Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    In a drunk conversation with a friend, we decided that we're in for the long haul. The show has sucked since season 2. The acting has never been good, the story stalls for entire seasons, the plot is full of holes. Nothing new under the perpetually hot, makin' Rick sweat, Georgia sun.
    A friend and I did this with the last couple seasons of Dexter. We regretted it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    A friend and I did this with the last couple seasons of Dexter. We regretted it later.
    Ha! I finished Dexter, too. Really terrible. Weeds was terrible from the time they left Agrestic (Majestic?), but I stuck that out. I apparently don't value my time very much.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

When neegan was swinging the bat for the first time, that was the end of me and this show. While I thought the gore was already over the top, the story was decent, leaving reason at the door. Once neegan appeared the show jumped the shark for me. haven't watched so much as an episode since.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Ha! I finished Dexter, too. Really terrible. Weeds was terrible from the time they left Agrestic (Majestic?), but I stuck that out. I apparently don't value my time very much.
    I finished both of those shows too. I don't know why. Haven't watched a single episode of TWD this season yet. I may sit down and suffer through them when it's over. Hard to say. It has gotten pretty terrible.

GAWD... How stupid can this show get? It's like General Hospital from the seventies, but with axes to the head. Like everyone else I binged watched WD every October when it was released on NetFlix- I haven't watched the last three or four seasons. Fuckin' Stoooooopid!

How on earth do they sell ads?

Anybody still watching this piece of shit show? I keep hoping for something but it never delivers. The only two good things about this episode was the Bright Eyes montage and that Carl is finally dead.

At this point, I think that the only thing that will save this show is for the rest of the cast to get killed and then do a show reboot with new characters/story starting back at day one.

Used to love it, but gave up on it a couple seasons ago. Started reminding me too much of SoA in its formulaic repetitiveness

I started watching and gave up after 20 minutes of them dragging out Carl's death (plus whatever Morgan and Carol were doing). The exposition is a mess and I just don't care about any of the characters any more. Hope the Saviors and/or zombies kill them all.

Good writeup here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...ll-over-again/

Between the just fucking die Carl to the I can't see shit that is happening, this show sucks lately.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    I just don't care about any of the characters any more. Hope the Saviors and/or zombies kill them all.
    This.

is ANYBODY still watching this show?? I saw a preview for next week's episode and it had Rick and Neagan in a CAR CHASE. In the apocalypse.

Last season sucked.

This season, so far (2 episodes in), sucks.

I think I'll stop now.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    This.

is ANYBODY still watching this show?? I saw a preview for next week's episode and it had Rick and Neagan in a CAR CHASE.
    there's a great spinoff and it's actually well done and fun to watch.
    you still in boston, joe ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think I'll stop now.
    We said that week after week for like the last 3 seasons.

Wife finally quit when the tiger got killed, and my last straw was the Saviors somehow escaping their impossible situation, without any explanation, and then somehow mounting a perfectly coordinated well-staffed multi pronged mind reading counter attack on the Rick gang.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    you still in boston, joe?
    yes sir

I’ve been pretty loyal to the TWD since Season 1......use to really look forward to Sunday night new episodes.

Now I find myself regretfully still watching to see “how friggin bad is it going to be this week”?

It really is so slooooow. Just move on from this storyline.....It’s so annoying....TWD may rank #1 as the best show to worst show in the history of TV.

It truly sucks.

it's a lame soap opera....with zombies

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    it's a lame soap opera....with zombies
    Agreed but it used to be a good soap opera with zombies.

Yep. Dread every Sunday. But have invested so much that I stick with it.

I find myself dicking around on my phone now watching it. Never a good sign.

At the movies yesterday, there was an add for the season finale + ep 1 of Fear being shown on the big screen, April 15, during the tv broadcast. Bonus material and no commercials. Sign up before seats are gone. https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...2000:00:00.000

If only both Rick & Negan were eaten when they were fighting the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    At the movies yesterday, there was an add for the season finale + ep 1 of Fear being shown on the big screen, April 15, during the tv broadcast. Bonus material and no commercials. Sign up before seats are gone. https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...2000:00:00.000

If only both Rick & Negan were eaten when they were fighting the basement.
    Tough episode to watch...impossible to suspend disbelief and discount the 'okay Rick should have died there...okay Negan's a gonner there'... over and over again.... like the full discharge of bullets while Negan stuck in the overturned car....come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, lol, I'd say i'm done, but of course i'll tune in again next sunday and go through the same frustrations...till the series finally walks off a cliff and is dead and gone. That will be a good day. Hopefully sooner than later.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I’ve been pretty loyal to the TWD since Season 1......use to really look forward to Sunday night new episodes.

Now I find myself regretfully still watching to see “how friggin bad is it going to be this week”?

It really is so slooooow. Just move on from this storyline.....It’s so annoying....TWD may rank #1 as the best show to worst show in the history of TV.

It truly sucks.
    And apparently things aren't moving slowly enough they've got to throw in another mysterious group to muck it up even more.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Agreed but it used to be a good soap opera with zombies.
    How long have you sat there thinking: how much of this crap do I have to suffer through before I get some decent zombie action ? Waaaaay too long. Like a bad marriage knowing there's plenty of ladies that would fuck your brains out and make you laugh, yet you won't change the channel. So many other things to watch that are so much more fun. Netflix, American Horror story is soon. I'd rather watch Zombieland over and over

I stopped watching months ago.... but I was always thinking: It would have been nice/cool for them to tease some information about what was going on in the rest of the world (or country), to either give them hope or to make them act and think differently. It got old fast, watching the two groups go after each other non-stop in their tiny little corner of Virginia or Maryland.

Bro the show jumped the shark years ago

Its the apocalypse, several years in, and people are still:
    driving around everywhere. unlimited, unseparated gasoline somehow.
    shaving, trimming their beards, and doing their hair on the reg.
    shooting full auto whenever/wherever possible. unlimited ammo somehow. despite the show pretending like ammo shortages are actually an issue
    using walkie talkies and flashlights constantly. unlimited batteries/recharging

The story is soooo fucking slow and some (most?) parts of it are just so asinine as to be actually insulting to the viewers. I'm glad I broke the habit of watching this show on sunday nights. Sucks that Game of Thrones has such a short season/is over soon. Might have to cue up some old classics on Sunday nights instead, maybe re watch the Sopranos or The Wire or Breaking Bad

I haven't watched a single episode this season. I'll wait till they are on Netflix when the show gets cancelled and marathon while under the influence of multiple substances. Doubtful that will make it better though.