Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ^^^ did a few laps there today. Too bad we missed ya. Was damn cold but at least the wind died by sunrise. Conditions were ok to good imo.

lapped floral for the first time this season all day today, the coverage is quite nice. The snowpack was stable with plenty of freshies. Car thermometer read -6 when i arrived there at 8:30. Truck rides back up definitely woke me and my friend up haha.

we pulled into the lot Turkey Day am (~7 am) and my dash read minus 18. Stooopid. Cold. Too cold actually. wind and overnite temps had wrecked the snow. Super sticky. (Impressive coverage tho.) Had to pole/push down Floral. Musta got better as the sun rose. Couple fellas up 2nd Creek said they saw similar stickiness in Corner Pocket.
    We bailed for the Jane ~ 930 and it was a tropical zero. Love that Fraser Valley Freeze!
    On first

Snow was faster, but still a bit grabby this morning. Otherwise, great conditions for November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

anybody headed out Saturday? Flying back into town late tonight, will be away from the computer mostly until then.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

~V~ and I will likely be up tomorrow, plus two more if we can convince our friends. Holla.

anyone head up today? worth going up tomorrow?

Skied the 90's and 110s today. All very nice - a fair amount of untracked stuff as well. Surprisingly few people today. Tomorrow should be just as good.

Might not want to ski the NE side of Russel though (saw this around 9am).

wow, that is big. I bet they bombed it with cannons?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

^^^ Probably not, doesn't cross a road. That is a huge slide.

Quote Originally Posted by CG View Post
    That is a huge slide.
    oh yes it is!!!

Saw that on Tuesday.Decided to stick below Hidden Knoll.We did see one very brave soul skinning up to russells by himself.The wind was hurricaning up there,and didn't see a very suitable line down.

Quote Originally Posted by teleyakco View Post
    Saw that on Tuesday.Decided to stick below Hidden Knoll.We did see one very brave soul skinning up to russells by himself.The wind was hurricaning up there,and didn't see a very suitable line down.
    BRAVE?! Ha, you are much more kind than I.

I get tired of calling alot of people up there idiots,so I decided to change it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxrad View Post
    Skied the 90's and 110s today. All very nice - a fair amount of untracked stuff as well. Surprisingly few people today. Tomorrow should be just as good.

Might not want to ski the NE side of Russel though (saw this around 9am).

that slide was there as of Friday AM
    no clue when it actually happened

slide was there Wednesday...

Dawn patrol tomorrow morning anybody? Ueberearly departure!

Quote Originally Posted by quienes? View Post
    we pulled into the lot Turkey Day am (~7 am) and my dash read minus 18. Stooopid. Cold. Too cold actually. wind and overnite temps had wrecked the snow. Super sticky. (Impressive coverage tho.) Had to pole/push down Floral. Musta got better as the sun rose. Couple fellas up 2nd Creek said they saw similar stickiness in Corner Pocket.
    We bailed for the Jane ~ 930 and it was a tropical zero. Love that Fraser Valley Freeze!

True dat. We were there at 6 and on trail by 630 or so. Coldest ski day in a decade for me. We didn't glide until we were on steeper stuff. Our skin glue kinda froze too and that paired with some numbness had us abort the second drop. Holy freaking crap. Triple Rock area was nice.

Been up a few times already this season, very impressive coverage. That slide a few posts up is gnarly as hell, the snowpack was very stable when I was last there about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Can't wait to get up again when I'm back in the front range this week.

Great thread, great pictures, subscription added.

Yesterday was very good. Loving the coverage right now.

Anyone that was up yesterday....did you hear rumbling (avy? whumping?) around 9AM-ish? One was louder than the other, and they were about 15 minutes apart perhaps? It didn't sound right for avy work at the Jane, nor typical Stanley blasting.

We saw the huge Current Creek bench slide on our way down to the Jane afterwards and guessed it might have been that, but eveyone here says those were earlier in the week.

Anyone have any idea what that might have been?

I heard nothing "rumbling" at 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Yesterday was very good.
    Sure looks like it. Nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
    Anyone that was up yesterday....did you hear rumbling (avy? whumping?) around 9AM-ish? One was louder than the other, and they were about 15 minutes apart perhaps? It didn't sound right for avy work at the Jane, nor typical Stanley blasting.

We saw the huge Current Creek bench slide on our way down to the Jane afterwards and guessed it might have been that, but eveyone here says those were earlier in the week.

Anyone have any idea what that might have been?
    Heard what sounded liked blasting around 5pm Saturday evening. Thought it was odd given the time (and the pass was open).

On another note, was that you guys in a suby yesterday morning at Jane? Saw you "park" behind that van.

Went up this morning for a few laps. It was pretty decent. Skied Floral and only hit one rock. The hit the Flume. which was good. Then I hit Hollywood which had really nice snow just off the main path. It was 7 degrees and windy as hell. I had to get back anyway to pick up my kid from school. A nice excuse to get outta there.

Second day on the SkiLogik Howitzers. Dreamy ski. Though I need more days to really form an opinion.

sweet hat
    snow looks good
    stay outta my line