Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Glenn Beck Says: No Proof of Evolution

Just another Glenn Beck is an ignoramus thread.

How many people believe in evolution in this country? I'd like to see. I mean, I don't know why it's unreasonable to say this. I'm not God so I don't know how God creates. I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet. Did evolution just stop? Did we all of sudden -- there's no other species that's developing into half-human?
    Is he really this ignorant, or does he just play a moran on TV?

This should probably go in the "Dumbass American", but this is ignorance of epic proportions.

Question for the non-Americans around here...Do you have pundits do stop shit like this, or is this just an American thing?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

NEWS FLASH!!!

Glen Beck says shit just to get noticed. Kind of like yelling FIRE in a crowded theater. You best option was to ignore his dumb ass diatribes.

I'd love to ignore his ignorant diatribes. Or even laugh at them. But millions of ignorant voters seem to be paying rapt attention (of the take it seriously kind).

perhaps just another example of someone flunking out of 3rd grade and becoming a wealthy shmuck by figuring how to market ?
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Actually, he's right, there is no proof of evolution.

It is a very well developed and highly logical theory, but its just a theory, because there is no proof, there is a lot of supporting evidence, but no proof.

That this is a story, anywhere, shows that libs arent any smarter than rednecks.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

hey Leroy, iznit spelled smrtr?

"I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet." -Glenn Beck
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    That this is a story, anywhere, shows that libs arent any smarter than rednecks.
    So this is a lib vs redneck issue, or are you just making it one?

Squeel like a pig boy!

Guys a fucking moron.

It is a very well developed and highly logical theory, but its just a theory, because there is no proof, there is a lot of supporting evidence, but no proof.
    How is having a lot of supporting evidence (huge understatement) not proof? The debate is not whether or not it happens, but rather the nature of its driving mechanism. I take it you've never studied paleontology.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I think it's Hutash for the win.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution[/ame]
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method[/ame]

Plus Beck repeats that old favourite of science deniers: "i don't think we from monkeys". People who talk shit about science should demonstrate their convictions by obstaining from modern medicine. They should also teach their children to abstain from modern medicine.

Well isn't this ironic... that he would discuss God and creation in the same sentence he dismisses the theory of evolution on "lack of absolute scientific proof." I assume he's seen a virgin woman bear a child, and a man rise from the dead.

Am I missing something. Oh yeah, we haven't proved climate change either. dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Just another Glenn Beck is an ignoramus thread.

Is he really this ignorant, or does he just play a moran on TV?

This should probably go in the "Dumbass American", but this is ignorance of epic proportions.

Question for the non-Americans around here...Do you have pundits do stop shit like this, or is this just an American thing?
    Wait a minute. This is what you said in the thread i started addressing roughly the same thing. I even used this Beck example. I assume your statement was directed at me.

"I don't mind people with other values, as long as they are the same as mine."

Then you come start this thread which is bagging on Beck and others for having beliefs different from yours (and mine). How is this any different than what I ranted about?

wow, i dont want to get dragged into this, but you are wrong. evolution is a proven fact. natural selection is what is still considered to be a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbs View Post
    Then you come start this thread which is bagging on Beck and others for having beliefs different from yours (and mine). How is this any different than what I ranted about?
    You shouldn't logically hold beliefs that are patently false based on data or fact. Arguing against evolution is akin to arguing that the world is flat. People should be allowed to believe whatever they want as long as it isn't factually wrong IMHO. Wait ... scratch that ... they can even believe stupid shit like intelligent design as long as they don't take the airwaves and try to brainwash every lemming within shouting distance (again IMHO).

I wish I could say only in America is stupid shit like Glen's ranting said, but it isn't. People everywhere are fucking ignorant. I am not as well traveled as I would like to be, but in my brief annual trips to B.C. I haven't heard the same kind of drivel, but I am on holiday and not paying attention to local/Natl BS, so I am sure Canadians have their own clowns too. What I am trying to say, is I like it up there better, the people don't appear to be as fucking stupid as I am aware of in the US
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Hey livetobeafag,
    Take you, your dog and your shitty ingrate attitude and GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    People who talk shit about science should demonstrate their convictions by obstaining from modern medicine. They should also teach their children to abstain from modern medicine.
    Except for birth control

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbs View Post
    Wait a minute. This is what you said in the thread i started addressing roughly the same thing. I even used this Beck example. I assume your statement was directed at me.

"I don't mind people with other values, as long as they are the same as mine."

