Page 115 of 510 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 12727
    That is a pretty sweet deal. Probably a bit of a dog with the older motor but should run forever.

Damn. Sweet ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Here's one for you minimalists...

https://bend.craigslist.org/bar/6098264454.html

"So lets start off where this beauty was born i was wanting a camper to be able to tow offroad behind my lifted truck so i could camp anywhere i wanted on the trail but the trailer needed ground clearance for possible water crossings or rocks so i found this 4 linked trailer and tested it and it flexes perfectly under weight behind your truck over rocks and hills and keeps the trailer deck flat which is nice for your stuff so it is 8ft long by 6ft wide trailer i took 6 ft for the sleeping area and left 2ft in the back for a eletric sink and cooler pull out and stove pull out but thats but to you as far and how you want the back to look my plan was to make one door that open with hydraulic arms so you have shade out the back or protection from rain. But i now have a little family and this isnt gonna be big enough so im onto a new project but this would be perfect for someone in bend who needs a place to live. Im wanting 600obo and if you want it finished we can talk about price i have inverters and all the wiring to finish lights and plug in for phones and stuff this has been a project inside a shop and i took it out to take pictures so there is no water damage or anything just needs finished and either stained like i was gonna do and metal side covers with silicone so seal her all up i used silicone when laying the boards together to get a good seal already"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    On Sacramento's craigslist -
    https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/6100178561.html

Text of ad:
    1990 chinook concourse 4X4 7.3 liter turbo diesel automatic transmission fullyself contained with 3 burner stove with oven 2 way refrigerator and freezer microwave double sink tv with antenna jacks and hook ups sofa that turns into bed swivel Dinette toilet and shower roof a/c onan generator all appliances work
    Tow package roof storage box all fiberglass call for more info serious buyers only please must see $12500
    Sweet rig and if it checked out, the price is right - A Maggot should jump on that for sure

Anyone near Bend need a small generator? I have one for sale. PM me for details.

Someone in Utah needs this...

"worth $1400, will sell for $500"

http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/44080950

A friend that works for Dead Bird up in Vancouver just put his rig up for sale.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/6114958216.html
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

^^ Does $11k can = $4K usd? Lipstick on an old 2wd is worth no more than that. Plenty of options out there for awd or 4wd vans with fewer miles.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    ^^ Does $11k can = $4K usd? Lipstick on an old 2wd is worth no more than that. Plenty of options out there for awd or 4wd vans with fewer miles.
    I'm just passing along some info; if you want to haggle use the ad to contact directly. FWIW, KBB for that van (stock, w/o all the lipstick) looks to be in the $5k range while NADA is in the $9k range. Cheapest one I can find on autotrader within 500 miles of that one (south of the border anyways) is $7750 but has 20k more miles. Please pass on the links to awd and 4wd vans with fewer miles in that price range.
    Last edited by hop; 05-09-2017 at 02:01 AM.

The Bonin Petrels

Your research is appreciated, thank you. Despite the travel van being the new hipster badge of courage in the northwest, american made vans, especially 2wd, can be had much cheaper than any book values listed. The vw vans are a limited quantity, and the prices are inflated with the cult following. American vans are everywhere, and people looking to get vanagan prices because they build cabinetry, installed a $200 solar module, and a heater are fooling themselves...unless they find an unaware starry eyed buyer. So maybe that is what its come to? I've had five vans over the last 25 years, and many friends with similar history.

That van as listed with that many miles is easily purchased for $3K with a little more research. I added another $1K for depreciated upgrades. That's a two weekend build out with a buddy helping.

Check outside of Seattle and Portland for better prices, although Baldwin on 82nd in portland is worth checking out too. Boise seems to better prices on trucks and vans, and if you want a real adventure look to the midwest for an awd van with good transmission history. See the country on the way back and start the adventure van love.

American vans are bigger, much more reliable, have more power (and can tow), typically get similar mileage and can be fixed for half the cost of vws. Nowhere near as cool, but it comes down to how much you want to pay for that. I love vw vans but would never own one, unless it had a subie motor, but even then you're looking at in inherently oil leaking 2.2 motor that is being overworked, so there's that.

Call this educated price policing. The build out on the van listed is well done, but not an investment on that chassis. I stand by $4K

From Reno craigslist:

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6124152577.html

"04 gmc express 2500 with the Quigley 4x4 conversion. Brand new engine, transmission, and rear differential. This is a fleet style vehicle. The back is completely open and only has the two front seats. It has a clean Nevada title and will pass smog. The body has a lot of miles. The engine only has 20k trans has 10k and rear end not even 500 miles. Serious inquiries only. Has the 6.0l vortec engine."

Could be a solid base for your own camper van build-out. Quigley 4WD and 3/4-ton chassis is an attractive combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Your research is appreciated, thank you. Despite the travel van being the new hipster badge of courage in the northwest, american made vans, especially 2wd, can be had much cheaper than any book values listed. The vw vans are a limited quantity, and the prices are inflated with the cult following. American vans are everywhere, and people looking to get vanagan prices because they build cabinetry, installed a $200 solar module, and a heater are fooling themselves...unless they find an unaware starry eyed buyer. So maybe that is what its come to? I've had five vans over the last 25 years, and many friends with similar history.

That van as listed with that many miles is easily purchased for $3K with a little more research. I added another $1K for depreciated upgrades. That's a two weekend build out with a buddy helping.

