Kreitlers Bindings???

Does any one know what binding the blizzard kreitlers come with? I know that they came with a duke on some but others came with a blizzard branded din 6-17 binding. Does anyone know who made this binding for blizzard?
    Live forever or die in the attempt

Marker, made all. The Blizzard branded ones were often a marker step in heel and a geze modeled toe by Marker. Only made them for two years. I'm looking for a set.
    Driving to Targhee

I thought Kreitler was so core he just epoxied his boots to the skis
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I have a pair of kreitlers with the "The Blizzard branded ones were often a marker step in heel and a geze modeled toe by Marker" 14 din. Coolsti, yours break or something?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I have a pair of kreitlers with the "The Blizzard branded ones were often a marker step in heel and a geze modeled toe by Marker" 14 din. Coolsti, yours break or something?
    No, I have some IQ Dukes on a pair of Argos and I'd like to have the lighter alpine setup for swapping on inbound days. The standheight on the Blizzard IQ is less than the Marker TT5.14 IQ and considerably less than the IQ Duke. Or if I could find some tele adaptors I'd be set as well.
    Driving to Targhee

Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    Marker, made all. The Blizzard branded ones were often a marker step in heel and a geze modeled toe by Marker. Only made them for two years. I'm looking for a set.
    cooltsi, if you tell me how to put Salomon's on my Kreitlers, then I'll offer you my 6-17's.

They haven't arrived in the mail yet, and I haven't even fondled or assessed the mounting possibilities yet, so I am clueless for now.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    cooltsi, if you tell me how to put Salomon's on my Kreitlers, then I'll offer you my 6-17's.

I don't think you can due to the IQ rails.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    this ski has the same rail system rigged for regular bindings (not my work)->

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...highlight=zeus

Ha ha! not sure why anyone would do it, I think it was one of the cleverest things done in mounting technology in a while. One screw, any mount position, any bsl. Pretty good if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Agreed, Salomon pattern is wider than the 37mm slider, and the 1st-gen IQ rails outside that 37mm surely must conflict with Sally pattern. Looks like I'll be clicking into Markers.

From Blizzard:
    For 2010, Blizzard has introduced the new fully integrated IQ MAX System...The original IQ rails are placed at 37 mm wide and the new IQ Max rails are moved to 59 mm wide.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

The downside of the new setups for Blizzard is ,Im pretty sure, you cant mount the new with old and viceversa.

Vit. I - You can mount whatever you want (ie Salomons) on IQ skis if:

You have a plastic insert (like in the picture above). Cooltsi calls it the 'tele insert.'

You are willing to grind down the little raised rail along the edge of the IQ channel (just a tiny bit of cosmetic grinding required).

You get the right length scews for the mount. Screws that fall on the plastic insert have to be long to get to the core (like the screws used on S900's with the Drive+ plates) and normal lenght mounting screws where they fall dirrectly on the top sheet.

The skis pictured above (mine) were previously Kreitler's and he did this process to mount Marker20's. There is no reason this could not be done for a Salomon mount.
    Last edited by FigureEleven; 11-07-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by FigureEleven View Post
    Vit. I - You can mount whatever you want (ie Salomons) on IQ skis if:

You have a plastic insert (like in the picture above). Cooltsi calls it the 'tele insert.'

You are willing to grind down the little raised rail along the edge of the IQ channel (just a tiny bit of cosmetic grinding required).

You get the right length scews for the mount. Screws that fall on the plastic insert have to be long to get to the core (like the screws used on S900's with the Drive+ plates) and normal lenght mounting screws where they fall dirrectly on the top sheet.

The skis pictured above (mine) were previously Kreitler's and he did this process to mount Marker20's. There is no reason this could not be done for a Salomon mount.
    Thanks, FigureEleven. So I held my Salomon bindings up to the rails, and the Salomon hole pattern is quite wide for this trick. On each ski, 6 of 9 Salomon screws would go through signiificant rail material, and then might need to go down deeper into lower core for threads to bite solidly, not sure... I'm gonna let someone elese guinea pig that one first. I'll just try my new Blizzard IQ 6.17 bindings, and if they suck, maybe I'll drill for a narrower hole pattern like Jesters.