Page 56 of 510 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 12727
    Town Ace's are awesome vans but beware they are tiny by Nth American standards.

This is a little off the RV/Van topic, but has anyone seen Zack Giffin's tiny house? It's worth a google search. Not a bad guy to watch ski either.

I had a coach who used to roll in a sprinter van for mtb races. Things was kitted out and it decent mileage as well, for an RV type

Not done for this season, but my homemade motorhome should be ready to roll sometime this summer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2820 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	149203 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1608 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	149204Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1059 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	149205
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but what's a good area to stay in the Jackson Hole area? Thinking up heading up tomorrow.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Not done for this season, but my homemade motorhome should be ready to roll sometime this summer.
    Nicely done.

Updated pic of my Van
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DgCtsaL (1).jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	149435
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1nHVIML.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	149436
    Step into the Freezer

^^^ nice. pop top?

Both of those are sweet. How're the insides set up? How many do they sleep, guys?

I don't know if it's been posted, and I'm not looking at 58 pages to find out, but Tiger Adventure Vehicles are totally BAD@$$...

http://www.tigervehicles.com/

This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by praisethelowered View Post
    no man, im talking like a late 90's econoline van, 4wd, with the 7.3L powerstroke. They quit making that motor in 04 and it was their best engine for many more years to come. i see these come up on craiglist every once and a while for 5 grand. Not the sportmobile just the std 4wd econoline, you would have to add the camper stuff or build your own. there are even conversion companies that will take a standard oldschool unibomber econoline 2wd and convert it to badass 4wd. you could have 1 completely decked out for less than $15k. again, not talking about new here.
    Dude you're on crack if you think you can get 7.3 E350 4X4 for $5K.

You're talking $10K minimum for a TWO WHEEL drive van with 100K+ on the odometer. The conversion is another $5K if you can do the welding and all the mechanics yourself AND get lucky at the scrap yard. It's $10K to have someone else do it professionally with new (refurb) parts. Then you have an uninsulated 4X4 box on wheels so you're looking at about $25K all said and done. Still a good deal and this is the route I'll go but make no mistake about it, it's a significant investment that won't see much return.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 01-29-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: $25K
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Dude you're on crack if you think you can get 7.3 E350 4X4 for $5K.

You're talking $10K minimum for a TWO WHEEL drive van with 100K+ on the odometer. The conversion is another $5K if you can do the welding and all the mechanics yourself AND get lucky at the scrap yard. It's $10K to have someone else do it professionally with new (refurb) parts. Then you have an uninsulated 4X4 box on wheels so you're looking at about $25 all said and done. Still a good deal and this is the route I'll go but make no mistake about it, it's a significant investment that won't see much return.
    How are the AWD Chevy express vans?

My apologies if this has already been covered.

My future mother in law decided to leave her camper van/RV with us for the winter. Pretty stoked to do some ski trips in this thing! My question is this… Should I worry about the holding tanks freezing? I've read a bunch of this thread and remember reading about pouring antifreeze into the gray and black water tanks. Is shit going to break if I don't? Also, does the freshwater tank need to be emptied? I imagine it will freeze, but we'll have a big jug of water for cooking, etc…

Thanks in advance.

Drain everything, then pump antifreeze through the whole system. Be sure to bypass the water heater (it should have bypass valves installed), drain it completely, and remove the heating element.

Easy peasy; if you're unsure what to do, rv places will do it for a small fee.

Oh, and be sure to use non-toxic rv antifreeze; DO NOT use regular auto antifreeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    How are the AWD Chevy express vans?
    No diesel, they have a 350ci gasser, or similar. RideVT says he gets 18mpg highway in his, about 14 in town, so similar to my Tundra. Lighter duty van, 1/2 ton, clearance is an issue for him and I'm not sure about lifting it but I bet you could. Pretty sure it has independent front suspension, not a solid axle so it would be a hassle. I've seen some that had better clearance. Overall I'd say it's a good option. I'm still not sure the cost of ownership of a 1 ton diesel is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Not done for this season, but my homemade motorhome should be ready to roll sometime this summer.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2820 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	149203 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1608 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	149204Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1059 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	149205

do you guys realize how much pussy in parking lot 5 this rig would net?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I don't know if it's been posted, and I'm not looking at 58 pages to find out, but Tiger Adventure Vehicles are totally BAD@$$...

http://www.tigervehicles.com/

$130-$150K+

Cool but who can afford something like that?

Split your time between that and a double wide and you'd be all right. Although I'm guessing you can't mortgage it as a second home

$130-$150K+

Seen those things buried before. Drove right past them !!! Basically a big dumb camper on a too long a wheelbase truck for my taste. Even the website is funny. They look all dopey driving around a lake and then into a campsite!! Grrrrrrrrr.............ADVENTURE!!!

$130-$150K+

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Seen those things buried before. Drove right past them !!! Basically a big dumb camper on a too long a wheelbase truck for my taste. Even the website is funny. They look all dopey driving around a lake and then into a campsite!! Grrrrrrrrr.............ADVENTURE!!!
    Honestly, I think their target market is Zombie Apocalypse Survivalist types...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Hadn't thought of that but I think you're probably right. There's a magazine devoted to that stuff now; I browsed through it in Safeway one day and holy shit you wouldn't believe the cash people drop on that stuff.

Maybe it'll pay off one day... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ^^^ nice. pop top?
    Yeah mine has a pop top. Sleeps 2 couples or 2 dudes...
    Step into the Freezer

Yea well that big pile of shit will get as far as the road is level and paved!! Complete joke of a rig. Sportsmobile has the best high end option. All about approach angle and the ability to really lock um and bug out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Yea well that big pile of shit will get as far as the road is level and paved!! Complete joke of a rig. Sportsmobile has the best high end option. All about approach angle and the ability to really lock um and bug out.
    I'll see your Sportsmobile and raise you a Unimog in the case of a ZA...

Otherwise, as a ski rig, the Provan RV's kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    I'll see your Sportsmobile and raise you a Unimog in the case of a ZA...

Otherwise, as a ski rig, the Provan RV's kick ass.
    Saw a similar unimog last summer near Nordkapp, norway. Had austrian plates.
    So, basically they had driven the monster about 3700km +...and that means about 2000€ in fuel costs...one way...

Worst part that part was the we spotted them at the end of a short side road there, 2mins from the main road.
    There they were sitting, on the top of the roof, in sun chairs, watching artcic midnight sun, sipping some nice austrian white wine...in their totally spotless car.
    Like, not a goddam ounce of mud on it.

Must have been demoralizing to drive that way and not find a single gravel road or bump on the road during the trip.
    I bet they spent at least 3 bottles of nice, chilled Riesling to wash away that disappointment..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.