Check outside of Seattle and Portland for better prices, although Baldwin on 82nd in portland is worth checking out too. Boise seems to better prices on trucks and vans, and if you want a real adventure look to the midwest for an awd van with good transmission history. See the country on the way back and start the adventure van love.

American vans are bigger, much more reliable, have more power (and can tow), typically get similar mileage and can be fixed for half the cost of vws. Nowhere near as cool, but it comes down to how much you want to pay for that. I love vw vans but would never own one, unless it had a subie motor, but even then you're looking at in inherently oil leaking 2.2 motor that is being overworked, so there's that.

Call this educated price policing. The build out on the van listed is well done, but not an investment on that chassis. I stand by $4K
    Totally agree that VW prices are insane but that's not what he's selling. If it was, the asking price would be $40k! Can't say anything re. 2wd American vans; I've never shopped for one except for the five minutes I spent on Autotrader, (within 500 miles of Seattle, so includes Boise) KBB, and NADA last night. Potential problem with midwest = rust.

The Bonin Petrels

I'm going to be selling this entire set up soon (early August)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3893.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	205927

2007 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport
    6ft bed, 4WD, new tires, V6
    In good shape, has 180k miles (mostly miles between CA/AK with no load, only had the camper for ~15k miles)
    4 new wheel bearings in last 2 years, timing belt (etc.) replaced at 100k, all scheduled oil changes/fluids every 3-5k.
    I installed an airbag system to help the rear suspension out with the load and a tork lift system to tie down the camper.

1996 (????) Palomino Bronco
    Pop Top (I'm 6'2", and can stand up when popped), sink w/ hand water pump, propane 2 burner stove, propane heat, deep cycle marine battery, roof vent, has solar (but haven't used it since I bought it), I removed the propane fridge (it was not efficient), definitely showing some signs of ware (chipped paint, small holes in plastic windows/canvas...its 20 years old). Has attachments on top for a Thule rack/box. Comes with 4 jacks and attachments and any gear needed to attach to truck.

I will be listing these both on craigslist in mid-July. Probably separately. If anyone is interested in either or both PM me. I currently don't have a set asking price and am open to reasonable offers. I'm in the Tahoe area. I have more pictures if you're interested.

PFD/drysuit not included.

From Reno's craigslist (not my van). Rebuild it into your very own 70s dream van.

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6107766480.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

From Reno's craigslist (not my van). Rebuild it into your very own 70s dream van.

Name:  2jzcPfVw.png
Views: 1564
Size:  475.7 KB

The can of disinfectant spray in the photo is a nice touch.

Who hasn't always wanted their own short school bus - best of the Powerstroke engines, and although it is not mentioned or priced right - it sits like a 4x4. Would be great snipe @ ~4k

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/rvs/6120058742.html
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

some good friends of mine are selling this happenin' 89 Toyota Dolphin

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/rvs/6144761180.html

Name:  dolphin1.jpeg
Views: 1212
Size:  57.6 KB

Tiger in Denver locale - might be legit

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/6154727427.html

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Tiger in Denver locale - might be legit

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/6154727427.html

is this one 4x4?

Dunno, but the guy listed his # so it seemed legit - ACH would prob be able to tell by looking, but for that price and chevy platform it would be worth it to convert - I would be looking at it right now if in that locale.

^^ going off of looks, I'd say that can't be a 4x4.

These guys did a conversion for $3,500.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/12...e-conversions/

Keep in mind, they used a solid front axle and they needed to swap trannys too. I think because of all that, they needed the back axle also.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    ^^ going off of looks, I'd say that can't be a 4x4.

These guys did a conversion for $3,500.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/12...e-conversions/

Keep in mind, they used a solid front axle and they needed to swap trannys too. I think because of all that, they needed the back axle also.
    swapping a 2wd IFS Chevy over to 4wd with a solid axle would be a colossal pain in the ass. It would be easier to swap to 4wd IFS but still expensive and time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    swapping a 2wd IFS Chevy over to 4wd with a solid axle would be a colossal pain in the ass. It would be easier to swap to 4wd IFS but still expensive and time consuming.
    convert to IFS easier? I thought th solid axle conversion was the easier choice for a '90s c series? Isn't the frame of the 4x4 K a bit different in order to accommodate the motor and the IFS diff? Either way, does expensive and time consuming; could still be cheaper than converting a van to 4x4.

I'd say if you got that tiger and it does turn out to be a 2x4 just lift it 2" or so if you want and MAYBE invest in a winch and some good recovery gear and a set of chains. You'll get out there. I mean, are you driving it across Africa or are you skiing fishing bumming in it?

I also think if it was a 4x4 he'd be asking more. Then again, I dunno, 16k isn't cheap.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 06-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    convert to IFS easier? I thought th solid axle conversion was the easier choice for a '90s c series? Isn't the frame of the 4x4 K a bit different in order to accommodate the motor and the IFS diff? Either way, does expensive and time consuming; could still be cheaper than converting a van to 4x4.

I'd say if you got that tiger and it does turn out to be a 2x4 just lift it 2" or so if you want and MAYBE invest in a winch and some good recovery gear and a set of chains.
    I was thinking of the GMT800 platform. You are right, the GMT400 2wd basically has nothing in common with the 4wd suspension and frame. I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle and expense.

Maybe just throw an Eaton selectable e-locker in the back for low traction ski area parking lots and make sure you have a tow hook if you need a tug.