WTB Feeler: 55-56cm Road Bike ~$500.00

Looking to see what's out there. I want something to use on a trainer during the winter. Would rather not spend more then $500.00. 5' 11", 31.5" inseam, so I think I need a 54-56cm frame. Post up what you got. Thanks.
    Last edited by JTrue; 10-31-2010 at 05:10 PM.

I just bought a bike from these guys http://www.giantnerd.com (basically they are the new randal scott from what I can tell) Bike came quick and was very inexpensive for what I got. If you are are just looking for something cheap to throw on a trainer, and maybe puts around the neighborhood a bit, I can't think of a better way to go. You can pick up a steel Tiempo for $350 or a Imola for $400. If you want something nicer, you will have to go used.
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Bump for first storm of the season in the Wasatch.

One more bump, guess I should add that I want this for training come spring, so a decent frame and grupo would be nice. I know for around $500.00 I'll have to wait for a good deal to come around. Something like a Felt F series with carbon fork and 105 grupo would be awesome. Also seen some Cdale Caad's spec'd nicely in my price range. Just been outbid by a couple bucks on ebay my last couple tries.

I have bought and sold a Specialized Allez triple with carbon fork and "Tiagra" groupo on craigslist at this price point.

The bike does fine for training and kept me in the peloton of Colognos and Cervelos with no prob.

I have a used rental, 54 or 56 Specialized Allez comp triple, 105' 30 speed, carbon fork and rear stays. I can tune one up and box it for you, PM me and I will take a few pics. Be great for trainer use and as a rain bike or spring trainer. Well maintaned, chain, rings and cassette changed as needed. Also have a few 58's and maybe a 52...

Oh, for $450. mag price, will take pay pal or credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    I have a used rental, 54 or 56 Specialized Allez comp triple, 105' 30 speed, carbon fork and rear stays. I can tune one up and box it for you, PM me and I will take a few pics. Be great for trainer use and as a rain bike or spring trainer. Well maintaned, chain, rings and cassette changed as needed. Also have a few 58's and maybe a 52...

Interested, PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post

Which year are most of those rentals? Pretty good price if they have the carbon fork and rear stays and 105 components (or are they 105 and Tiagra mixed?)