Page 336 of 508 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I slept in my 4 runner in 0 degree weather, and it's not bad at all. The only issue is getting in my zero g ski boots, i i had to stick in a bit water bottle for 10 minutes each, then they are soft enough to put on.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Your mistake was not wearing your ski boots to bed.

Thanks for the input on the Ford/Lance… it seemed like a good deal when he threw that number out. I just wasn’t sure if there were any known issues with that particular truck or camper. It hasn’t gone public or been listed yet and I’m sure it will go quickly once it does. I might just call the guy and offer $16k cash. Use it for a year and see if it works for us. Don’t want to be upside down in it however.

Another question: Assuming all is in very good condition, what is this worth at market value in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Looks to be a super solid deal for that mileage and usage.
    Also been meaning to pm you. I replaced a couple rotted boards in my camper around the water drain hole. I think a fair bit of the musty smell came from that. After i replaced them it still wasnt super fresh. Air it and put one of those kanberra gel containers in and its great now. Musty or not that stuff is just really nice. What i was after after i used all my essential oil mix a few years ago. Ill be continuing to use that kanberra. Really nice smdll. I bought 2 containers so i still have one. Fully recommend. Smells so good and actually works. Thanks for the suggestion on that

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Glad it worked out. That stuff is expensive but it really does the job on the Funk.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Thanks for the input on the Ford/Lance… it seemed like a good deal when he threw that number out. I just wasn’t sure if there were any known issues with that particular truck or camper. It hasn’t gone public or been listed yet and I’m sure it will go quickly once it does. I might just call the guy and offer $16k cash. Use it for a year and see if it works for us. Don’t want to be upside down in it however.

Another question: Assuming all is in very good condition, what is this worth at market value in your area?
    From what I can see the camper is worth $10k and the truck is worth $10k - at least if you're willing to shop around and wait for a deal. However, you'd likely need to put $2500 into whatever truck you bought for $10k to get it all setup...maybe more into the camper. So $16k is beyond reasonable for something that isn't beat. Prices seem lower in the Northeast than elsewhere in the country though.

You could probably flip it for $25k right now given the demand for all things camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Fridge under the fireplace is an interesting choice.

Nice van, one of the best prices I’ve seen lately for a well done diy conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    From what I can see the camper is worth $10k and the truck is worth $10k - at least if you're willing to shop around and wait for a deal. However, you'd likely need to put $2500 into whatever truck you bought for $10k to get it all setup...maybe more into the camper. So $16k is beyond reasonable for something that isn't beat. Prices seem lower in the Northeast than elsewhere in the country though.

You could probably flip it for $25k right now given the demand for all things camper.
    Ok jong

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Ok jong

Ok, now that we have your opinion of Pinned's assessment of the truck and camper's value, what do you think they are worth?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Ok, now that we have your opinion of Pinned's assessment of the truck and camper's value, what do you think they are worth?
    It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Not a penny more not a penny less.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Not a penny more not a penny less.

You should bring such wisdom to Bobby Stainless' thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Well, I got that GFC build spot for October 2021. At the end of the day I still use my truck for work. Either going to clients property for RE or hauling lumber/tools around doing a bit of small contracting stuff here and there. The GFC allows me to do both without constantly taking a camper on and off the truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	380520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1241.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	380523

Almost home w the new FWC, wifey enjoying a little wine waiting for the sun to set and temps to drop.

It's just so little and cute!

I had a regular cab short bed tundra with the 5.7 as a work truck for a summer and thought that thing was such a sleeper in terms of speed. I’m sure it wasn’t actually all that quick but it sure felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I had a regular cab short bed tundra with the 5.7 as a work truck for a summer and thought that thing was such a sleeper in terms of speed. I’m sure it wasn’t actually all that quick but it sure felt like it.
    Actually, they are quite quick. There was a TRD version with a factory supercharger that did 0-60 in 4.3 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	380520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1241.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	380523

Almost home w the new FWC, wifey enjoying a little wine waiting for the sun to set and temps to drop.
    That is a slick setup. I find myself more and more trying to convince myself I can get by with a regular cab when I am ready for a new truck.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    It's definitely got some giddy-up.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It's just so little and cute!
    It's tight on space, but prob would just be me in inclement weather anyway. Maybe some day I'll have a 3500 crew cab w a long bed, but this will get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That is a slick setup. I find myself more and more trying to convince myself I can get by with a regular cab when I am ready for a new truck.

