Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Rented the first 6 episodes from redbox for 1$. Great show. The next season start Oct 13 I believe.

Only part I dont get is how scarce guns and ammo are. I mean its Georgia after all, how about they hit up Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Rented the first 6 episodes from redbox for 1$. Great show. The next season start Oct 13 I believe.

Only part I dont get is how scarce guns and ammo are. I mean its Georgia after all, how about they hit up Walmart?
    All guns are also friendly wholesome democrat fudd hunter endorse able type guns. No evil scary looking assault rifles or high cap mags.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

^ Huh, hadn't noticed that. Good point! ^

Season 2 bump...off to a decent start, tho the missus and I noticed a BIG uptick in the product placement (Hyundai), the advertisements, and the drama. The drahma, ohhh the drama...too much.

BUT with the events at the very end, as well as the herd of undead, we're back to the events of the books after the CDC detour. Although in a very different order.

Loved the season premiere tonight, but holy shit the commercials were unbearable. Five minutes of show followed by five minutes of commercials. Every episode from now on will be DVR'ed.

^^ Absolutely agreed, the amount of commercials was just stupid. The show was so worth it though. Jesus, what a season premiere...

I'm really trying to like the show, but it just isn't doing it for me. The zombies are cool and all, but it gets old seeing every one stabbed 6 times. The show isn't offering much beyond the violence. It makes me really miss Breaking Bad and it's only been one week.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I'm really trying to like the show, but it just isn't doing it for me. The zombies are cool and all, but it gets old seeing every one stabbed 6 times. The show isn't offering much beyond the violence.
    Yeah, that's true. And same on the DVR thing, it was pretty obvious that advertisers had picked up on the show's success last season and are all over this one. It was almost worse than an NFL game!

I thought it was a weak season premiere. Plus, them only now discovering the benefit of edged weaponry against the living dead is ridiculous.

Cold Steel should have been placing product last season.

bummed i missed the premiere. will probbaly just end up downloading the season at the end since i am usually exhausted by the time its on, and you can't stream the AMC stuff, though it is on netflix instant watch now (first season)

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Cold Steel should have been placing product last season.
    Or Ka-Bar...

Montani Semper Liberi

the show is good and worth watching - I mean it's a million times better than most of the crap that passes for good TV (2 and half men etc)

But I don't get the Love that this show receives from it's fans. The story is decent but the acting is horrible, the dialogue is often just stupid, and the way the story flows through an episode is totally disjointed.

Like in this episode when they come across all the smashed up vehicles and they decide to look in them to gather food and clothing...and then the chick out of the blue says "this is a graveyard.....I don't feel comfortable doing this". WTF, you're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse that has been going on for some time and all of a sudden you're not ok looking through some vehicles?

And this forced moment of emotion last all of about 3 seconds while all the other characters look at her briefly with concern....and that's it. Next thing you know everyone is looking through cars. The idea that she would find this particular behavior reprehensible is totally unrealistic given the situation and what her character has already gone through. It seems like the writers are trying to interject little moments of drama that come out of nowhere and at the same time lead nowhere. They don't contribute to the story or character development at all.

And this is one moment of many in this one episode where stupid stuff like that is forced upon us to try and make the show seem like more than just some people cutting up zombies. I'm all for some drama but at least put some effort into it.

As someone said above - this is a far far cry from a show like Breaking Bad or The Wire

I'm still gonna watch it though

/blog

i'll still watch but as mentioned:
    -they are in the southern states for crying out get some real guns, "ooooh my son can't have a knife too dangerous" give the kid a 10/22 for christs sake
    society has ended arm yourselves you morons
    -ditch the junkyard reject vehicles you are driving, go to a truck or RV dealer and get some transportation that won't breakdown/have to be fixed every episode
    -heck, figure out how to drive the numerous abandoned APCs and tanks that seem to be lying around, then disabled vehicles in traffic jams won't even slow you down or force you to stop so your token 12 year old girl can get lost...
    -give the whiny blonde her gun back, she's toxic, if she kills herself you're better off, if not you've got one more person to pull a trigger when the "herds" shuffle towards you...

and for product placement to work use this AMMO:
    http://www.hornady.com/store/Zombie-Max
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The whiny blonde is kinda hot, though.