It's called hypocrisy. It's ok as long as it has to do with something a lot of (most?) people think is 'common sense'.

edit: 4 out of 10 americans believe in evolution. -www.gallup.com

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Wait ... scratch that ... they can even believe stupid shit
    Whew, for a second there, I thought you were putting limits on when it's ok to have a difference of opinions. Carry on...

"Glenn Beck: The Fusion of Entertainment and Enlightenment" ???
    hahahahahaha
    Last edited by montanamike; 10-24-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: gallup poll
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Evolution is as much a matter of belief or opinion as gravity or electromagnetism.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Evolution is as much a matter of belief or opinion as gravity or electromagnetism.
    Yea, i heard recently that scientists finding places in the universe where they think newton's LAWS may not apply. Trippy shit man.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

FOSSILS.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Hey livetobeafag,
    Take you, your dog and your shitty ingrate attitude and GTFO.
    who the fuck are you?

Yea, i heard recently that scientists finding places in the universe where they think newton's LAWS may not apply. Trippy shit man.
    no, you didnt

people have known for decades that newtons laws are a special case of relativistic physics, and for centuries that they dont apply in non-inertial reference frames

Evolution is a fact.
    Creationism is a belief.

You can say "I don't believe in Santa Claus" or "I believe in Santa Claus". I'm cool with either. Just don't force schools to teach that Santa Claus is a valid explanation as to why/how kids get toys in late December.

How can you not believe in a fact? Can somebody say they don't believe in gravity?

Beck is marketing to the idiot fringe. It's about power. Why are we supporting any of the companies that advertise on his show? Has anybody compiled a list of his sponsors?

Sorry Leroy, and I mean this in the kindest way, but you are fucking ignorant about evolution, and apparently physics as well.

There are buckets full of proof about evolution historically, observationally, and experimentally. There are books and books full of proofs if you bother to read them. I have. I can give specific examples if you need them, and write pages about it here, but I won't bore people with the details because it has been hashed out time and again. People like Beck, and apparently you, just haven't bothered to read or understand them. Evolution is as well established as the round earth theory, or the atomic theory. I personally have never seen the round earth, or an atom, but the evidence is irrefutable.

Evolution is of course different then natural selection. Evolution is change through time, while natural selection is a process that has partially made the change occur. Natural selection is the main driver, but there are other drivers as well, and no doubt more to be discovered. Again, there is ample proof of both evolution and natural selection.

Part of the problem is simply semantics. The word "theory" is greatly miss understood by people like Beck. In the vernacular theory is used to mean the same as a guess...e.g. my theory is Leroy is ignorant of evolution. In science this is better termed a hypothesis. I have made a statement based on certain assumption, and now I must find supporting evidence to accept/reject that assumption.

In science theory is used to describe an explanation that best fits are wide variety of facts, hence the germ theory of infection, or the atomic theory. No theory is absolute fact, because we are constantly refining the theory as data is accumulated. Simply stated there is no absolute. The atomic theory is constantly being refined, as is electromagnetism. Does this mean they are not proven? Of course not, it just means we understand them better.

Your example of Newton's theory of gravity is a perfect example. There are places in the universe were it does not apply, like at the beginning of time, the edges of the universe,in our own sun, and in every atom in our body. It has long been shown that Newton was correct, and his theory on gravity has withstood testing time and again. It is considered proven, that is until Einstein came along and proposed exceptions to Newton. Did this disprove Newton? No, it just modified the theory to function at a different scale, one that did not exist in Newton,s time. Einstein's modification of the theory has been proven, but yet again as more knowledge has been accumulated it was found to be inaccurate on a quantum scale. Did this disprove the theory? No, it was just refined it to work on a quantum scale, a scale that was just beginning to be understood in Einstein's time.

When people say evolution is just a theory, or that there is no proof because they have never seen a half monkey/man they are just showing there ignorance. Now I have nothing against ignorance, it is just lack of education or understanding, but I have a real problem when people like Beck, who unfortunately have a huge audience, use that ignorance to willfully influence others. If people like him do not understand something fine, they should either shut the fuck up, or make an effort to educate themselves.

I can respect people like Micheal Behe, Darwin's Black Box, who have presented intelligent arguments against evolution. He has made an effort to understand the discussion and proposed an alternative hypothesis, unfortunately he is wrong and his ideas rejected time and again, but he is not ignorant of the topic at hand.

Sorry for the long rant, but this tired diatribe against evolution gets my hackles up.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot