TR: A Northern Wasatch Gem

Hooked up a big point to point shuttle outside of Ogden the other day. Been dreamin this one up for a few months after getting some beta from some nice folks I met riding earlier in the summer.

There's a brand new singletrack that climbs from the town of Perry up to Willard Basin. It's a gorgeous trail, lots of switchbacks and lots of climbing. 10 miles of up gaining 4400 ft or so. Then a bit more climbing up to Ben Lomond, finishing with a long-ass downhill into North Ogden.

John and Sam chuggin

After the initial climb the ride starts to get more interesting as we continued to climb to Ben Lomond Peak.

Summiting Ben Lomond means the climbing is over!

What followed was a 10 mi uninterupted downhill, my camera didn't come out very much

Beer!

Truly epic! That had to be one painful climb.

Where can I learn about this new trail (and others being built)? It seems like I've only scratched the surface of the trails around Ogden and would love to learn more.

Looks like a great ride! I'd be interested in the downhill, but I think I'd prefer to just shuttle up to inspiration point and only have a few hundred vert to get to the top of Ben Lomond. That's actually something I was thinking about doing to ride the Ben Lomond trail into Liberty.

Nice, been waiting for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    Where can I learn about this new trail (and others being built)?
    All you have to do is ask, or come out for a ride. Hopefully we're not done for the year.

Springs, I love your shot of the Ogre, here it is with snow:

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    Where can I learn about this new trail (and others being built)? It seems like I've only scratched the surface of the trails around Ogden and would love to learn more.

I found out about it from some fellow atb'ers, but there is nice description on here:
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/

Wow, never did that ride in reverse (always climb Skyline), looks absolutely fantastic. Beaterdit invited me, but school and the remnants of the flu said no. Though even if they didn't, I doubt I have the endurance to handle 10 miles and 4400" gain. Brutal, you guys are animals. Well done.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    All you have to do is ask, or come out for a ride. Hopefully we're not done for the year.

Springs, I love your shot of the Ogre, here it is with snow:
    any of those gnarly chutes in the middle of that thing skiable?

Sweet!!!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

bada$$$$! Lots of good stuff coming out of No.Utah this season, sooo need to get up there with the bike. Maybe we'll get a reprieve after this pre-winter onslaught. We're usually riding at least through Thanksgiving in the valleys.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.