I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but I think those fleeting, pointless moments like the one you describe are attempts at incorporating parts of the book. I agree, whatever they are, they're not done well.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The more I think about it... I don't even find the story very interesting. I watched The Killing earlier this year, and even though it wasn't amazing and didn't get great reviews, it kept me guessing.

Definitely - for well developed plot and character development, Killing kills WD hands down. I start yelling obscenities at the screen whenever the they stumble over the three-way thing, which is a lot. OK, it's not a true 3-way, but you know what I mean.

the comic > the tv show

OH MY GOD THE DRAMA! OH THE DRAMA! ACTING!!!

Seriously, it's a fuckin soap opera now. 35 minutes of intense dialogue, and 5 minutes of action.

I agree with all you guys, the show is pretty crappy, I watch though because Im a sucker for zombies. I;m starting to think zombies in general are pretty played out and have jumped the shark big time though.

There is a LONG list of things I could mention that I dont like about the show/dont seem beleiviable, some have already been mentioned, but that part that really gets me is there are no bad people. There are good living people and there are zombies, there are no bad people. Anyone who has grown up not under a rock knows that if the SHTF no matter how bad it gets there will be plenty of people just looking to rob steal rape pillage and murder, and the complete absence of anyone like that makes it seem like a fairly tail.

Also, by all rights these people should die. They have awful discipline, consistently make horrible decisions, and are just wandering around aimlessly. Watch, in the next episode they are going to forsake that nice peaceful isolated ranch to pointlessly wander towards Ft Bragg which will be overrun anyways.

Also, for how few survivors there are, there also seems to be incredibly few zombies.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    OH MY GOD THE DRAMA! OH THE DRAMA! ACTING!!!

Seriously, it's a fuckin soap opera now. 35 minutes of intense dialogue, and 5 minutes of action.
    have you read any of the comics?
    thats what they are, its about the interaction of people with the breakdown of society. the zombies are just a setpiece and a way to set things up more or less. sure there is zombie killing and people dieing but this isn't a war against zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    thats what they are, its about the interaction of people with the breakdown of society. the zombies are just a setpiece and a way to set things up more or less. sure there is zombie killing and people dieing but this isn't a war against zombies.
    Tsk Tsk...you are expecting people to think and attempt to relate to a fictional story? How dare you, this is 'MURICA!

I like the show, and I like the "build up" to what is potentially coming.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    Yes, but not that thoroughly. There have been some very major diversions from the comic series so far that that make it hard to tell what's from the comic and what's a contrived emmy performance. I get it that it isn't world war z, it isn't an action series and it does have ongoing character development, just it seems like too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Yes, but not that thoroughly. There have been some very major diversions from the comic series so far that that make it hard to tell what's from the comic and what's a contrived emmy performance. I get it that it isn't world war z, it isn't an action series and it does have ongoing character development, just it seems like too much.
    Thats the thing though, WWZ might have been short and a bit more action based but i found myself caring about the characters a lot more. For whatever reason, I kind of just want to see the entire cast of the walking dead get ripped to shreds by the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    there were helicopter in the season preview, I want to know whats up the helicopters. And what was the CDC guy secret?

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Tsk Tsk...you are expecting people to think and attempt to relate to a fictional story? How dare you, this is 'MURICA!

Puhlease...stop it with the I'm smarter than those who only want to see zombie killing...no one would be complaining about the lack of action if the writers and actors put any effort into the dramatic parts of the story.

Either give us well written and acted scenes that develop the characters and the story or give us rampant zombie killing...right now this show delivers on neither. It certainly is not living up to its potential. And this has nothing to do with those of us who are complaining not being able to think and relate to a fictional story

that being said this episode was a step in the right direction - at least the emotion displayed by the characters made sense and was sustained for longer than 3 seconds

The graphic novels are totally worth reading!

You want bad people...!? hold on!... I bet they bring out "the Govenor" towards the end of the season. The most evil creepy motherfucker to have ever been invented.

Watch the Talking Dead on after the show, Kirkman answers alot of the questuions mentioned here. Sometimes it will be like the comics and other times it won't. he wants to keep people guessing. Yes this week was tame but, he said, they will more than make up for it.

<<SPOILER?>> If it's anything like the comics most of these folks will be dying...

Anyone notice the bag of blue meth? a little shout out to their Breakin-Bad friends.