Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moreskeez View Post
    I think statistically, snowboarders average 11 years of age and can't afford lift tickets.
    Yeah, i'd want to see the business model on this idea...
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Yeah, i'd want to see the business model on this idea...

There is no business model because no idiot would do that at a serious mountain. Snowboarders are into community and inclusion.

I will state again, only some skiers are the race of entitlement assholes to have such douchy rules like exclusion.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

since skiing came first that is the status quo. many areas need both skiers and boarders in order to make ends meet. why all the hate over how i get down the mountain is hard for me to comprehend. this type of anger/frustration seems to melt away once we all get back on the snow. i love seeing boarders at alta during pre season. and we all get along.

it would be pretty easy to build, all you'd need is a really wide slope so everyone could sit down in the middle and compare their steeze, send text messages, and update their facebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    since skiing came first that is the status quo. many areas need both skiers and boarders in order to make ends meet. why all the hate over how i get down the mountain is hard for me to comprehend. this type of anger/frustration seems to melt away once we all get back on the snow. i love seeing boarders at alta during pre season. and we all get along.
    easy to preach when you are the "chosen" people.

No hate, just reality. as I said, SOME skiers and companies.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

ALL YOU KNUCKLEDRAGGERS LOOK LIKE ANTS FROM THIS PEDISTAL THAT I'M ON

OH, YOU ARE ANTS

Isn't the Yellowstone Club up for sale again?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

dc mtn lab
    holy fucking shitballs

Snowboarder only area - 65 miles from civilization, Fairweather Range, AK. Snowboarders are pushing the limits and boundaries of the backcountry farther than skiers ever have. Literally. Hate all you want, but that's some badass shit.

Must agree though, as a skier and boarder, I see no reason to discriminate. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    dc mtn lab
    its gone due to the "ECONOMY"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    As there's a Ski Area for Skiers only, Alta, how is it there's no Board area for Boarders only?

The answer is probably something on the lines that snowboarders are statistically too poor to successfully fund the the operation of a board resort on their own.

Laugh laugh laugh laugh.

That's easy

It's because Jake Burton is already busy trying to forget where he came from and attempting to find mansions that fit his huge head.
    [/burton rant]
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    That's easy

It's because Jake Burton is already busy trying to forget where he came from and attempting to find mansions that fit his huge head.
    [/burton rant]
    hmmm. yes, burton easily has the resources to create a retar... ahem...snowboards only area. may i suggest breckenridge.
    send you opinions here info@burton.com.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Raging Buffalo....

Reminds me of the "Kingvale Terrain Project"
    Who wants to go poach that shit??
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    How many new ski areas have come around in the last 20 years? Tamarack? We all know how thats turned out.
    Heads up - I met a cool dude from Brundage at the ski/board expo in seattle that tolds me... Tamarack will most likely be open like weekends, or 2 days out of the week this winter. So there should be some kill pow stashed up for the locals. Winter's starting to look good this round.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I think it solely has to do with the fact that snowboarding has only been around for 20 years really.

How many new ski areas have come around in the last 20 years? Tamarack? We all know how thats turned out.

Revelstoke? Silverton?

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    hmmm. yes, burton easily has the resources to create a retar... ahem...snowboards only area. may i suggest breckenridge.
    send you opinions here info@burton.com.

I don't board. I was simply hinting towards Jake Burton having no soul and asstons of money.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by burghschred View Post
    Snowboarders are pushing the limits and boundaries of the backcountry farther than skiers ever have. Literally.
    I would enjoy hearing you back up that claim....
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    dc mtn lab
    yeah that, or, buy a splitboard

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    There is no business model because no idiot would do that at a serious mountain. Snowboarders are into community and inclusion.

I will state again, only some skiers are the race of entitlement assholes to have such douchy rules like exclusion.
    Yes, because when skiers started coming into terrain parks, boarders were ALL cool with that. There was no animosity at all.

And magazines like Transworld, companies like Sims, they have totally welcomed skiers. I mean, they never spread hate.

For the record, I think Alta should allow boarders.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by moreskeez View Post
    I think statistically, snowboarders average 11 years of age and can't afford lift tickets.
    Shit, most boarders I know are in their 40's, have one (if not two) mortgages, and their kids ski...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Taos was forced to open to snowboarding because there weren't enough rich old skiers going to new mexico to keep the status quo profitable. The same would work in reverse, resorts need all the revenue they can find....Alta and Deer Valley are sort of exceptions to this. Deer Valley caters to a price is no problem luxury market and Alta apparently doesn't have enough fresh lines to go around for the skiers....there isn't any room for snowboarders when you've got that many skiers dueling for lines. All I ever hear is Alta is only awesome until every pass holder in SLC gets up there, then its just another crowded, tracked out, crusty hill just like the rest. So who cares?

The only thing about Alta that rankles me is their silly notion that the skiers-only is somehow conserving the powder or that an average Alta skier just points it and lightly floats over the line. Yeah, right. Plenty of threads in this forum about the shitload of tourists and SLC gapers who ski Alta and how fast it gets tracked up. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 11-02-2010 at 02:32 PM.

I've always fantasized about a ski area with only snowboarders... just think how amazing it would be to not have moguls everywhere! though being a skier myself I wouldn't be reaping the rewards.... maybe the best option to eliminate moguls would be to ban short radius turns.

Quote Originally Posted by iski123 View Post
    I've always fantasized about a ski area with only snowboarders....
    What about nordic skiers? I have a pair of 189 Fischers with low flouro wax and I rip everything on fresh groom...

Meh, I prefer the opportunity to crossbreed with the skier girls. Then we end up with a baby who monoskis or something.

Well if we get a boarder only mountain... I think we should ban Goofy footers. Their blind spot is opposite ours and creates grave danger. Maybe we could allow them on 1 groomed run where they must ride switch... or get chucked over the closure ropes and fined $1,000 for being out of bounds. If it's boarders only, we're still gonna need a sub-group to grind on.