Page 451 of 510 FirstFirst ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 12727
    Yeah the ability to run in all weather would be nice.

seen in local FB page

1973 GMC Sequoia · Driven NaN miles

“RARE” 1973 GMC 23’
    Sequoia. runs great and shifts good comes with 2 pallets of spare parts including interior,exterior, tune up, brakes and Generator (most are NOS).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1674442848.606666.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	444083

Name:	Image1674442859.985740.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	998.1 KB 
ID:	444084
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

ain’t that teh EM–50 urban assault vehicle? that fucking thing is so fuckin’ sweet. specially if you’re banging through some border crossings at high speed.

Name:  C0A502A9-54ED-4BA3-959A-7011E217D815.jpeg
Views: 716
Size:  50.7 KB

fact.

home sweet home for the next two weeks… Japanese folks is fucking tiny. this thing supposed to sleep seven people. there’s barely enough room for me and my shit in here.

Name:	6CAC4D6A-9D47-4D2C-AEB2-DA4573AF9DE6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	525.5 KB 
ID:	444150

Name:	4F3537DF-E393-43E1-8EA8-1A6FBFD03708.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	557.0 KB 
ID:	444151

Name:	3E8249EF-E6DB-4F9B-AD1C-D5DF1EF95AEC.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	569.9 KB 
ID:	444152

事実.

^^^ sweet! I’d love to hear the details of renting an RV in Japan I’m on Hokkaido in Tokachi-Dake for the next 3 days on a guided backcountry tour. Thinking of staying on solo for a few more days after the tour is over. Was just wondering about RV rentals in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    ^^^ sweet! I’d love to hear the details of renting an RV in Japan I’m on Hokkaido in Tokachi-Dake for the next 3 days on a guided backcountry tour. Thinking of staying on solo for a few more days after the tour is over. Was just wondering about RV rentals in Japan.
    Short answer is $$$.

I had a connection that rented me beater cars in Niseko for like US$40/ day, but he kind of ghosted after my last trip so I'm thinking the authorities might have shut him down. It definitely seemed weird to just show up in a random car lot and give some dude $1500 and get keys in exchange, no paperwork of any description.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Whoa, you can get Utica Cub in Japan?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Whoa, you can get Utica Cub in Japan?
    Ha, I noticed that too. We get em in CO, had some with skiing yesterday in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    home sweet home for the next two weeks… Japanese folks is fucking tiny. this thing supposed to sleep seven people. there’s barely enough room for me and my shit in here.

Name:	6CAC4D6A-9D47-4D2C-AEB2-DA4573AF9DE6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	525.5 KB 
ID:	444150

Name:	4F3537DF-E393-43E1-8EA8-1A6FBFD03708.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	557.0 KB 
ID:	444151

Name:	3E8249EF-E6DB-4F9B-AD1C-D5DF1EF95AEC.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	569.9 KB 
ID:	444152

事実.
    that upholstery looks tits

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

renting the RV was ridiculously easy. couple of e-mails and done. I took the gaijin package they offered. Pretty much included everything that I was going to need.

I did it at the last minute too. Reservation was made just last Wednesday. seems like it’s the slow season for rv’s. they had a bunch sitting in the lot when I picked mine up.

i went with Japan C.R.C. They were one of the few companies that had rentals in northern Honshu, which was helpful because it’s about an 8 hour drive from Tokyo. they have locations in Morioka, and Hachinohe. they picked me up at Hachinohe Station and will drop me off there again when I’m finished.

The price wasn’t too bad either. It’s coming in at about $150-$160 per day. Which isn’t too far off from the price you would pay for a decent sized car that would fit skis and have four-wheel-drive.

Company site to be found here;

https://japan-crc.com/en/

deets on the vehicle found here;

https://japan-crc.com/aomori/detail?...=82&page=2#cal

The second page in Japanese, so you’ll need to use Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    seen in local FB page

1973 GMC Sequoia · Driven NaN miles

“RARE” 1973 GMC 23’
    Sequoia. runs great and shifts good comes with 2 pallets of spare parts including interior,exterior, tune up, brakes and Generator (most are NOS).

Name:	Image1674442848.606666.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	444083

Name:	Image1674442859.985740.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	998.1 KB 
ID:	444084
    Name:  stripes.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  41.1 KB

Does it belong to Bill Murray ?

renting the RV was ridiculously easy. couple of e-mails and done. I took the gaijin package they offered. Pretty much included everything that I was going to need.

I did it at the last minute too. Reservation was made just last Wednesday. seems like it’s the slow season for rv’s. they had a bunch sitting in the lot when I picked mine up.

i went with Japan C.R.C. They were one of the few companies that had rentals in northern Honshu, which was helpful because it’s about an 8 hour drive from Tokyo. they have locations in Morioka, and Hachinohe. they picked me up at Hachinohe Station and will drop me off there again when I’m finished.

The price wasn’t too bad either. It’s coming in at about $150-$160 per day. Which isn’t too far off from the price you would pay for a decent sized car that would fit skis and have four-wheel-drive.

Company site to be found here;

https://japan-crc.com/en/

deets on the vehicle found here;

https://japan-crc.com/aomori/detail?...=82&page=2#cal

The second page in Japanese, so you’ll need to use Google Translate.
    Did the rental come with snow tires?

