Golden, CO - Bike Park Opening Day Video

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16477059"]Golden Bike Park Opening Day on Vimeo[/ame]

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16477059?color=f5ed0a" width="1024" height="576" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/16477059">Golden Bike Park Opening Day</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/islandertek">islandertek</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p><p>First of all I would like to thank the City of Golden, COMBA, all volunteers, people, and organizations that made this bike park not only a dream, but a possibility and now a realtiy!!!! All of the hard work and planning that was put into this effort definitely paid off!! Thank you everyone for making this happen!!<br />
    <br />
    Here is some video shot from opening day (10/30/2010) at the new bike park in Golden, CO. Over 300 people showed up and everyone had fun!! There is a little something for everyone here!! Down hill, skills area, pump track, and local XC trails!! Golden is where it's at!! Enoy!!</p>

Maybe it's just my computer because I'm at work, but none of the links that I just copied appear in the thread???? Hopefully you all are able to watch it!! ENJOY!!

Cheers!

-Nick

Your post looks like a mess, but I can at least see one of the videos...

Looks fun, I need to maybe get my bike ready again instead of just obsessing over my skis .
    You should have been here yesterday!

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    hmmm. I mean I live in Golden, so I guess I'll go, but really all the hype for that? The pump track looks far and away like the coolest part. Got all excited about jumps you needed earth mover to make, but they ended up beat street. Sunset and Gunbarrel remain way better for jump lines. I don't mean to hate and I am sure it is nice and accessible for riders of all abilities, but yawn.

Yes, yawn...but a start. That is how i am looking at it.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Some dude hitting the jump line on a Colnago Cross Bike.
    My favorite part is the guy that eats it about 20 seconds later

Where can I get a dinner jacket like his?
    The Passion is in the Risk

I really need to get this damn cast off.

Quote Originally Posted by reidhresko View Post
    hmmm. I mean I live in Golden, so I guess I'll go, but really all the hype for that? The pump track looks far and away like the coolest part. Got all excited about jumps you needed earth mover to make, but they ended up beat street. Sunset and Gunbarrel remain way better for jump lines. I don't mean to hate and I am sure it is nice and accessible for riders of all abilities, but yawn.

A lot of people worked really hard on getting this project done and open and did so with a pretty fast time line. And this time was all volunteer....not sure what your problem is....but slamming the park after so many people worked to make this thing happen doesn't really accomplish anything. Looks like a good start to me....not really my thing, but I will hit it up from time to time when doing North Table laps. Big thanks to those who made this happen in our great town.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Some dude hitting the jump line on a Colnago Cross Bike.
    My favorite part is the guy that eats it about 20 seconds later

Guy who eats it is my buddy Nate. He posts here sometimes but I don't remember his TGR name. He's actually a really good biker most of the time, which makes this that much funnier.
    Last edited by BigKuba; 11-05-2010 at 11:20 AM.

i got a chance to check it out and ride it yesterday. its very different than the biking I normally do, but a fun place to check out and session. Sure its not super gnar, but neither am I with my wheels off the ground. There was also a guy there on a cyclocross bike yesterday, but he barely left the ground, the one in the vid is impressive. Pump track is a great work out. Especially starting up on the hill, doing that little drop, then airing into the pump track in that near corner. COMBA and related parties did a great job. Everyone there had a smile on their face and was having a good time, kids, adults, teenagers.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    A lot of people worked really hard on getting this project done and open and did so with a pretty fast time line. And this time was all volunteer....not sure what your problem is....but slamming the park after so many people worked to make this thing happen doesn't really accomplish anything. Looks like a good start to me....not really my thing, but I will hit it up from time to time when doing North Table laps. Big thanks to those who made this happen in our great town.
    They definitely did, I know/work with a bunch of those people. It's sick that those guys stepped up to get this approved and built, I definitely don't have the patience to go through official channels start to finish the way that they did. That doesn't mean that no one should critique the park or that anyone who does has a "problem" though. Feedback can only make the next spot sicker!
    vitalmtb.com

I did a lap in there to check it out today. Pretty fun place. My FS XC bike was a bit out of place, but nonetheless, it was fun. Thanks to all who made this park possible, I think it is really well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.