp was a kook, similar story from a buddy who recognized him at a music store in NYC years ago. He approached him very calm and quietly saying he was a huge musical influence (guy played bass in several touring bands after graduating from Berklee College of Music) and just wanted to say thanks...Fripp did the same thing, turned his back and hightailed it out of the store without saying a word. I've seen several shows where he played with his back to the audience tucked away towards the back of the stage with no direct light on him, he definitely has issues but damn the dude plays guitar like nobody on earth!

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,212
    I tried watching Trey on the couch



    not entertaining

    Phish sucks cuz Trey sucks

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,212
    https://www.facebook.com/ed.gorel/vi...6235654443421/

    Some Midnight North to cleanse the palate

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    That's nuts, who was the drummer? I knew Fripp was a kook, similar story from a buddy who recognized him at a music store in NYC years ago. He approached him very calm and quietly saying he was a huge musical influence (guy played bass in several touring bands after graduating from Berklee College of Music) and just wanted to say thanks...Fripp did the same thing, turned his back and hightailed it out of the store without saying a word. I've seen several shows where he played with his back to the audience tucked away towards the back of the stage with no direct light on him, he definitely has issues but damn the dude plays guitar like nobody on earth!
    pat mastelotto. king douche in my book. fucking let it go dude. it was one flash during the whole show. just kindly remind the audience, not go on a manhunt. i'm looking forward to stalking him and fripp at the next show. we're staying at the marriott nearby, hopefully they will too. my friends and i still laugh about the fripp incident - "must shun fans, avoid eye contact, AVOID!" /conanobriennerdrobotvoice i'm going to follow him around doing that.

    have to add, that i saw them in 1995 on the thrak tour and it was one of the loudest concerts i've ever been to. i was about 5th row center with a group of friends in a seated auditorium. the sound pressure was incredible, yet perfectly clear. after 2 songs my friends moved to the LAST ROW. i stayed. by the end of the concert about half of the front 10 rows had cleared out. in retrospect, a bad decision for my tinnitus but what a great show! top 10 concert experience for me.

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,141
    Unreal! Aside from being a wack job Fripp must be too cheap to pay for a road manager and has his drummer as his lacky to be the photo enforcer...I wonder if he makes the other band members load in/out and change his strings! Belew and Levin seem like decent enough guys, not that I've had detailed conversations with either but both are kind enough to chat it up with fans after their individual band shows. Belew played here last year at a very small club (200 maybe 250 people max) and he hung out for a good 30 minutes after talking to people and even gave a brief rig rundown to a group of us equipment geeks.

    My ears were never the same after Clifford Ball. We were feeling very good and foolishly decided that 1st row directly in front of the right speaker stack was a great place to be, 20+ yrs later, not such a wise choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •