Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2093
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Just awesome win for the last few pages. Way to go all.

Looks like Fri/Saturday will be similarly awesome as the next big system plows into UT starting Thurs afternoon.
    I understand there's some model disagreements at this point, but after the ridging sets up on Monday/Tuesday, does it look like there may be anything else lined up for the Wed-Fri time period of next week?

not where the most snow was last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I understand there's some model disagreements at this point, but after the ridging sets up on Monday/Tuesday, does it look like there may be anything else lined up for the Wed-Fri time period of next week?
    ^ are you in A2? I am as well headed out to SLC next thurs. we've gotten in a few good turns (for MI at least...) going down to huron river dr these last few storms.
    When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I observed a unified donut muncher blocking canyon acess told me there were to many people in the canyon and it wasn't safe for me to be there.
    Heard from the Sheriff that Monday was the most skiers they've ever had in the canyons, ever! Next time tell the officer you're going back country skiing at the willows and you might get thru.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I was gonna play the I lease a outhouse in Mt. Haven card cause it's true.
    Went home and got the furkid and took him up Porter instead.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Not current conditions exactly, but I had to post this somewhere UT BC related. Most impressive slayage of Superior I have ever seen at 0:06-0:39

http://live.tetongravity.com/_Colter.../75233.html?b=

That is some of the rowdiest lines I"ve seen in a long time.
    sssssswwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt. SCORE
    Stoke initiated
    Life is what happens between the things you plan.

Sickster!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Shreddin ta town

The powder marathon continues... but it's just another day at the office for UAC forecaster Brett Kobernick.
    Frame grab from Canon 7D video.

The Gnarwhale

i love this thread.
    He who shall so shall he who.

Mount Raymond

Skied my old buddy Raymond today. The top slab was quite variable, sluffed powder in the gut but pretty icy and dusty on crusty out to the skier's right side. The rest of the way was bomb though

Uploading pictures is messed up right now, I'll get to it once the site allows for them to be uploaded.

I can do this for now; http://www.facebook.com/video/video....43870&comments
    Last edited by Alx88; 02-23-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Good amount of wind damage up high. Mid elevation W/NW aspects skiing faster that that last few days.
    "Officially known as Highway U-210, more commonly known as Little Cottonwood Canyon and unofficially acknowledged as the epicenter of the greatest snow on earth." Andrew McLean

???

How do you input photos directly to the thread without having to click on them to open a new window in order to view them? Thanks in advance.

Deep!

^ Put the url of the image inside the html tags [img]URL goes here[/img]

^^^One of my favorite ski pics in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Big thanks to mc_roon for showing me some super fun spots yesterday.
    Last edited by 1thenaton1; 02-24-2011 at 10:50 AM.

very sensitive cornices building up on N facing ridges was what we found today. wasn't on anything crazy to get it to slide below but they were popping off very easily. snow was fucking excellent, got my 3m probe all the way in and wasn't quite at the bottom i don't think. dug a pit and did a couple quick tests, nothing too scary going on besides some pretty easy shears in the new snow, maybe 12 inches down, that i don't think would propagate more than a sluff (could probably entrain quite a bit of snow on the right slope though). obviously after today this doesn't mean much but that density inversion that was failing a few inches down i could see causing problems with a bunch of new snow on top.

RE: Mt. Raymond

The photo uploader works now. Here's the photos from yesterday's Raymond mission. Anybody got beta on the SnoBowl (Flagstaff, AZ) backcountry? I'm flying to Phoenix to pick up a truck and driving back tomorrow, pm me if you got any suggestions. It'll probably be too tempting not to just pin it back North to ride 40" of the greatest snow on Earth though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunrise Over Butler 2.23.11.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	290.4 KB 
ID:	93751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mt. Raymond 2.23.11.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	359.2 KB 
ID:	93749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looking South From Raymond 2.23.11.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	312.6 KB 
ID:	93753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cody Down Raymond #2 2.23.11.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	93750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raymond Line 2.23.11.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	93752

The top flake looked way tastier from afar than it actually rode... Better off riding the gut if you ever get up there.

And in case you still live in the Dark Ages (without FaceBonk) here's the video in Vimeo format..
    Last edited by Alx88; 02-24-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Will be in Park City from Sunday (February 27th) to Saturday (March 5th) and planning to spend most days at Alta/Snowbird (but open to exploring). I'd love to get in a mid-week cat day (not planning on bringing AT gear). Anyone else interested in meeting up for something like that?

Any mags already have something set up for next week and need one or two more fun people that can keep up?

If anyone loves playing tour guide at Alta or Snowbird, I'd love to get to know the mountains from a local mag!

UDOT's plan for tonight is to close Little Cottonwood Canyon at 2200.
    Tomorrow avalanche control work will begin around 0700. Make sure to stay away from all North side avalanche paths above the highway in LCC at that time.
    Estimated road opening is 0830.

BCC should stay open tonight.
    The plan for Big Cottonwood canyon tomorrow is weather dependant, closures are possible there too if tonight's forecast high ends. Please respect all closures you come across.

Thanks -b.

thanks to ullr for this past week and the new storm! seems like everyone got their fair share of turns. was super impressed with the sincere efforts of the mountain to keep the pow in place.

UDOT's plan for tonight is to close Little Cottonwood Canyon at 2200.
    Tomorrow avalanche control work will begin around 0700. Make sure to stay away from all North side avalanche paths above the highway in LCC at that time.
    Estimated road opening is 0830.
    Probably a given based on that statement, but I take it there will be no brief early morning road opening?

lots of windloading at mid-elevation this afternoon. the good news is i didn't see my legs the entire run down.

today was unreal.

wind was howling over the ridgetops this afternoon, super sensitive cornices. avy conditions tomorrow will be seriously gnarly.

A few good turns were had on this day..just a little fun out in hidden canyon

Where's all the stoke YO?

All this snow and ya'll's got nothin'? Well here's my two cents; its still riding pretty good. I wish these warm temperatures weren't gonna creep in early next week, kinda sucks. Snow was super inverted too, easy to stay on top of. We just went in to bear trap and the willows, definitely could've ventured into to bigger terrain but it was a nice exploration. Didn't see any thing in the way of danger.

Here's a coupla shots. Bring the stoke fools
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Up Beartrap 2.27.11.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	316.3 KB 
ID:	93990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Down the Willows 2.27.11.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	417.7 KB 
ID:	93992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backside 2.27.11.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	309.6 KB 
ID:	93989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jake Down Beartrap #3 2.27.11.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	93991