Thread: Get it done....

Get it done....

...now. What are you waiting for? Later might be too late.......

Watched a man die today. Young. 25. Whole life in front of him. Gone. In an instant.

It could have very easily been me. Or even you...................

I have seen this before, my brother died in a similar fashion. Makes you think. Why? What if? How come? WHY? Why.........

All that and more.

Everything else seems so insignificant. Quarrels about stupid shit, seem ...... well...seem almost criminal. Do we have better things to do? Yes, yes we do. I know life goes on, but let us let go of the little shit, the shit that doesn't matter. The shit you will have forgotten about a week from now.....

Always do the right thing...you know what it is.....

Plan a ski trip. Take the wife and kids out to dinner. Move to a ski town. Move away from a ski town. Take up snowboarding. Plan a trip abroad. Fix that shit the wife asked you to do a year ago. Don't nag your husband about that shit you asked him to do a year ago. Get a dog. Volunteer your time for a worthy cause. Help someone that is down on their luck. Tell your loved ones that you love them......

I am headed for the mountains again tomorrow...taking the snowboard along.

You?

Get it done.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

always look forward to the photos, you'll always have that.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss ;(

Heading to the desert tomorrow to build some trail and then hopefully up to the Sawtooths to help out SMG.

Money and material goods are overrated (unless they're skis ) ...it's the time one gets to spend having fun and being with friends and family that's worth more than money

Very fine thread. I'll just add:

DIE LIVING

I'm sorry.

It always makes me wonder: What if I just charge my credit cards out the ass, only make minimum payments, and just buy whatever I want. If I don't have any kids, what can they do after I have died and lived a fun life? Well, I guess it can ruin your credit when your debt/income ratio is so outta whack.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I feel what you feel. Saw that happen once. I remember. Shook me for days. Nothing more I can say. We are a club.

so much truth

I'm sorry.

It always makes me wonder: What if I just charge my credit cards out the ass, only make minimum payments, and just buy whatever I want. If I don't have any kids, what can they do after I have died and lived a fun life? Well, I guess it can ruin your credit when your debt/income ratio is so outta whack.
    I have an expansive view of "LIVING." If you give up lots of things, even things you would remember forever, you're still living--you're helping yourself and/or your family for the future, you're setting an example for others. That counts as much as hucking your biggest cliff ever. Not that you should always make that choice--often it's better to go for it and take a hit. If the activity that makes you feel like you did good things, like working in a nursing home and taking extra care of someone's needs, you're living. I think of adventure sports as fuel to make me a better person, as well as a nifty kind of addiction.

Edit: I neglected to say that I too am sorry for your loss, LBL. I can't imagine losing a brother--my only brother is as great as they come.

The first paragraph comes partly from reflection on many good friends who have taken their lives. Those numbers are especially high in the disabled community.
    Last edited by whippersnapper; 11-05-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Always difficult when random death occurs in an instant. We are wired to hunt for a reason when none exists.

I feel for you LBL - the reminder of your brother's tragedy had to make today doubly hard. Hang in there.

Thanks for the reminder to live life to have no regrets when your time comes. Me=heading to the hills with my bike first thing in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Always difficult when random death occurs in an instant. We are wired to hunt for a reason when none exists.

I feel for you LBL - the reminder of your brother's tragedy had to make today doubly hard. Hang in there.

Thanks for the reminder to live life to have no regrets when your time comes. Me=heading to the hills with my bike first thing in the AM.
    Yes, those agonizing , nagging questions. And no real good answers. Tough to deal with.

Yeah, my brother's death was particularly hard to deal with, almost unbearable. Coma for 30 days...when he awoke to permanent and massive brain damage. He was alive, but he wasn't really there. Blind...he spent years "staring" at the ceiling, he was unable to communicate coherently and finally died from asphyxiation (when he threw up in his sleep.)

It changed me. I became more understanding and forgiving of other people's shortcomings, because I am not perfect and life is too short for petty shit.

This death today was aweful. Gruesome. Terrible. Instant. I watched, unable to do anything to save him. I feel terrible.

To all that responded - THANKS!

l just can't stress enough to everyone, get out there and get it, whether it is as big as a ski trip, or as small as a hug from your child.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Hugh Conway Guest
    Ugh, sorry to hear about that, hope things get better

I too look forward to your pics.

Thanks for the perspective dude.

So sorry LBL. I don't have the words to help. But your truths ring true. Life is once, were in it now. Do what needs to be done because tomorrow may never come.

Hate is wasteful, hurting others hurts you. Be good, do good, have fun. That is what life is about.

I hope you find peace.

that's a real bummer to hear, I am 25 and couldn't help but think it could be me and how I still feel like I haven't done anything yet. it's even worse to think about loved ones going like that.

i will look forward to your next TR, your pics always deliver.

LBL sorry for your loss, what else to say? You made me stop and think, you are so right, it´s all too easy to lose sight of whats real sometimes, just get bogged down with all the stupid shit. Keep moving forwards
    If you can´t keep up, keep the fuck outta my way

well said LBL. definitely rings true and gives pause for thought.
    Move forward & get out that camera. Life is to be lived & enjoyed
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
    I have an expansive view of "LIVING." If you give up lots of things, even things you would remember forever, you're still living--you're helping yourself and/or your family for the future, you're setting an example for others. That counts as much as hucking your biggest cliff ever. Not that you should always make that choice--often it's better to go for it and take a hit. If the activity that makes you feel like you did good things, like working in a nursing home and taking extra care of someone's needs, you're living. I think of adventure sports as fuel to make me a better person, as well as a nifty kind of addiction.

Edit: I neglected to say that I too am sorry for your loss, LBL. I can't imagine losing a brother--my only brother is as great as they come.

The first paragraph comes partly from reflection on many good friends who have taken their lives. Those numbers are especially high in the disabled community.
    Ok, but "adventure sports" require some expensive tools.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.