Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Don't worry, Gimble promises next season will be much better.....

Giddy up boys and girls. Gonna pretend this show didnt jump the shark like 3 seasons ago and try and get back into it

Season 8. Here we go

WTF. They spend all this time talking about how all they got to do is kill Negan and the war is over. Then, when they have 50 guns pointed at Negan, they just let him stand up there and talk shit for ten minutes? Rick intends to kill Negan. He wants to kill Negan, right? Rick has a clean shot on Negan (for about ten minutes). Watch Rick spray fire 20 rounds into the wall high above his head. How can these people who can consistently pistol shoot zombies between the eyes at 200 feet miss every person on that platform with all those rifles?? WTF? This show makes less and less sense each time I return to it. That confrontation scene was one of the strangest and stupidest moments in the show. Weak.

the actual plan wasn't to kill Negan. They just wanted to make Negan's home really drafty so he would be so uncomfortable he would leave.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    WTF. They spend all this time talking about how all they got to do is kill Negan and the war is over. Then, when they have 50 guns pointed at Negan, they just let him stand up there and talk shit for ten minutes? Rick intends to kill Negan. He wants to kill Negan, right? Rick has a clean shot on Negan (for about ten minutes). Watch Rick spray fire 20 rounds into the wall high above his head. How can these people who can consistently pistol shoot zombies between the eyes at 200 feet miss every person on that platform with all those rifles?? WTF? This show makes less and less sense each time I return to it. That confrontation scene was one of the strangest and stupidest moments in the show. Weak.
    Yeah I said the same thing. They can snipe out zombies/guards with headshots from hundreds of yards away, but with a clean look from about 25 yards away with automatic weapons, they can't even manage to wound ONE. SINGLE. PERSON.

I love how Daryl draws the walkers - who manage to somehow more or less keep up with him ON A MOTORCYCLE while very slowly shuffling along. Or how about the never ending ammo supply? Apparently, ammo just grows on trees in the apocalypse.

This show requires a suspension of belief more and more to enjoy it which is why I have harder and harder time enjoying it.

It's been a month since the last comment on this thread... sounds like everyone else has mostly given up on the show like I have. The last few episodes have been horribly unbelievable, it seems like they're grasping at straws. It's still an entertaining show, but the plot and characters seem to have gone to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It's been a month since the last comment on this thread... sounds like everyone else has mostly given up on the show like I have. The last few episodes have been horribly unbelievable, it seems like they're grasping at straws. It's still an entertaining show, but the plot and characters seem to have gone to shit.
    They are trying to milk an 8 episode run that should probably only take 3 episodes.
    You should have been here yesterday!

soap opera with zombies, not enough zombie action....lame. I'm stoked on Norman Reedus aka Darryl and his moto show ...check out the one with with dave chappelle or peter fonda, good shit, no lame drama
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Is anybody still watching this horrible show?

Tonight was the last straw for me. I kept giving it one more chance, one more chance (mainly because there wasn't much else on Sunday night) but I'm done. Last episode, the Sanctuary was overrun by a huge horde of zombies. Then, in the very next episode, ALL of the saviors had not only escaped that impossible situation, but did it unharmed and got all their guns and vehicles out. And the explanation for how they accomplished that? "Euguene". Thats it. Just, "Eugene". What a fucking insult to loyal viewers to end that situation and have the tables totally turned with the lamest non-explanation possible. Fuck the writers on this show, and fuck this show. I'm done

Edit: oh, and don't even get me started on the Carl ending to the story. Carl somehow, despite being behind the walls of Alexandria where there were NO ZOMBIES, shows up with a prominent zombie bite... I can't even

good-bye TWD, and thanks for a good ~4 seasons.

Absolutely the shittiest shit show ever. FU

Send an e-mail to AMC telling them so.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

Tonight was the last straw for me. I kept giving it one more chance, one more chance (mainly because there wasn't much else on Sunday night) but I'm done. Last episode, the Sanctuary was overrun by a huge horde of zombies. Then, in the very next episode, ALL of the saviors had not only escaped that impossible situation, but did it unharmed and got all their guns and vehicles out. And the explanation for how they accomplished that? "Euguene". Thats it. Just, "Eugene". What a fucking insult to loyal viewers to end that situation and have the tables totally turned with the lamest non-explanation possible. Fuck the writers on this show, and fuck this show. I'm done

Edit: oh, and don't even get me started on the Carl ending to the story. Carl somehow, despite being behind the walls of Alexandria where there were NO ZOMBIES, shows up with a prominent zombie bite... I can't even

While I don’t disagree with almost all of what you say, the bite on Carl happened when he was out helping that other guy he had living in the sewers (freeing their souls).

