Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alta hata.JPG 
Views:	466 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	148605

this thread: legends of the fall!!!!!!!
    More like "legend of the fail"

Bunch of crybaby snowboarders suing alta... someone's gonna be getting dog shit under their Audi's door handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    [...]Bunch of crybaby snowboarders suing alta... someone's gonna be getting dog shit under their Audi's door handle.
    First you axe me out then this ^? Take it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    First you axe me out then this ^? Take it back!
    Hahaha. I want a divorce, and I'm taking alta in the settlement!
    get paid

Hahaha. I want a divorce, and I'm taking alta in the settlement!
    Hilarious!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Just a bump reminder of the douchebag brand of skiers that are beginning a slow death…..in court and not on their terms….you had the chance to do it like Aspen…now you will be nationally fucked…no one cares about your under the table deal with the USFS….
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I honestly don't give a shit about the snowboarders argument, have fun at Alta trying to traverse on a board. I'm a skier, and Alta is a pretty great resort, but seriously, fuck the people there. Nothing pisses me off more than getting there at 8am on a pow day and having 30 pairs of skis in front of you in line and not a single person in sight.

That is a bullshit rule...

I've never heard of that flying anywhere else. Go ahead and Take a piss, smoke a bowl, roam around and talk with your buddies, but go inside for a Leisurely sit-down breakfast?!! You'd come back and find your skis on fire at most places.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Just a bump reminder of the douchebag brand of skiers that are beginning a slow death…..in court and not on their terms….you had the chance to do it like Aspen…now you will be nationally fucked…no one cares about your under the table deal with the USFS….
    You're pretty worked up about this, huh?
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by WSMFskiing View Post
    I honestly don't give a shit about the snowboarders argument, have fun at Alta trying to traverse on a board. I'm a skier, and Alta is a pretty great resort, but seriously, fuck the people there. Nothing pisses me off more than getting there at 8am on a pow day and having 30 pairs of skis in front of you in line and not a single person in sight.
    seriously, that whole situation soured me on Alta from day one.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I like that rule. So I can just stay up late and put my skis out, then go to bed, sleep late, eat breakfast, roll up at 8:55, click in and grab first chair. Cool. Good to know.

Actually, it would be pretty fun putting a snowboard out there.

Honestly, Alta is the las place I would want to snowboard. Way too many flats. But hey, most gumbies are too dim to figure that stuff out. Can you imagine the renal abuse once the traverse lines start looking like fans as they do almost anywhere else.

You're pretty worked up about this, huh?
    No, but it sure is funny seeing that brand of douche squirm.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    No, but it sure is funny seeing that brand of douche squirm.

That's what makes your little Tirades so pathetic... Nobody here is "squirming"....that's just you wildly flapping your arms as you try to ride your lunch tray down the slope.

If you actually think the Courts are going to rule in your favor than you're dumber then we ever imagined ...and that's sayin' sumthin'.

I'd even be willing to make a healthy wager with you on the courts decision. $100?
    get paid

The whole thing is so stupid

That's what makes your little Tirades so pathetic... Nobody here is "squirming"....that's just you wildly flapping your arms as you try to ride your lunch tray down the slope.

If you actually think the Courts are going to rule in your favor than you're dumber then we ever imagined ...and that's sayin' sumthin'.

I'd even be willing to make a healthy wager with you on the courts decision. $100?
    On Sunday we were on supreme until 4:00 and were working back to the front. The traverse from the top of the high speed back to Collins was closed for blasting, so we had to drop down and around the base. About 30-35 minutes skating on skis. That would have been brutal on a board. High traverse would be so bad with intermediate boarders. The flat area between supreme and the base of the high speed would be unbearable on my board. Snow bird has the same terrain and has board access that is so much better. Why have this fight?

I want some of that action as well. Times ten get people fired boy?

Claim was denied in court, snowboarders could not prove discrimination

http://news.yahoo.com/forest-backs-s...--finance.html

"Even if Plaintiffs established that they are similar to skiers and have been treated differently, they have failed to show that the federal defendants' treatment of them was irrational," Forest Service lawyers wrote.

My favorite part
    The Forest Service said it agrees with Alta that the way snowboarders slide down the slopes is a legitimate safety concern for skiers. In a filing last week, Alta attorneys explained that skiers find the slopes at Alta more peaceful, safe and enjoyable because they don't have to worry about being hit by snowboarders whose sideways stance leaves them with a blind spot that can make their wide, sweeping turns a danger to others on the slopes.

"These differences create safety concerns that can be avoided or minimized by not allowing snowboarders," Forest Service lawyers wrote in the new filing.

Alta is one of 120 ski resorts that has a permit to use Forest Service land, the court brief says. The agency's lawyers say they are aware of Alta's snowboarding prohibition but argue the agency was not part of the decision to enact the ban and does not make a profit from it.

Based on a congressionally mandated formula, Alta paid the Forest Service between $305,000 and $474,000 each of the past five years. That represents less than 1 percent of the Forest Service's annual budget, their attorneys said.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    High traverse would be so bad with intermediate boarders. The flat area between supreme and the base of the high speed would be unbearable on my board.
    gotta agree ,the few small flats at the bird ,always have poor sloggin souls;think of those flats 5x longer ,and thats the Mambo.No less ,the high T would be collision city w boarders 'thrown 'in the high speed gauntlett..it would be like "Chinese Crosshill"
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Now look for other resorts leasing land to assume this business model!! My prediction is one of the Aspen resorts looking to distinguish themselves and attract more dentists!

sad part is Liberal,Osama ' Judges ' may rule f the Gay boarders ,if ' they' wanna Fuckin' Marry each other at Alta!
    Last edited by baron; 04-08-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Claim was denied in court, snowboarders could not prove discrimination
    Eh, no. Court hasn't ruled yet. You were quoting the Forest Service's brief, in support of its motion to dismiss.

^ it is normal and typical for a defendant to defend their interests when being sued.

Alta's ban on snowboarding - rationale:

"These differences create safety concerns that can be avoided or minimized by not allowing snowboarders," Forest Service lawyers wrote in the new filing.

evidence:

<<INSERT EVIDENCE HERE>>

What will Alta and the USFS say when the judge asks for data to support their policy? All the supporting evidence I've seen is anecdotal turds similar to what you see here http://unofficialnetworks.com/shit-a...s-feel-107837/. The data publicly available suggest Alta's reasoning is factually inaccurate and if anything increases the risk its skiers face.

Maybe the more important question is - if snowboarders pose such a hazard to skiers, why does nearly every other resort in the world not protect its skiers similarly? Is Alta irrational, or effectively the rest of the world's ski operators?

the safety thing is bull shit - alta not allowing boarders is not - lol

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    gotta agree ,the few small flats at the bird ,always have poor sloggin souls;think of those flats 5x longer ,and thats the Mambo.No less ,the high T would be collision city w boarders 'thrown 'in the high speed gauntlett..it would be like "Chinese Crosshill"
    I think it's stupid Alta doesnt allow borders but dont care enough about the issue to pick up a pitchfork over it. Having said that, the "there's so many traverses!" logic is kinda stupid, because people who are good at snowboarding will get out to High Boy without issue while people who are not good will have a rough time. And that is exactly the same as what already happens with skiers now: people who are not good at skiing clog up the works and everyone else dodges around them while trying to carry their speed.

The amount of wasted $ and breath to drum up drama over how snowboarders are a protected class, plus the nazi stickers, klansman stickers, ect... god, I hope I never have to share a chairlift with those hyperbole-prone blowhard fun-sponges. Can Alta lift the ban on snowboarding and replace it with a ban on douchebags?