Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RXevolv View Post
    The Melvins will be playing at the Urban Lounge in Salt Lake 8/17. Be there or be square
    I'm square, I was too tired and over-worked to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Rogers on Thursday Nite was amaziing! Sad I'm missing out on ZZ Top at the Fairgrounds, though...

Sent from my SM-G870W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Missed Petty at Red Rocks probably cuz the scalpers overloaded the system. Just saw him Saturday at Safeco while visiting. Nosebleeders, but other than that it did not suck. Sound went out on Crawling Back To You which was a minor annoyance, but they got things back up and going.

Wish I could've been at Red Rocks last night.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Way to much music this weekend.

Caroline Rose at a house concert on Friday and Rusted Root with MNIAW, Goniff and assorted guests tonight.

We missed seeing Lilly Hiatt (John's daughter) at a house concert tonight, which based on the live steam was the show we should have focused the weekend around.

I picked up tickets to Greta Van Fleet in Portland late October. I do not go to much new music, and am sure I will be the oldest at the show...I have always liked classic rock, and these kids sound like they rock! I will be flying solo, hopefully I do not scare all the kids at this show...

That singer channels his inner young Plant.

Free Dirty Heads show at Stratton this coming Sunday. So Cal reggae kind if sound, I believe.

I think I've somehow time-traveled to 1995: Crystal Method, Ride, and Slowdive all in the next month or two.

We saw Brian Ferry/Roxy Music for around the 6th time last week. Good I love that guy and the music he plays. He had a super tight band playing with him. I forget the rhythm guitarist name, but the guy has been playing with Brian for a long time now.

They finally had a violin player with them, so they played one of the 3 songs I want to hear on my death bed. Out of the Blue was fucking awesome, as was the 21 song set.

Wish I lived in Yurp so I could see Brian every year.

And next Friday I get to see Al Dimeola after not seeing the guy for about 30 years. I am so psyched. It is going to be an all time great show.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I haven't been to the Belly Up in years. Usually the bands I want to see are playing at larger venues. Super excited to see Al Dimeola in Sept. He is playing at a really cool old theater I have always wanted to see a show at.
    Saw Los Lobos on the first night of their 30th year together tour there which was awesome. And the Radiators show there was one i won't remember for years. Got lost walking back to the hotel, flagged a cop down for a ride.

But JJ Cale at the Belly Up was one of the best concerts i've seen, so far...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Dirty Heads put on a free show at Stratton last night. The crowd was awesome. We ran into Do Work and his lady on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I picked up tickets to Greta Van Fleet in Portland late October. I do not go to much new music, and am sure I will be the oldest at the show...I have always liked classic rock, and these kids sound like they rock! I will be flying solo, hopefully I do not scare all the kids at this show...
    By the time i figured them out ther show in atl had sold out (I heard in about a day). The rack rate was $10 scalper was pushing $100. I'm sold just on highway song & safari. Damn sure won't miss them next time.
    "Can't you see..."

Punk in Drublic in Tacoma Saturday night was decent. Bad Religion stole the show and should have been the closer. NOFX played worse than I have ever seen. Sloppy is one thing, but barely coherent is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Dirty Heads put on a free show at Stratton last night. The crowd was awesome. We ran into Do Work and his lady on the way out.

Nice. Cool they did a free show. I've seen those guys a bunch of times now. Good vibes and lots o weed.

PDX mags: Ride is playing the Crystal Ballroom tomorrow. Not to be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Punk in Drublic in Tacoma Saturday night was decent. Bad Religion stole the show and should have been the closer. NOFX played worse than I have ever seen. Sloppy is one thing, but barely coherent is another.
    Mike back on the sauce/whatever?

Roger Fucking Waters

^That had to be amazing! Kills me I couldn't make it this go around. Looks like a nice vantage point.

The CONCERT thread

That looks awful, over indulgent excess. Not at all what I want in a rock show. Shit-can the political statements and just melt faces. That's why Phish rules. Their sound is loud and clean, CK5's light show is always killer. And they don't fuck around with stage banter and political statements, they just fucking rock.
    Eat a Dick, Roger Waters.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew8LBcXhvJw
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^variety is the spice of life in my world buttah

Just saw TAB recently and Friday I'll be seeing Thievery Corp and the next show after that will be Brand X followed by King Crimson and Dead & Co.

Lucius opening for Roger Waters. You get to check them out?

Nice Ticket! My bro-inlaw hit that show also and said it was awesome. From the pics it looks like you guys had similar seats.

Buttah, are u some sort of trumptard or just anti politics in general?

I'm a fucking BernieBro, guy. The last thing I want to deal with after paying a shit-ton of $$$ for a ticket, is a "rock star" telling me what he thinks. I don't care what you think. Shut up and play yer guitar. Frank said it best. That's why tGD and Phish resonate with me. No bullshit, just face melts!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I'm a fucking BernieBro, guy. The last thing I want to deal with after paying a shit-ton of $$$ for a ticket, is a "rock star" telling me what he thinks. I don't care what you think. Shut up and play yer guitar. Frank said it best. That's why tGD and Phish resonate with me. No bullshit, just face melts!

Yeah, I'm with you. You're there to party and have fun, not see negative political shit. But, it's their (artists) deal I guess.