Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    maybe re watch...The Wire
    Do it. Doooo it. We did recently and the show is still so fucking good and relevant.

Bro the show jumped the shark years ago

Its the apocalypse, several years in, and people are still:
    driving around everywhere. unlimited, unseparated gasoline somehow.
    shaving, trimming their beards, and doing their hair on the reg.
    shooting full auto whenever/wherever possible. unlimited ammo somehow. despite the show pretending like ammo shortages are actually an issue
    using walkie talkies and flashlights constantly. unlimited batteries/recharging

The story is soooo fucking slow and some (most?) parts of it are just so asinine as to be actually insulting to the viewers. I'm glad I broke the habit of watching this show on sunday nights. Sucks that Game of Thrones has such a short season/is over soon. Might have to cue up some old classics on Sunday nights instead, maybe re watch the Sopranos or The Wire or Breaking Bad
    so true. I had a literal argument with one of my best friends over this a few years back. I refused to watch it. Give it a chance, character development , blah blah...it sucks. He's an architect , I studied business and communication and know a bit about how shows and movies are made.
    He wouldn't change the channel, so I bailed.
    It's an old joke now, Willy won't do Walking Dead. Luckily, I never got into Game of Thrones and need to watch from the beginning.
    Same with Sopranos, I've seen a bunch but still find episodes I missed.
    Something about our culture getting wrapped around a show so we can all kibbitz on monday. I like to think it irks people when I say I don't watch it.
    OMG !!! but, it's SOOOO GOOOOD.
    I was too tired from skiing all weekend. I was reading a book. I fell asleep after 60 Minutes.

There's so much good stuff now, it's hard to watch every movie, every great show.
    Stoked for the Shape of Water tonight. Star Wars next week, bunch of stuff in the pipeline..Altered Carbon.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

It's been a tragicomedy for several seasons just like Sons of Anarchy. So much BS with the whole Rick vs Negan scene. Now the Mullet has Negan, you know he'll escape this somehow so he doesn't miss the meeting Wyatt [Rick] at the OK Corral for the final showdown.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Altered Carbon, other than a slow period before the final stretch was really good. Amazing CGI work
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It's been a tragicomedy for several seasons just like Sons of Anarchy. So much BS with the whole Rick vs Negan scene. Now the Mullet has Negan, you know he'll escape this somehow so he doesn't miss the meeting Wyatt [Rick] at the OK Corral for the final showdown.
    Friggin Sons of Anarchy....I wanna like it, I do. Another soap opera, with bikers and violence. It's watchable but it ain't no Breaking BAd. There were lots of great Dexter episodes for years, too. When I saw the pilot, I laughed. That's a show ? Really ? Goes to show ya, great writing makes the difference. Even Shameless cracks me up. US of Tara was a good binge watch. Take out the melodrama and replace it with good writing and you can make a show about anything...or a show about "nothing". What's UP with That ???!!!
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    How long have you sat there thinking: how much of this crap do I have to suffer through before I get some decent zombie action ? Waaaaay too long. Like a bad marriage knowing there's plenty of ladies that would fuck your brains out and make you laugh, yet you won't change the channel. So many other things to watch that are so much more fun. Netflix, American Horror story is soon. I'd rather watch Zombieland over and over
    I mostly fast forward to the killing or fighting scenes.
    I just can't tolerate a full episode anymore. I'm constantly hoping everyone gets turned. I'm now on the side of the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    There's so much good stuff now, it's hard to watch every movie, every great show.
    Tough times, eh? What a world we live in. The sheer amount of entertainment out there is unreal. If you didn't have to work and had no life, you could watch tv every second of every day for the rest of your life and couldn't come close to scratching the surface. I have too many books to read. Too many movies to watch. Makes feel a bit less bad about giving up on shows I'm just not that into.

I think I watched the for the last time
    Fuck Grimes and Fuck Negan and every stupid fight scene in between

They lost me. What was once good writing has become predictable and geared for that coma-con audience

I used to not fall asleep while watching. I'm slowly turning into a zombie from the boredom.

The Walking Dead on AMC

Jesus Christ. The gun fight scenes have turned into every episode of A Team.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dontcha know, bullets are unlimited in the apocalypse! So is fully automatic military grade hardware. No old bolt action rifles or anything, all full auto ARs AKs and FALs.

what else has happened? Is Neagen dead yet? Or are they saving that showdown for the completely predictable season finale?

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post

Finale predictions: Negan pops up chomping a cigar and says "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Or Rick water ski jumps over a zombie shark.

Or Jadis sits alone in a diner, with a jukebox playing "don't stop believing," and the door opens, and she looks up to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Or Jadis sits alone in a diner, with a jukebox playing "don't stop believing," and the door opens, and she looks up to see...
    Bobcat Goldthwait
    screaming "what the hell is going on"

Dontcha know, bullets are unlimited in the apocalypse! So is fully automatic military grade hardware. No old bolt action rifles or anything, all full auto ARs AKs and FALs.

what else has happened? Is Neagen dead yet? Or are they saving that showdown for the completely predictable season finale?

Nothing. Nothing has happened.

This season is the last one I will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post

I think this was a hell of a lot more entertaining...and realistic.

The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Bobcat Goldthwait
    screaming "what the hell is going on"
    I might start watching again if Shakes was introduced in a major role. And killed Rick. And ate his heart. While he was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I might start watching again if Shakes was introduced in a major role. And killed Rick. And ate his heart. While he was still alive.
    LoL
    That would shake things up

So.. . Sunday night! Another episode I didnt watch.
    What are those of us who bailed on this show missing?? Whats happened since Carl got bit?? last episode I watched

Carl got bit???

I lost the show since last year...

Awesome farcical show last night, a laugh provided during every segment. Rick and Morgan get caught, tied up and are about to get shot when a herd drops by and with a little aid get loose, avoid teh walkers and kill all 6-8 of their captors. Trash Mullet has Negan tied on a sled but he is able to pull himself on his heels to grab a gun and light a flare from a supply she left near him while getting a walker on a cart to eat his face.. He uses the flare to threaten to burn TMs photos of her tribe/family that he killed while she begs him not to. She charges at him pushing the cart and at 10-12' misses every shot with the semi auto pistol.As surprising as it may be Negan runs out of bullets and TM gets the flair away and lights another one to burn Lucile.
    Negan cries about how he named his barbed wire skull crusher after his wife and for some crazy reason know only by the producers, TM lets him go. He starts his return to his crew to plot the next two episodes of plot twists that are coming as we near the next "final confrontation".
    Oh yea, almost forgot about the helicopter that was coming to pick TM up that she missed whilst pardoning Negan.

It's a laughable black comedy and kinda funny when watched as one.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

The Walking Dead on AMC

Did everybody turn into super heros in this show?
    Before the apocalypse, everybody was ordinary everyday folks??

Here we go...let’s see if we can salvage this season with at least a good finale.

Kind of curious how the season finale is

Seems like you really only need to watch the season premiere/finale of this show anymore anyhow

Eugeeene!

Rick only runs out of bullets when he is about to kill Negan. Big fight coming up! lol
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime