Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Way back off topic. When I patrolled in Utah we called the locals the Powder Nazis.

Some of them may have skied at Alta so, there ya go.

I think this entire thing is silly, but it does appear to me that if the Knuckledraggers prevail then it opens the way for Mtn Bikers to sue for equal protection to pursue our right to access areas that have been closed to us.
    Luckily Steve doesn't have the snow to justify an alpine start so he can stay up all night writing amicus briefs.

"Once the government decides what it’s going to do, they don’t get to decide what kind of people they like," Schofield said in his rebuttal arguments.

"You say kind of people like it’s an immutable characteristic?" Judge Phillips asked.

"There are many people that snowboarder is who they are, how they identify,"
    I am inclined at first to say that since Alta is a business and has a business permit (ie FS lease) that they have expressly limited in the permit to a SKI area and therefore that the boarder lawsuit stands no chance in hell.

But then this whole "identify" term used by the plaintiff's attorney makes me think - yeah maybe it is a bit like sexual orientation ala Transexual. Yes boarders who won't ski at Alta physically could ski, but Transexuals born male could physically be men and physically penetrate women with their cocks, but they don't IDENTIFY as male so they get full rights to change their appearance and for all purposes instead be women. Maybe snowboarding is sort of the same and we should just let them board, just like we let men become women.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    But then this whole "identify" term used by the plaintiff's attorney makes me think - yeah maybe it is a bit like sexual orientation ala Transexual. Yes boarders who won't ski at Alta physically could ski, but Transexuals born male could physically be men and physically penetrate women with their cocks, but they don't IDENTIFY as male so they get full rights to change their appearance and for all purposes instead be women. Maybe snowboarding is sort of the same and we should just let them board, just like we let men become women.
    Zoolander wasn't an ambi-turner and some of us aren't ambi-snow sliders.

People who want to experience Alta are not being kept from doing that. They just need to leave their Board at home and Ski.

See how easy that is?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

People who want to experience Alta are not being kept from doing that. They just need to leave their Board at home and Ski.

See how easy that is?
    Yeah but by that logic transexuals could just keep their penises and be men. They don't IDENTIFY as skiers

What if they are female Trannies? how can they ever keep their penis?

I guess those transsexual boarders will just have to suck it up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Lemme just take two decades of snowboarding experience and just transpose it in my muscle memory to fit skiing.

People who want to experience Alta are not being kept from doing that. They just need to get a splitboard and shut the f*** up b/c post-closure conditions are generally pretty good for a while. Otherwise, accept it and rent a pair of skis.
    fify

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Lemme just take two decades of snowboarding experience and just transpose it in my muscle memory to fit skiing.
    ifin it weren't for the words of the wise mr. w miller
    "if ya don't do it this season
    you'll only be a year older when ya do"
    i'd still be in chitown
    my freeheeled og touring partner who rips harder than i ever will
    was a boarder and someone ganked his splitter from the silver fork hood
    and he never replaced it
    granted he dialed it in at the goldminers school of ski your ass off
    he actuallly lived w/ a maggot 13 sumthin that season
    lookin forward to spinnin a bcc lap or 2 w/ ya this season
    reguadless of gear
    solis a fairly board friendly especially if fants open
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

won't be quite as fast but the split is good for keeping up on ib/ob days. Lift only and no problems, got a newish gigi ruf directional that is a blast to ride. I don't ride park much and love the trees, aesthetic lines more than # of laps. I've toured around the boundary of Soli but never been in bounds off a lift. Very excited to learn a new mountain and have the bc access that much faster. 12 years since the last season pass.

If you're any good at snowboarding you'll be ripping on skis pretty quickly. And once you learn how much more versitile and easier it is to get to the good stuff you'll never go back. Alta is doing you a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    If you're any good at snowboarding you'll be ripping on skis pretty quickly. And once you learn how much more versitile and easier it is to get to the good stuff you'll never go back. Alta is doing you a favor.
    gofundme? I'd like some of those carbon fiber 185/110s w some dynafit bindings/boots. The community reward is for me to cease commenting on matters of Alta.

gofundme? I'd like some of those carbon fiber 185/110s w some dynafit bindings/boots. The community reward is for me to cease commenting on matters of Alta.
    Get the UL 187 Praxis GPO with the special wood veneer top sheets, around $800 now, a hair over 4lbs a ski. If my wife wouldn't kill me... those + Ion 12s ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I can rip one plank or two. The only time pushing 6-8lbs of boots, binders, misery sticks, and skins on each foot is easier than soft boots in MSRs is on some downhill.
    I don't have a lot of experience skinning downhill though, or with shinbangers, so take my years of experience with how ever many grains you want.

won't be quite as fast but the split is good for keeping up on ib/ob days. Lift only and no problems, got a newish gigi ruf directional that is a blast to ride. I don't ride park much and love the trees, aesthetic lines more than # of laps. I've toured around the boundary of Soli but never been in bounds off a lift. Very excited to learn a new mountain and have the bc access that much faster. 12 years since the last season pass.
    That Gigi board is amazing. Enjoy.

Got stuck in the flats today in the feet of pow we got here (wind loading is sometimes good on low angle).... I
    stayed out of the skin track while I got back on track.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

penis

Penis-optional?
    Alta is for strap-ons. Maybe a wider strap-on, with a little early-rise in just the tip?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    deeeply profound jong
    icemanskisinajohnhiattstyle
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

my take away is snoreboarders are transgender, is Bruce Jenner in on this?
    watch out for snakes

Ol' Naziville was skiing pretty well today for November. Meanwhile the bird's big groomer looked like the white ribbon of jong death from the LCC road.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    my take away is snoreboarders are transgender, is Bruce Jenner in on this?
    Whoa, let's not go and insult transgender people by comparing them with slow boarders. It's 2015, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Ol' Naziville was skiing pretty well today for November. Meanwhile the bird's big groomer looked like the white ribbon of jong death from the LCC road.
    exactly. freedom of choice, is what we want! Devo.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

With all the hatred towards snowboarders in this thread, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Trump really does have a chance.
    Last edited by splitinbend; 11-23-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by splitinbend View Post
    With all the hatred towards snowboarders in this thread, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Trump really does have a chance.
    Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha.

Is this a Micro-aggression?

I konw that there is not a single snow boarder involved in this thread who actually cares what the law IS, or why it is that way. Nonetheless, it is what it is for some exceedingly good reasons that have to do with issues FAR weightier than whether you get to do business with a particular lift operating company, and if the law changed so that this ridiculous lawsuit were to be successful, it would screw up so many other things in the law, so at least take solace that you are suffering the denial of rights you never had, and being discirminate against in ways that absolutely do not matter, for the greater good. Then again, if the plaintiffs and their lawyers gave a rat's ass about the greater good, they wouldn't have brought this suit in the first place.