Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2013
    Neurosis + Wolves in the Throne Room last night.

I'm not a big black metal fan but WITTR put on a damn good performance. Would see again.

Neurosis were amazing as always.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ryan Adams & First Aid Kit at Red Rocks last night, killed it!
    A good mix of old and new tracks. "Tightrope" with the tenor sax solo, drenched in reverb, was pretty epic.
    Token shot from the nosebleeds

Attachment 239012
    What a venue!
    Would love to see a concert there one day!!

What a great weekend in Boston- caught Washed Out on Saturday at the Dise and Chromeo last night at the HOB. Too bad Grizzly Bear was playing (opening for Spoon) the same night as Chromeo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6333.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	347.9 KB 
ID:	239373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6359.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	239374

Belle & Sebastian tonight at Sundance!

Blue Ox was fantastic. They literally clean the porta potties every hour all weekend long. They do not give you trash bags they give you awesome thick trashbags and drive around in golf carts making sure you have enough of everything. Beers are $5 from Bells! Everybody who wants to camps in the shade.

Greensky Bluegrass put on the best show I have ever seen them do (about 10 shows) on Friday night. Margo Price on Saturday pulled off a Woodstock throwback holy shit, they came out and warned the crowd not take the 'brown acid' circulating after because that shit deserved a woodstock reference! Her voice is an instrument - I had to see her live to get it I guess. Billy Strings killed it as usual. Sam Bush ftw but I had to leave halfway through to go back to the tent because I couldn't stay awake and was just a little too drunk because all day lineup of killer bands will do that to a guy. Tyler Childers is some funny shit with those guys all sipping beers and throwing down some West Virginia for the northern crowd. I like that dude so whoever on here recommended him thanks I made sure I was there for his entire show.

Pert Near Sandstone from Minneapolis is the driving force behind this event by musicians for musicians. I brought my good camera but was too busy vibing with the music to get it out but for the Pert Near show. No way I am snapping pics during Greensky. Pert Near is old school and I get my fill of them but man they threw down this last weekend. Huge props to those guys and this amazing event that kind of blows up any preconceived notions of what the midwest is all about.

Name:	20180616-IMG_8984.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	965.0 KB 
ID:	239463

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    What a venue!
    Would love to see a concert there one day!!
    Yes!!!

I saw Greensky there a couple of summers ago. You need to go! I need to go back.

Dandy Warhols at Bend Distilling this Friday; anybody else going?

Name:	20180616-IMG_9017.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	932.3 KB 
ID:	239748

Saw the LSD tour the other night in Baltimore at the Pier 6 Pavilion. Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle and Dwight Yoakam. Cool venue in basically a huge tent on a pier in the harbor, 3 good sets of music. I guess I've seen Lucinda about 5 times, her voice was by far the best I've heard it. Good times, good show.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Jazz Aspen has a Blind Faith special if you purchase early, before they announce the line up. It’s a great deal and you see a lot of musicians that you might not go to on there own.

Name:	IMG_2710.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	634.5 KB 
ID:	239804

Lizz Wright

Name:	IMG_2750.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	239805

Leslie Odem Jr. and the JAS Orchestra

Name:	IMG_2754.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	239806

Lyle Lovett and the Large Band.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Anyone going to Telluride? I'll be down there for almost a week. Long overdue reunion with some old friends.
    Pegleg is there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anybody else going to SPAC tonight? We will be in section 2.

Name:  WOS+2018+LOGO+with+NAMES+500+x+500pxl.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  272.4 KB

^ Didn't even hear of this. Must have been good. Hot as hell out there?

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    ^ Didn't even hear of this. Must have been good. Hot as hell out there?
    Hot as balls under the shed. Particularly when TTB played.

DBT seems more well fitted to a theater setting than a large outdoor venue but still rocked.

