Cheap Beautiful Wedding Spots in Utah?

So I am newly engaged and we are looking to have our wedding somewhere in Utah. I recently moved here and he is from here. Any suggestions from the collective? We looked at the usual places but nothing is really jumping out. And don't want to pay a ton but want a beautiful spot and a fun party.

Any cool sites up BCC or LCC - besides the known? Also looking at southern Utah - maybe Boulder? Especially where you can bring in your own caterer and buy your own booze? Just starting the research myself but if anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a couple spots in mind, need to re-research 'em a bit...

awesome news!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Congrats! Time of year? My
    sister-in-law had a wedding 5 Julys ago at Johnson Mill in Heber. We brought the booze, nice views of Timp, nice rooms for the wedding party, not sure about price.

Mill Creek venues are nice too.

Thanks guys! D - looking forward to your suggestions!

Hutch - that sounds awesome. Views of Timp would be amazing. We will definitely check it out - thanks! We thinking next September or October.

Mount Olympus

totally free

Kennecott Mine?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Kennecott Mine?
    neither cheap nor beautiful

no pastrami for you

Kennecott Mine?
    Ride it - dude you totally nailed it. I so want to get married at the largest strip mine in the world. I mean - what other wedding venue besides the Great Wall of China can you see from space?

Springville (mouth of Zion NP). I've seen a couple of weddings there, but have no idea what it costs. Since you are looking at the fall, it would be cool to time it with the aspen leave changes down there (not sure exactly when that occurs, but it's probably in early October).

Quote Originally Posted by MuleSkinner View Post
    Ride it - dude you totally nailed it.
    Just think...worlds biggest hot tub!
    Frozen should totally be your minister.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Totally in - what do you think Frozen?

If you are going to hot tube I think you should check with these guys.

http://www.mystichotsprings.com/

I have been wanting to go here just to check it out. The springs look awesome.

Have no idea if they would or wouldn't host a wedding, but it looks good.

We got married in the city park in Stanley. (that would be central Idaho) $100 I think to rent the park for the weekend. Some camped, some used close by motels, some came just for the day. The kids used the playground - well so did some of the adults - we got married out in left field then played frisbee in the rest of the outfield after the ceremony. The city didn't have anything that said we couldn't have dogs, so we put Friendly dogs welcome. There were about 15 running around with our dog having a big ole dog party at the same time.

Best of luck with the planning and congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

pretty general question with indoor/outdoor, season, and other factors to consider.....but, I have been to a lot of utah weddings and have two recently married step-daughters and so I will shoot a few ideas your way. Best "thoroughly outdoor" wedding I have attended was on the beach at Little Dolores camp in westwater canyon. The wedding party had to reserve both "Little D" camps to accomodate the size of their group. Couple had an accoustic band and excellent catered food. 2nd place outdoor goes to a couple who got hitched below the waterfalls above sundance resort (free) and then took their guests down the hill for dinner at the tree-room (nice and not that hard on your wallet). 1st place (semi-outdoor catagory) was a sunset "top of the tram" nuptials with reception at the Arie. I have been to two very well done wedding ceremonies put on in the reception hall that is overlooks the landing pools built for the Olympic freestyle jumps (park city/canyons resort) ...in both cases, arrangements had been made for the local athletes practicing there to give a brief demo. Plenty of room for a band and dancing. Silverfork Lodge will do you a nice "patio wedding"... cost is reasonable. Cactus and Tropicals (both SLC locations) will set up a nice spot for you in their greehouses (also reasonable). And last winter I attended a wedding in a reception room at Hogle zoo. Great wedding & an awesome after-party was in full swing when the wedding got shut down pre-maturely by an aggrevated zoo-official. Apparently, two dumbass 16 year old nephews of the bride were hotboxing a couple of parrot's in a cage and were observed by zoo-keeper. Bride is still not talking to her her sister (mom of the nephew who got the parrots high) and I think Hogle zoo may have re-thought their after hours reception/party policies. I know that party lost their deposit. I good friend of mine was recently married by a Huichol marek'ame in the mountains by snowbasin. It was a traditional "all night" huichol wedding with medicine...very nice.

BA

i went to a wedding at sundance and it was killer. outdoor summertime flipflop shorts deal. no idea on $$$ so you'd have to check it out.

Did someone say something about stripping in a mine??

Kinky

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Dibs on prima nocta.

Storm Mountain Amp? Not sure where to have a reception close by...Silverfork Lodge maybe?

http://www.zumaphoto.com/blog/2009/0...tain-ceremony/

I am always available to do weddings for anyone needing my service.

My ministry is with "Swingers for Satan" so there are a few customs that are part of the ceremony that I think really spice it up.

Looking forward to blessing this holy union!

frozen

DTM and I got married at Millcreek Inn.
    BEAUTIFUL pretty much sums that place up, plus the food is seriously SO good and they really take care of you on your special day.

It was significantly cheaper during the week instead of the weekend. We got married on a Wednesday, which saved us over $500 so we got to spend more on our season passes and a cool vacation...
    you sketchy character, you

Congrats, definitely exciting times.

Mrs. Lev and I got married at Log Haven about a year and a half ago. That place is amazing. I honestly have not idea what the costs were like cuz the inlaws footed the bills. I think it's probably a little pricier than Millcreek Inn, but you'd be super stoked at either of those places.

I would avoid anything in Park City - SUPER pricy and not worth your time. Heber might have some cool stuff worth checking out.

As for Log Haven, the food was amazing, we had a rockin band, and the place is super cozy. If you're trying to get married in the next year, I would try to book a place ASAP cuz they fill up quick. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks so much for all the ideas and suggestions! Definitely fired up about checking these out. Log Haven, Millcreek, Sundance, and Silver Fork are all places we are looking at so awesome to know people have had great times there.

Frozen - awesome. Will be in touch soon. Sounds like it's exactly the touch our ceremony needs.