Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    PSA: CBMR is skiing SO FUCKING WELL right now. More snow on the way. See y'all here!
    No doubt Squirrel. Took this shot of MBSC at 3:15 on Saturday. Not exactly tracked out, so I guess y'all stayed home.

Starting to feel a little like this from all the pow skiing though:

This weekend was fantastic. Friday was fun and Saturday was just amazing. Thanks again to MSBC and Goldenboy for showing us around some more.

That is Ms. Telechuck in the pic sprawled out after two days of bell to bell skiing. It was so fun and we are planning to be back in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    No doubt Squirrel. Took this shot of MBSC at 3:15 on Saturday. Not exactly tracked out, so I guess y'all stayed home.

Starting to feel a little like this from all the pow skiing though:

Thumbs up

The edge was bananas yesterday. Maybe the best piece of inbounds skiing I've ever had. Still amazed that our continental snow will stick to some of those lines.
    Drive slow, homie.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I miss skiing. Hopefully the ankle will heal and I won't be missing out anymore.

Heal up adam.

Kind of a late TR from a couple of weeks ago, but more stoke is more better, right? More pics and a decent video on the blog..

Z:

squirrel:

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    The edge was bananas yesterday. Maybe the best piece of inbounds skiing I've ever had. Still amazed that our continental snow will stick to some of those lines.
    Sooo good. i can't believe the coverage either

Z and I skied an area I call the Pillow Palace yesterday. I didn't get too many photos, so I just put them in a slideshow and followed that with my POV. Super fun day.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/19282933"]Pillow Palace 1-27-11 on Vimeo[/ame]

A few shots from a tour up on Red Lady last weekend.... Bluebird gorgeous day....

Castle

Capitol and Snowmass.

Mike.

Goldenboy.

Me.

More pics and full TR here.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Goldenboy and I enjoyed some fun lines this weekend after the week-long high pressure. First up- Mount Owen.

Fantastic views of the western slope.

And a fun hike, constantly dodging the overhanging cornice.

The skiing was of course the reward.

A look back at our line.

Full TR and POV worth the watch on our blog.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

nice share on Buckhorn! allways wondered what was over there.

You guys have been killing it. I love the Owen video.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

awesome stuff...that cornice looks big
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    awesome stuff...that cornice looks big
    Yeah, it's a big one. Parts of it were down in the valley we skinned up, from earlier in the winter. Which made it all the more interesting to watch whoever climbed that ridge the day before repeatedly fall in the 5' deep gap between rock and the cornice. It's easy enough to get lured too close once, but to keep doing it? Sweet day though.

how long's the drive to CB from DEN and any cheap lodging near there? i'll be trying to hit it up late next week...

We will be back the first week of March for a whole week and would love to hit this place with you. Hopefully, we can connect.

Awesome pics and looks like a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    A few shots from a tour up on Red Lady last weekend.... Bluebird gorgeous day....

Castle

Capitol and Snowmass.

Mike.

Goldenboy.

Me.

More pics and full TR here.

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    how long's the drive to CB from DEN and any cheap lodging near there? i'll be trying to hit it up late next week...
    If the roads are dry, I can usually go from my parents' place in Golden to here in 4-4.5 hours.

Cheapest lodging would be down the road in Gunnison. I think that CBMR properties have free tickets with lodging though, so that might be better. Otherwise the best ticket deals are getting a 2 for 1 ticket by buying Shell gas and getting the voucher, or buying Coors in Gunnison and getting the voucher.

If the roads are dry, I can usually go from my parents' place in Golden to here in 4-4.5 hours.

Cheapest lodging would be down the road in Gunnison. I think that CBMR properties have free tickets with lodging though, so that might be better. Otherwise the best ticket deals are getting a 2 for 1 ticket by buying Shell gas and getting the voucher, or buying Coors in Gunnison and getting the voucher.
    sweet! thnx for the info - much appreciated!

Yeah, it's a big one. Parts of it were down in the valley we skinned up, from earlier in the winter. .
    HA! that was me...

Sunday's playground.

SydVicious, D-side, reid-hresko, goldenboy.

Goldenboy

reid

Run # 2.

Syd and I booting.

Dside.

Alex.

Me.

It was a good day Check out the full TR here.
    -
    14erskiers.com

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    4 inches down low skinning to Schuykil, 6 inches half way up, and two feet at the top. So yeah, it wasn't bad.

Welcome back homie! Resort is all-time right now, you gonna join tomorrow?

hats off to the cb crowd!

As of yesterday morning, CS Irwin was reporting a YTD snowfall of 418" and counting, as we are now in another Winter Storm Warning. A few pics from the Irwin area from Saturday:

More pics and words can be found on this blog entry, with a special guest appearance by angry dog.

sweet jebus this thread always delivers...

I watched the radar returns the other day and it looked like that sweet spot between here and there was getting pummeled.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.