Name:	IMG_1177.JPG 
Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	240581

Name:	IMG_1179.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	470.5 KB 
ID:	240582

TTB seemed a little sloppy, but it was the best Midnight in Harlem I’ve ever heard.

Name:	IMG_1180.JPG 
Size:	351.9 KB 
ID:	240583

SPAC sucks. Bad sound, $16 beers, and getting in was worse than the airport in Tel Aviv.

Fwiw, Neils live stream from detroit was wonderful. They had some buffering issues, but a real nice Neil live on his own with the audience broadcast. the dood knows what he is doing.... Yeah kinda not really a concert report, but my beer was always cold.

Love the last few Neil livestreams! I know people are pumped to see him but some people just need to stfu.

Never been to SPAC. It's just a bit too far for me. I've been to Bethel Woods, once, to see Neil & The Promise of the Real. Never again. Was not impressed with that venue, and we had "good" seats. Neil even made comments that he and the stage seemed too far from the people. Felt disconnected. The traffic in and out sucked too. The only "fun" thing was we were bumper to bumper with Neil's bus and POTR's bus, so I had that going for me.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Love the last few Neil livestreams! I know people are pumped to see him but some people just need to stfu.

Never been to SPAC. It's just a bit too far for me. I've been to Bethel Woods, once, to see Neil & The Promise of the Real. Never again. Was not impressed with that venue, and we had "good" seats. Neil even made comments that he and the stage seemed too far from the people. Felt disconnected. The traffic in and out sucked too. The only "fun" thing was we were bumper to bumper with Neil's bus and POTR's bus, so I had that going for me.
    I just went to Bethel Woods for the first time. I disagree. Great venue. Great sound. Pretty place. Traffic was ok.
    If Neil wanted closer, play a small club.

SPAC is great, too. One reason it's great is because it's in Saratoga. And sound is usually managed by the bands, so, bitch at them about that. Great sound the four or five times have been there. But, the place is designed for classical music, not rock, so the engineers have to adapt to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just went to Bethel Woods for the first time. I disagree. Great venue. Great sound. Pretty place. Traffic was ok.
    If Neil wanted closer, play a small club.

SPAC is great, too. One reason it's great is because it's in Saratoga. And sound is usually managed by the bands, so, bitch at them about that. Great sound the four or five times have been there. But, the place is designed for classical music, not rock, so the engineers have to adapt to that.
    Of all the personas you could chose to be on the internet. And you chose this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Being in Saratoga does not automaticaly mean SPAC is great. In fact getting in their through the state park is a hassle. As to the sound - I don't care who is in charge of the sound, every show I've seen there has crappy sound so it must be an issue with the building. Other sheds don't have that problem from my limited experience at the NJ Performing Arts Center, Jones Beach, etc.

Of all the personas you could chose to be on the internet. And you chose this one.
    What the fuck does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Being in Saratoga does not automaticaly mean SPAC is great. In fact getting in their through the state park is a hassle. As to the sound - I don't care who is in charge of the sound, every show I've seen there has crappy sound so it must be an issue with the building. Other sheds don't have that problem from my limited experience at the NJ Performing Arts Center, Jones Beach, etc.
    Well, true, most are in and out from the Northway without even seeing the town. Too bad, though.
    As far as the sound, like I ssid, the place was originally built for the NYC ballet way back, and the music was/is unamplified small orchestra. Rock is too overwhelming. That's why the lawn is better on a nice night. Not as intense.
    I saw Brian Wilson there about 9 years ago doing Pet Sounds. He had a lot of people on stage at some points, including a small string section. It was awesome, but he's no hair band.

Alice in Chains, Montreux Jazz Festival

I was nearly gutted to see the stage setup and realizing that "A Special Evening with Alice in Chains" meant an acoustic set but it was pretty amazing. So many good acoustic songs!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Can't fucking wait! End of an era. Fiddler's Green sucks but hopefully we burn it down.

^They played great when I saw them about a month ago. We missed Testament... fuck me.