Page 387 of 408 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 10187
    I have an 8.5 foot popup truck camper with 2" thick walls insulated with XPS rigid foam: R10. It makes a huge difference, especially in really cold temp, heat distribution remains quite constant.

Trackhead-that thing is pimp! Awesome work

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I have an 8.5 foot popup truck camper with 2" thick walls insulated with XPS rigid foam: R10. It makes a huge difference, especially in really cold temp, heat distribution remains quite constant.
    Yup huge difference over the 1”……..run the heater on lowest setting almost too warm, but was a warm night last night.

Name:  54AC1ED9-9674-4159-B35B-3AD6FFCE896B.jpeg
Views: 1026
Size:  87.8 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nicely done T-head. Last pic is sweet. Think I'll have to give my rig a spin at Big Sky one of these nights soon just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Nicely done T-head. Last pic is sweet. Think I'll have to give my rig a spin at Big Sky one of these nights soon just for the hell of it.
    Where does one park up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Finished gutting our 1993 Travelaire and rebuilt with 2" xps walls, door, floor. Took out heavy furnace, oven, stove, refrigerator, water heater. Replaced with 12v refrigerator, diesel 5k heater, on-demand water heater. Interior walls/cupboards are 1" xps glassed, super light. Shaved a lot of weight off. No black tank, will use dry flush toilet. No grey tank, that soapy water can go on the ground. Batteries/plumbing all inside, in heated area, will not freeze. No grey/black tanks to freeze. Diesel heater in storage area that accommodates ski boots/wet gloves and works as boot dryer. Put in a real coat rack that actually works. Taking it out tonight for test run with kid......This old dog has been from Mexico to Arctic Ocean, all over Yukon, and the Sonoran Desert.
    Attachment 401262
    Nice work. Any idea what the weight savings was all said and done?

I've been exploring alternatives, but the 1998 bigfoot we have is already such a nice size. Gutting the heavy interior and features we don't use to fit a queen bed and more practical use of space for dry camping has been on my mind for some time now.

That said, if you have the oven/range sitting around and it's in decent shape, I could be interested. I desperately miss the oven we had in our first camper.

TH, I want to be you. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Nice work. Any idea what the weight savings was all said and done?

I've been exploring alternatives, but the 1998 bigfoot we have is already such a nice size. Gutting the heavy interior and features we don't use to fit a queen bed and more practical use of space for dry camping has been on my mind for some time now.

That said, if you have the oven/range sitting around and it's in decent shape, I could be interested. I desperately miss the oven we had in our first camper.
    Not sure on weight but the water heater, oven, and shower/black/grey tanks were heavy AF. Oven is in the dump in Alaska. I brought three truck loads of shot to the dump.

Outside showers and outside plumbing I ripped out was so stupid….just shit that freezes.

Attachment 401299

Chillin by the fire while the diesel heater ticks away….first night out in lower 48 this season. Will be an every weekend thing. Touring all the local Montana hills.
    Livin' the dream. Love it.

Here's a question for the fire pit crowd: I'm not up to date on my propane connector terminology, but it seems like most pits use the barbeque style tanks. Rig real estate is getting really tight and I'm thinking of using the green Coleman canisters that my stove takes to cut down on bulk. Refill at home, etc. Anybody try this? What kind of adapter situation do you wind up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Livin' the dream. Love it.

Here's a question for the fire pit crowd: I'm not up to date on my propane connector terminology, but it seems like most pits use the barbeque style tanks. Rig real estate is getting really tight and I'm thinking of using the green Coleman canisters that my stove takes to cut down on bulk. Refill at home, etc. Anybody try this? What kind of adapter situation do you wind up with?
    The standard home BBQ tank is a 20# tank. You can get 10# and 5# tanks too, all of which use the same acme threaded connection as the standard 20#. Example:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Flame-Ki...N5LB/308859759

The little green Coleman type bottles are pretty small, and I think you'd go through them fast hooked to a fire pit. They use a different hose connection too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I have stayed in my truck camper at a snowmobile staging area on Hwy 191, a couple miles south of the Hwy 64 intersection turnoff for Big Sky.

I have also stayed at a pull out on Hwy 64, just before the turn off for the resort village and lifts.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'll PM you.

Thx for beta and yeah PM seems better…

Jeepover anyone?

The little firepit bluetooth speaker is pretty cool.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Jeepover anyone?

The little firepit bluetooth speaker is pretty cool.
    That thing is cool but it would be a lot cooler if they designed it to fasten to the vehicle in place of the soft top. Pull the back seat out and you'd have a full on pass-through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That thing is cool but it would be a lot cooler if they designed it to fasten to the vehicle in place of the soft top. Pull the back seat out and you'd have a full on pass-through there.
    I had exactly that with a K series Blazer. Great rig but brutal mileage.

It's attached to the roof rack frame and the hitch so in theory it could be done.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Here's a pretty sweet-looking ambulance conversion with the Ford 7.3 in it.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6080929687635/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I spent too many cold, cramped nights in the back of a TJ dreaming of this exact thing. Also, holy center of gravity, batman!

Here we go a TGR favorite for sale

https://boulder.craigslist.org/snw/d...435379278.html

^lol at that tv

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Priorities? Um, er........

Finished gutting our 1993 Travelaire and rebuilt with 2" xps walls, door, floor. Took out heavy furnace, oven, stove, refrigerator, water heater. Replaced with 12v refrigerator, diesel 5k heater, on-demand water heater. Interior walls/cupboards are 1" xps glassed, super light. Shaved a lot of weight off. No black tank, will use dry flush toilet. No grey tank, that soapy water can go on the ground. Batteries/plumbing all inside, in heated area, will not freeze. No grey/black tanks to freeze. Diesel heater in storage area that accommodates ski boots/wet gloves and works as boot dryer. Put in a real coat rack that actually works. Taking it out tonight for test run with kid......This old dog has been from Mexico to Arctic Ocean, all over Yukon, and the Sonoran Desert.
    Looks awesome D, great work. So clean and simple, no extra crap that's not useful. Perfect.

Also congrats on the move and the new(ish?) credentials. Again, great work.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.