Yes. 4wd too.

That’s another benefit of renting in the northern Honshu area instead of Tokyo. Tokyo don’t get much snow, so having to fit snow tires is an extra expense per day. Up here everything already has snow tires on it.

Excellent info… thanks very much. I too was impressed with the Utica Club dedication. Well done

Yes. 4wd too.

That’s another benefit of renting in the northern Honshu area instead of Tokyo. Tokyo don’t get much snow, so having to fit snow tires is an extra expense per day. Up here everything already has snow tires on it.
    Chalk that up to a responsible society and I'm sure to some degree law and order. Same in parts of Europe. They actually use snow tires!

Anyone have experience with a power station like this? Does it give enough power to charge your RV with an extension cord? Seems to be a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/BLUETTI-Porta...30&sr=8-4&th=1

What do you mean by charge your RV? If you just mean charge the house battery in your RV using this power station, you'd need to know what the capacity of your house battery is. My 100Ah Renogy LiFePO4 is around 1200Wh, so the Bluetti at 716Wh would charge it just over half way.

That thing looks like it would be able to charge/power electronic devices like phone and maybe run lights and a laptop for a few hours before it would be out of juice.

If you want to know whether this power station will meet your needs, make a list of the devices you'd use it with in the RV, how much power they draw and how long you'd run each device or how often you need to recharge the phone etc, and total that all up. Compare to the capacity of the Bluetti. Lets say that comes out to 300Wh per day, so the Bluetti could handle all that stuff for two days worth of use. But if your normal trip is 3 or 4 days....it won't be enough unless you are able to recharge the power station while you're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Anyone have experience with a power station like this? Does it give enough power to charge your RV with an extension cord? Seems to be a good deal.

It is a little low on the Wh and output Watts for my taste. I like to be able to run a microwave off of mine.

By charging are you looking for 12V charging?

It is much more efficient to just run the RV off the Bluetti's 12V output then charge the battery from the Bluetti's 120V output through the RV's convertor. I wired a 2 circuit battery switch in between the lead acid battery and the rest of the coach. When I get to camp I connect the 12V output of my Bluetti to the battery switch via a quick connect and turn the circuit over to the Bluetti. Flip the circuit breaker on the convertor and make sure the fridge is in propane mode then connect the 120V system to the Bluetti and only turn on the Bluetti's inverter when I need 120V.

Plug into the converter with AC if my battery was to die and I was in a pickle to get the furnace going.

But mostly to have an easy power station to use to charge laptops and phones.

Are you considering plugging in an RV to a portable power station? The one above with 800watts WON"T run a microwave or kettle or electric heater. It will probably run a battery charger for a few hours but not long enough to re-charge a drained decent sized RV battery. These things are for operating low power drawing appliances for short periods of time or for charging phones or computers, not entire RVs.

To power a whole RV that won’t be close to enough but today’s the last day of Bluetti’s holiday sale and that unit is $120 less than the Amazon price.

If you just want to use solar to charge your existing batteries you’ll need something different. What’s your setup and what are you trying to do?

I’m a total noob, don’t have an auxiliary power setup in my current van. But I just bought this unit as the cornerstone for my new build. I plan on 400 watts of solar to charge it, as well as the van alternators for a ‘modest’ power setup that may be borderline for my eventual needs. It is expandable if necessary but it’s expensive as hell to do it. At that point I may be better off having built from scratch but…. There are pros and cons to a portable standalone system vs. component build, you’ve prolly seen some discussion upthread. For powering the van, the standalone still isn't truly plug n play but it’s a lot less work and can be good value.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Plug into the converter with AC if my battery was to die and I was in a pickle to get the furnace going.

But mostly to have an easy power station to use to charge laptops and phones.
    That one will be fine for the latter, for a couple days probably. Without knowing your furnace specs, it might run it for a few hours on a full charge. The one I bought (expensive) has a 30 amp RV plug so *it might* be a plug n play solution for powering your RV but not for charging.

That 30a DC output is pretty awesome. Run all DC wiring to panel, then have 30a output to remaining pos/neg post on fuse block. Could plug in DC power bank and unplug easily and take it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 01-25-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    That 30a DC output is pretty awesome.
    Yeah, seems to me. I'm thinking run that to a DC fuse block for my DC appliances; fridge, heater, fan, lights, etc. Looking into electric hot water heater and possibly an induction cooktop. My Van will come with an aux coolant loop I can hook into to possibly do hot water too. Need to study that further but we'd only need hot water once/day max for quick showers so that could *maybe* work. Probably would use hot water in the winter to keep it simple and safe. The AC200MAX supports simultaneous solar/AC or dual AC for fast charging. It doesn't seem to support simultaneous solar and direct DC, not sure why. So I'll get a big inverter (more $$$) and run solar+AC off that from the Van alternators. So 400w solar plus 400w AC when driving. Plenty of charging. The cigarette plug adaptor it comes with for DC charging is basically useless.

Did you buy that AC200P?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    That 30a DC output is pretty awesome. Run all DC wiring to panel, then have 30a output to remaining pos/neg post on fuse block. Could plug in DC power bank and unplug easily and take it elsewhere.
    Yeah I think we're saying the same thing? That's my plan anyway. Run the van appliances of the 30a RV output, be able to unplug and move the main unit easily.