Thanks. It was the last model year(2013) of Tundra SWB, regular cab.

Should I buy this? Looks like a fun project...

Are these 'yotas reliable or nah?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8479135307512/

Finalizing everything now. Should hopefully have my GFC by end of Sept! Just in time for a trip to Oregon for a bike race.

This thread is deep and hard to find stuff.

- Diesel heaters? Espar? Chinese?

- I plan to make my own panels out of reflectix for the alu side panels and tent side panels. Ideas for how to insulate the actual metal truck bed area.....just pony up and rhino line? The bare metal is a major conductor of any heat. (I have slept in the truck once at 0* with a buddy heater and CO monitor. It sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Should I buy this? Looks like a fun project...

Are these 'yotas reliable or nah?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8479135307512/
    That's awesome. Does it come with an ounce of hash? It probably should.

If I had a GFC and I was trying to keep things simple and light, I would do one of those portable diesel heaters in a box posted a few pages back using the Chinese heater. That way you can remove in the summer when you don't need it and pick up that extra space and weight. For floor, maybe foam gym floor? You can custom cut panels to go wall to wall. Or, it would add a lot of weight, but build a plywood floor with linoleum top, just like Four Wheel Campers use. You can use foam insulating panels underneath the plywood for insulation. You could also run wires in the floor to add power outlets for appliances like a DC cooler (assuming you have a solar system as well).

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    If I had a GFC and I was trying to keep things simple and light, I would do one of those portable diesel heaters in a box posted a few pages back using the Chinese heater. That way you can remove in the summer when you don't need it and pick up that extra space and weight. For floor, maybe foam gym floor? You can custom cut panels to go wall to wall. Or, it would add a lot of weight, but build a plywood floor with linoleum top, just like Four Wheel Campers use. You can use foam insulating panels underneath the plywood for insulation. You could also run wires in the floor to add power outlets for appliances like a DC cooler (assuming you have a solar system as well).
    Doing some research it looks like those diesel heaters work really well. Shit, if it's 50 inside the bed/camper area I'm stoked. I think some gym flooring and reflectix will go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    - I plan to make my own panels out of reflectix for the alu side panels and tent side panels. Ideas for how to insulate the actual metal truck bed area.....just pony up and rhino line? The bare metal is a major conductor of any heat. (I have slept in the truck once at 0* with a buddy heater and CO monitor. It sucked.
    I've used 2" rigid insulation panels with thin plywood glued on. R-value is pretty decent, they're light, and it's easy to cut / shape to the truck. If you cut them with a pretty snug fit, you can just kinda wedge the panels in place and they'll stay there, but they're still quick and easy to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I've used 2" rigid insulation panels with thin plywood glued on. R-value is pretty decent, they're light, and it's easy to cut / shape to the truck. If you cut them with a pretty snug fit, you can just kinda wedge the panels in place and they'll stay there, but they're still quick and easy to remove.
    Yeah, Reflectix at about 1/4" thickness is only about R-1.1, so you need several layers to get any real insulation value. Reflectix is great as a moisture barrier, though.
    The rigid polystyrene is a very good insulator and if used in thin 1/4" sheets offers some flexibility.
    Last edited by DanoT; 07-28-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Anybody seen one of the wedgelight campers in person? Talked to them and, price is reasonable plus build time is reasonable. Construction seems similar to gfc, but they are attainable and cheaper than a gfc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Doing some research it looks like those diesel heaters work really well. Shit, if it's 50 inside the bed/camper area I'm stoked. I think some gym flooring and reflectix will go a long way.
    My 2 buddies that have Chinese diesel heaters love to say they work great. But they seem like a pain in the ass. You have to at minimum swap out diesel lines. That’s fixable but the pump makes a very very annoying metallic clicking sound. And the commands for the little computer are annoying. If you are handy and want to dial it, they can work well but I hope you like fucking with your toys haha

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums