Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I'de like to thank you all for inspiring my new bumper sticker

$5 Paypal. PM me if you want one.
    Last edited by TheMessenger; 10-29-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeskier428 View Post
    The lifts are already in the right places.
    They certainly are. Sometimes at other hills (I'm looking at you solitude) I think how they could eliminate about half their lifts, keep costs down, and preserve the snow, if they took the alta approach and put in one lift to each ridge, leaving you to traverse to all of the skiing off that ridge.
    Nothing would fuck up alta worse than more lifts.

as for the "alta is for nazis" shit, some people need to just get on with their lives.

btw not all snowboarders suck at traverses.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by DeeAre View Post
    btw not all snowboarders suck at traverses.
    i've met one. johngcrist, that'd be you.

To snowboarders on this board: I wish even 50% of snowboarders rode like I imagine 95% of you on this board do, but the reality is, probably 5% of all snowboarders ride like you. I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings here, cause I don't think it applies to most if any of you, but the snowboard population is ridden with incompetent punk-ass kooks fucking up the flow of a mountain screaming "RA RA GNAR BRO" heelsliding down a perfectly good pow covered chute and sitting in the middle of traverses while you're trying to maintain speed to get through the high sections. Now, I know there are JONGS of the highest order on two planks, but in general, their riding trends and regular nuances tend to be much different than that of a newbie boarding kook. I'm not sticking you guys in this generalization, because the snowboarders I ski with fucking rip, and I imagine most of you ride just as well.

So enough of the dickwaving around here, cause in reality, the beef skiers and management at alta have with snowboarders has little to do with competent riders like most of you.

I think Advres said it best in his quote that went something like this: "As a snowboarder, I fucking hate snowboarders in general."

Well, when I go to Alta and I book a room, I will use the name Joe Smith

if they find out I am a Jew, will I be restricted to certain trails?

WHITE POWDER!!! WHITE POWDER!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    To snowboarders on this board: I wish even 50% of snowboarders rode like I imagine 95% of you on this board do, but the reality is, probably 5% of all snowboarders ride like you. I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings here, cause I don't think it applies to most if any of you, but the snowboard population is ridden with incompetent punk-ass kooks fucking up the flow of a mountain screaming "RA RA GNAR BRO" heelsliding down a perfectly good pow covered chute and sitting in the middle of traverses while you're trying to maintain speed to get through the high sections. Now, I know there are JONGS of the highest order on two planks, but in general, their riding trends and regular nuances tend to be much different than that of a newbie boarding kook. I'm not sticking you guys in this generalization, because the snowboarders I ski with fucking rip, and I imagine most of you ride just as well.

So enough of the dickwaving around here, cause in reality, the beef skiers and management at alta have with snowboarders has little to do with competent riders like most of you.

I think Advres said it best in his quote that went something like this: "As a snowboarder, I fucking hate snowboarders in general."
    cool story bro

Know what makes for good pow skiing? Undouched freshies.

So how would adding a ton more people on snowboards benefit the place?

Alta is about skiing pow, and it's pretty damn refreshing they haven't sold out for the mighty dollar out of respect for great skiing.

Thanks Alta.

Alta ain't for not-skis

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings here
    You are in the wrong place bro.... this is TGR!

Keep up the hatred fellas its only been 25 years...
    I cant wait till Alta caves and lets me on the hill, I will bring out my 1990's gear and attitude and utterly make your skiin' asses miserable, I will offend families slid-slip everything and probably vandalize a bunch of shit!

Additionally how the F**K does someone have 14,444 posts!?!
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDelfuego View Post
    You are in the wrong place bro.... this is TGR!

Keep up the hatred fellas its only been 25 years...
    I cant wait till Alta caves and lets me on the hill, I will bring out my 1990's gear and attitude and utterly make your skiin' asses miserable, I will offend families slid-slip everything and probably vandalize a bunch of shit!

Additionally how the F**K does someone have 14,444 posts!?!
    I get paid to post here, I thought that was common knowledge.

And I'm sure Alta wants people like you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    And I'm sure Alta wants people like you there.
    Their gonna get people like me.... sooner or later.

So keep up the shit talking
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Why exactly do I have to keep up. Is it a race? I'll bet you $100 dollars you cant keep up on the way down. Meet me in Silverton if you want to dick wave and I'll take your cash.
    so alta is for nazis but you don't have a problem with the $149 entrance fee to silverton for the bulk of the season? it seems to segregate the people that ski there.

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    so alta is for nazis but you don't have a problem with the $149 entrance fee to silverton for the bulk of the season? it seems to segregate the people that ski there.
    $149? is that the guided price now?

I could really care less about Alta, I just like to irritate all the smug bro brahs. If the wasatch is anything like the front range I'm not interested. I like the mellow vibe in our little corner of the world.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

but I will take their money if they want to come strut their stuff. This fat man can fly...

"a yin without a yang"

gunit130 Guest
    but I will take their money if they want to come strut their stuff. This fat man can fly...
    Always figured you for a chub.

more like a cherub.

"a yin without a yang"

Hugh Conway Guest
    more like a cherub.
    I think you confused putti and puta.

Know what makes for good pow skiing? Undouched freshies.

So how would adding a ton more people on snowboards benefit the place?

Alta is about skiing pow, and it's pretty damn refreshing they haven't sold out for the mighty dollar out of respect for great skiing.

Thanks Alta.
    I do think snowboarders could beat down the all the little bumps that form over there!

Over at snowbird the bumps get rounded and so easy to ski.

The real danger at Alta is the traverses! If you don't put on a hustle you will find a line-up of self righteous know-it-alls behind you who aren't afraid to harass the slower folk. Those are the Alta Nazis alright!

Assuming that attitude will never go away, I don't think it's such a good idea to add lazy snowboarders to the mix, none of whom have a clue (or the ability) about how to traverse.

Plus, there's no snowboard park at Alta - so why do they even want to go there in the first place?

Maybe they would put an extra lift in the right places?
    See, Snowboarders aren't allowed at Alta but they are already whining about changing shit.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's some funny shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And for all those who think a boycott will make a difference, get a clue. Alta is a cult. There are way too many families who have an annual Alta tradition for any boycott to get traction.
    FYI - 10 years ago you couldn't get an Alta pass unless your name was on "the list" and if you weren't on that list there was a lottery waiting list to get any open spots that appeared on "the list".

They quit doing that 5+ years ago because the demand went away. Something about families preferring to ski together...

tons of traverses, flat spots, and hike outs, all for about 8 glorious pow turns on one half of your first run? what is so awesome about that? haha, i think i'll pass.

i'll be skiing the steeps at snowbird, while you feel awesome for traversing all day and working for turns, AFTER having bought a lift ticket. and then you can add to your awesomeness by bashing anyone who doesn't know how to traverse properly (because skiers are just as bad).

i don't think alta is for nazi's, alta is for cults, and i can't wait til someone slips me the kool-aid.
    Last edited by donkeykong; 10-29-2010 at 06:14 PM.