That was a few episodes ago, but in “show time” it was yesterday.

I haven't watched since the mid season premiere a couple months ago. Looks like I'm not missing much. I was watching out of routine but now the show sounds like it's jumped the shark. What a shame, it was so good for so many season.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    That was a few episodes ago, but in “show time” it was yesterday.
    Kind of points to some of the problems here. Stretching out a day or two of "action" into an entire season is dragging down the storytelling and making this a snooze. Also confusing to keep track of overlapping timelines (I'm sure they're going to go back to what happened with Eugene in the "mid-season premiere") for no apparent dramatic benefit.

Their entire plan depended on keeping the Saviors trapped but they didn't have anyone watching the Sanctuary? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    fucking unbelievable, this is a fucking chick's show with gore. can't get over how bad this past week was. really dude, you had to cut your hand off. weak sauce, too bad. it could have been, much better. think 'The Road'; not 'Grey's Anatomy'. keep the storyline simple and just fuck shit up, and it's a good show. hard to wanna keep watching this over dramatic bullshit.
    From the second page of this thread.
    Just sayin is all.
    I told y'all this show sucks!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Scott Gimple thinks he is smarter and more creative than he really is. Problem is, everyone around him believes the same. They're too busy sucking his dick to tell him his stories are shit. I watched part of the Talking Dead and he had to play coy, like there was going to be some big mystery if CORRALL was going to die. My wife was a huge fan of this show, but last night she is close to shutting it off. She was willing to let pass the stupid plot holes, but we were waiting for the BIG death that was promised, and it never happened. It would have been satisfying and dramatic if Rick had to put a bullet in his son's head to close out the episode, but noooo. Gimple thinks dragging this shit out like JR Ewing makes for great story telling. Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Kind of points to some of the problems here. Stretching out a day or two of "action" into an entire season is dragging down the storytelling and making this a snooze. Also confusing to keep track of overlapping timelines (I'm sure they're going to go back to what happened with Eugene in the "mid-season premiere") for no apparent dramatic benefit.

Their entire plan depended on keeping the Saviors trapped but they didn't have anyone watching the Sanctuary? WTF.
    Yes I agree with you 100%. Just saying what their "excuse" was for people being confused about Carl getting bit. They are trying too hard to stretch out material.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

I had actually given up on the show last year but the wife still watches so I've been looking in on the recent episodes and had the same reaction as you...how the fuck did these guys go from hopelessly trapped to running around all over town like nothing ever happened? I guess when you consider that the whole premise of the show is based on the idea that a bunch of mindless zombies are wandering the countryside eating any other living creature they can find despite the fact that they don't consume water, a shortcoming that would render them all harmless within a fairly short period of time it's also possible to consider that in a drunken stupor Eugene came up with a miraculous plan to build some sort of Star Trek like teleportation device for Negan and his buddies.
    The Sheriff is near!

It's a soap opera with an occasional zombie or two. Complete fail

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app

Norman Reedus AKA Daryl has a great show about motorcycles

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Eugene came up with a miraculous plan to build some sort of Star Trek like teleportation device for Negan and his buddies.
    Ohhhhhh that explains it all! Makes perfect sense..

My wife stopped watching several episodes ago when the huge tiger was overwhelmed somehow by super slow and weak walkers. I have had a harder time kicking the addiction, but I think I've reached my point. Although I am glad that Carl is finally gonna die... I'm sure they'll drag that out for an intolerable amount of time though, much like how long they teased out Glenn's death. Fuck you Scott Gimple

Dragging the Negan battle out for another season was as predictable as it was disappointing.

In a drunk conversation with a friend, we decided that we're in for the long haul. The show has sucked since season 2. The acting has never been good, the story stalls for entire seasons, the plot is full of holes. Nothing new under the perpetually hot, makin' Rick sweat, Georgia sun.

It is funny that a major character like Carl can be facing death, and I don't really give a shit. I think I could say the same for all the characters.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 12-12-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Just started watching episode 2 of season 8. The timeline jumps are indeed annoying.

I don’t buy that Carl is going to die!

Probably not ^^ but if he did Rick might pull his head out of his ass and get the story moving again. Nah unpossible.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime