Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    that's awesome.
    Did he sneak it out, or directly confront him about it?
    Sneak.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    So does the detective get a link to this thread?
    That guy would have to really hate america to ruin this situation.

Man, I want to sneak in to someone's place that ripped of a mag and fuck their shit up! Right On!

Too bad he did not snap some pics through the window! Somehow rat this guy out to landlord, cops, neighbors, ebay, pay pal, the whole crew.

Wink

Single - that cop who called you and said he missed the drop... it was Ape Natural's big buddy.

There was no kid. There was no cat called Buttermilk.

Ape Natural was the Ebay buyer.

He's Nigerian. And he just traded you a lens that you already owned for a brand new pair of Moment Night Trains.

Elaborate, yes, but hey, he's a Nigerian scam artist.

Anyone else would have seen it coming a mile away
    Life is not lift served.

awesome. the only thing better would have been if Ape had swapped it with a similar box with a giant turd and a change for a nickel sticker on it. all done while wearing a POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Single - that cop who called you and said he missed the drop... it was Ape Natural's big buddy.

He's Nigerian. And he just traded you a lens that you already owned for a brand new pair of Moment Night Trains.

^^^Now THAT is funny!
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post

Did this bring to mind Kaiser Soze's mugshot finally rolling off the fax machine for anyone else? It all falls into place...
    I'm taking myself to a dirty part of town, where all my troubles can't be found...

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    awesome. the only thing better would have been if Ape had swapped it with a similar box with a giant turd and a change for a nickel sticker on it. all done while wearing a POV.
    FTW^ Damn hindsight.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Man, I want to sneak in to someone's place that ripped of a mag and fuck their shit up! Right On!

Too bad he did not snap some pics through the window! Somehow rat this guy out to landlord, cops, neighbors, ebay, pay pal, the whole crew.

I do have some snapshots of the backyard and front of the house... I won't post them up publicly but if anyone wants them over email or PM I can get them to you if you feel like some spam/hatemail is in order...

And to clarify a couple of things:

1) The cats name was biscuit (not a big deal but whatever)

2) The "kid in question was around 3 years old, sitting at the same kitchen table that the lens was on. He was watching the whole thing go down, but for some crazy ass reason he kept his mouth shut. My friend just walked in and was like, "hey man, what's up" and the kid just sat there and watched the whole thing go down while eating his cereal. The parents were in the house, but I think they were in the shower or something. Needless to say we just hauled ass out of there... And when I say haul ass I'm pretty sure I set some kind of world record for crutch galloping top speed.

Other than that the details are pretty much right on... I just wish I could've been there to see the confusion when they tried to figure out what the fuck happened to there lens... "I could've sworn I left it right on the kitchen table..." Bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Natural View Post

2) The "kid in question was around 3 years old, sitting at the same kitchen table that the lens was on. He was watching the whole thing go down, but for some crazy ass reason he kept his mouth shut. My friend just walked in and was like, "hey man, what's up" and the kid just sat there and watched the whole thing go down while eating his cereal. The parents were in the house, but I think they were in the shower or something. Needless to say we just hauled ass out of there... And when I say haul ass I'm pretty sure I set some kind of world record for crutch galloping top speed.
    No way. Holy crap dude, I hadn't heard this before. AWESOME.

2) The "kid in question was around 3 years old, sitting at the same kitchen table that the lens was on. He was watching the whole thing go down, but for some crazy ass reason he kept his mouth shut. My friend just walked in and was like, "hey man, what's up" and the kid just sat there and watched the whole thing go down while eating his cereal.
    The kid probably sees this happen all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

So glad I keep clicking on this thread.
    A reenactment needs to make it into someone's movie this year.

Maggots r00l! For a photo JONG, what is a lens like that worth?
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    About a grand.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Before someone puts two and two together, I didnt pay 675 for the night trains. I just used someone elses paypal and scammed some stupid kid on ebay. Told him I was on business, etc.

Unfortunately I did have to pay shipping though.

The "kid in question was around 3 years old, sitting at the same kitchen table that the lens was on. He was watching the whole thing go down, but for some crazy ass reason he kept his mouth shut. My friend just walked in and was like, "hey man, what's up" and the kid just sat there and watched the whole thing go down while eating his cereal. The parents were in the house, but I think they were in the shower or something. Needless to say we just hauled ass out of there... And when I say haul ass I'm pretty sure I set some kind of world record for crutch galloping top speed.
    Assuming the parents were the scammers and beat the 3 year old into confessing what happened, they now know some big motherfucker walked right into their home, talked to their child, knew exactly what to take, and left completely undetected.
    Opportunities for terrorizing these assholes are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Before someone puts two and two together, I didnt pay 675 for the night trains. I just used someone elses paypal and scammed some stupid kid on ebay. Told him I was on business, etc.

Unfortunately I did have to pay shipping though.

I'm going to intercept them. PM me the shippping address and tracking number

There has been some police interaction with the occupants of the residency since the event. I would advise against any further action against the home. Whats done is done, everything has been resolved.

Plus the occupants were not the scammers. It was just a drop point. But they were not necessarily good people either. But they have nothing to hide from the cops anymore, and that might mean they could take said hatemail directly to the police.

too bad, because I'm sure there are enough people with dogs and old camera lens boxes around here that it could get hilarious.

fckn gold, love it. Is sneaking into a place to retrieve your own shit...well what's the legalities of that, just for future reference?

One of the best reads ever.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I had the details on this from maggot DL PM. Hooked ape with some shit I make at cost for his upcoming project, Stuff is in the mail am tomorrow ape. FKNA!!

Nice TR G!

TGR delivers the win, again. Solid job guys.

Ape-
    You get the maggot deal on anything I sell. PM me if you're interested. Well played!

doughboyshredder Guest
    That took some balls.
    You're lucky you didn't get shot. A lot of people in the pnw would have shot you on sight. Pretty bad ass. I'm amazed at the risk you took to help a stranger out.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    That took some balls.
    You're lucky you didn't get shot. A lot of people in the pnw would have shot you on sight. Pretty bad ass. I'm amazed at the risk you took to help a stranger out.
    Wow.
    Was thinking the same thing. Something like that would probably lead to death in Colorado with our favorable castle laws protecting the home.

Outstanding effort to help out a maggot.

In regards to how this works, I still don't get how the homeowners are not the bad guys. Someone who they obviously knew, had stolen stuff shipped to their house. I'm thinking big boxes of dogshit are still on the go list.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer