Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EC Mags: Is it true? Attitash buys Wildcat?

The rumor mill is a' turnin' and churnin'

Whether it's true or not, do you care to speculate on what this would mean for the Cat?

Holy CRAP! You have a source?? -

Looks true...

Check out this story: http://www.sunjournal.com/oxford-hills/story/929724

Maybe now the Cat will expand it's northern boundry. (I think it's north...err...skier's right)

It's on the Wildcat website: http://www.skiwildcat.com/news.html

I see increased snowmaking at the Cat.

Farkin A! I have an Attitash pass, wonder how this will work out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post

The story says passes will work at both. I've got a Cat pass. Woohoo! Come join us up the hill!

Hopefully they won't attitash wildcat. I love Wildcat the way it is, and hope they don't change it. Wildcat makes the effort to stay open late and open trails with thin cover... we shall see if Peak Resorts lets that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by umby View Post
    Hopefully they won't attitash wildcat. I love Wildcat the way it is, and hope they don't change it. Wildcat makes the effort to stay open late and open trails with thin cover... we shall see if Peak Resorts lets that happen.
    They could never fully 'Attitash' Wildcat. Wildcat has terrain that is far too good, and way too much natural snowfall, to ever fall to a level even with Attitrash.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    It's on the Wildcat website: http://www.skiwildcat.com/news.html

I see increased snowmaking at the Cat.
    This is great news. Investing some $$$ into the Cat overall would be a good thing! (better snowmaking, more future terrain, eventually more and better lifts). If all goes well it would make me reconsider the Canon pass in future years. Especially with Mt Washington across the street, more natural snowfall, and North Conway down the road.

I can't speak for Atticrash management style because haven't skied there much in the last 20 years.

Wildcat/Attitash locals chime in!
    Last edited by lynchdogger; 10-21-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    The Passion is in the Risk

...this has potential to be the worst or best thing that's ever happened to that hill. if they make it anything like atticrash it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    At best you'll get a couple free days at Wildcat - but don't bet on it.
    At worst, they downgrade everyone's pass to cover costs of the new investment.

Personally I think this sucks donkey cocks. I have a strong dislike for the management at Attitash. I do not look forward to that culture moving into Wildcat.

I would not get my hopes up on too much of an investment in the infrastructure. There is NO REAL ESTATE at Wildcat to make any money on.

My expectation is for ticket prices to go up and a not so nice clash between the regulars who have gotten used to Wildcat the way it is and corporate from Attitash.

Pow Puss <3's Wildcat, but thinks Attitash is a litter box.
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    They could never fully 'Attitash' Wildcat. Wildcat has terrain that is far too good, and way too much natural snowfall, to ever fall to a level even with Attitrash.
    I mean more of the corporate ski area thing. I have some friends in the MWV and they have said management at attitash sucks. I just am worried peak resorts will make ski patrol crack down on the closed trail policies, skiing in and out of the ski area boundaries to hit the brook cuts, and tamper with the general laid back good times vibe. ...hopefully i am worried over nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Pussy View Post
    Classic! This made me laugh! Let's hope they listen to you locals because like Strawjack said, "it could be the worse thing ever.'

Some local folks in T4T's think it's bad especially for the "tree" skiing which apparently id frowned upon at the litter box. IMO, enhancing the glades (correctly mind you - aka not like The Rivah) is exactly what would make the experience at the Cat better. Let's hope.

I'm sure they have they're own vision but perhaps some well thought out professional letters (opposite of typical tgr speak) to the new CEO would a least put a different voice in his ear. I'm using the wait and see approach. Regardless, I will still poach whatever tree lines I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    At best you'll get a couple free days at Wildcat - but don't bet on it.
    At worst, they downgrade everyone's pass to cover costs of the new investment.
    So how long HAVE you had this psychic ability?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Personally I think this sucks donkey cocks. I have a strong dislike for the management at Attitash. I do not look forward to that culture moving into Wildcat.

I would not get my hopes up on too much of an investment in the infrastructure. There is NO REAL ESTATE at Wildcat to make any money on.

My expectation is for ticket prices to go up and a not so nice clash between the regulars who have gotten used to Wildcat the way it is and corporate from Attitash.
    Look what has happened to Cannon with the new management. In the interest in attracting more skiers, they have increased snowmaking, grooming, added a lift at Mittersil, wiped out any and all trail variety, increased the crowd, raised prices. The regulars are looked upon as "not our market".

Hope Wildcat escapes the corporate formula. Attitash has done a crappy job with that place, why would they do any better with Wildcat?
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Pussy View Post
    Sig worthy.

IMHO all they need to do is cut a bunch of trails (glades / brush cut some Brooks) to the north (skiers right) and they will have some of the best terrain in the East. Similar to what the loaf just did but leave it as hike to terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    Look what has happened to Cannon with the new management. In the interest in attracting more skiers, they have increased snowmaking, grooming, added a lift at Mittersil, wiped out any and all trail variety, increased the crowd, raised prices. The regulars are looked upon as "not our market".

Hope Wildcat escapes the corporate formula. Attitash has done a crappy job with that place, why would they do any better with Wildcat?
    Interesting opinion of Cannon but I totally disagree and have been skiing there since 1978 (not every year mind you but enough). Change is bound to happen and certainly depends what you like but I think Cannon has done a great job the last few years. It is a business not the VFW.

Wildcat has two trails, you go left or you go right. The one and only year I had a season pass there was $9 fridays, the only day I could ski each week (ice + supercrowded). Super windy and the most of the woods are too treed to ski. Way overhyped and just not that sweet. To bad you can't ski down attitude. Best views in the east though. I don't think the sale can hurt.

MILDCAT

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    IMHO all they need to do is cut a bunch of trails (glades / brush cut some Brooks) to the north (skiers right) and they will have some of the best terrain in the East.
    it is and has always been there for decades. no work needed.

best terrain in the east? that's across the street. nice to have both options on any given day. morning tour for east facing sun up high, then mildcat laps all afternoon in the west facing sun.

GOTTA LOVE NEW HAMPSHIRE! example:

3-17
    TR: [ame="http://timefortuckerman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11272"]3/17/09 trifecta tour - T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH[/ame]

rog

^^^ Nice AZ logos on the pics, rog.

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    it's still state owned, they just receive added revenue from sunapee. i agree that mitti is a bummer, but they need to do whatever they can to survive. i don't like my pass price going up, but it's still cheap relative to most. trail variety? all they've done is added some nice tree runs and opened tramline...that's all good imo.
    overall, ya it sucks! i don't recommend going there to anyone.

atticrash has some nice terrain under the chair (the old chair on the main hill...i dont know what its called) but they should open that up, but a co. like Peak would never do it. what is with their 'joey' groom runs anyway? wtf? strips of snow down the center of the trail with shear drop offs on each side...it's actually kind of fun to ride it like a fall line wind lip, but the death cookies/boulders are a little tough down in the trenches!

side-note - this sales guy is in my office two days ago and he's a lifer at WV. i tell him that im a pass holder at cannon and he says, "so you like it cold and icy?" i just smiled and said, yup!

I want the conditions board to say fast grass this April same always.
    Life is what happens between the things you plan.