Page 387 of 510 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 12727
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Where does one park up there?
    I'll PM you.

Thx for beta and yeah PM seems better…

Jeepover anyone?

The little firepit bluetooth speaker is pretty cool.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Jeepover anyone?

The little firepit bluetooth speaker is pretty cool.
    That thing is cool but it would be a lot cooler if they designed it to fasten to the vehicle in place of the soft top. Pull the back seat out and you'd have a full on pass-through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That thing is cool but it would be a lot cooler if they designed it to fasten to the vehicle in place of the soft top. Pull the back seat out and you'd have a full on pass-through there.
    I had exactly that with a K series Blazer. Great rig but brutal mileage.

It's attached to the roof rack frame and the hitch so in theory it could be done.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Here's a pretty sweet-looking ambulance conversion with the Ford 7.3 in it.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6080929687635/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I spent too many cold, cramped nights in the back of a TJ dreaming of this exact thing. Also, holy center of gravity, batman!

Here we go a TGR favorite for sale

https://boulder.craigslist.org/snw/d...435379278.html

^lol at that tv

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Priorities? Um, er........

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Finished gutting our 1993 Travelaire and rebuilt with 2" xps walls, door, floor. Took out heavy furnace, oven, stove, refrigerator, water heater. Replaced with 12v refrigerator, diesel 5k heater, on-demand water heater. Interior walls/cupboards are 1" xps glassed, super light. Shaved a lot of weight off. No black tank, will use dry flush toilet. No grey tank, that soapy water can go on the ground. Batteries/plumbing all inside, in heated area, will not freeze. No grey/black tanks to freeze. Diesel heater in storage area that accommodates ski boots/wet gloves and works as boot dryer. Put in a real coat rack that actually works. Taking it out tonight for test run with kid......This old dog has been from Mexico to Arctic Ocean, all over Yukon, and the Sonoran Desert.
    Looks awesome D, great work. So clean and simple, no extra crap that's not useful. Perfect.

Also congrats on the move and the new(ish?) credentials. Again, great work.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Mags, need some advice.

I have a 2010 Chevy Express. We run a bench seat on the second row, and removed the bench from the first row. We're looking for some rubber-ish flooring that can go over the upholstery and bench mounts in teh first row. Basically something non-permanent to smooth out the lumps in the floor, and provide a more weather and dirt proof surface than the stock upholstery.

Thinking some 3-5mm (1/4 to 1/2 inch) thick rubberish mats, possibly interlocking grids, would be ideal. It's an irregular space, and we'd like to be able to take it out and clean it.

Any recs?

Pic below showing the area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hr6UuH1U.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	669.5 KB 
ID:	402224

This is da van

Name:	EpX44w_U.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	841.6 KB 
ID:	402225
    sproing!

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Mags, need some advice.

I have a 2010 Chevy Express. We run a bench seat on the second row, and removed the bench from the first row. We're looking for some rubber-ish flooring that can go over the upholstery and bench mounts in teh first row. Basically something non-permanent to smooth out the lumps in the floor, and provide a more weather and dirt proof surface than the stock upholstery.

Thinking some 3-5mm (1/4 to 1/2 inch) thick rubberish mats, possibly interlocking grids, would be ideal. It's an irregular space, and we'd like to be able to take it out and clean it.

Any recs?

Pic below showing the area.

Name:	Hr6UuH1U.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	669.5 KB 
ID:	402224

This is da van

Name:	EpX44w_U.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	841.6 KB 
ID:	402225
    Home Depot/Lowes has sheets of rubber garage flooring (similar to vinyl flooring sheets but 1/4” rubber). Buy a big enough chunk and then cut it to fit your odd space there. I have one in my van to protect the vinyl flooring I put in and provide an easy in/out for cleaning.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubber-C...0-10/301919687

Sweet pop top btw. You install that yourself?

Mags, need some advice.

Any recs?
    Google "coin flooring" and look at the results. Should be able to buy a relatively cheap large roll, and cut it to fit exactly what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Mags, need some advice.

Any recs?
    Look at horse stall mats. They're thick AF and heavy enough that the corners and edges typically won't get kicked up inadvertently.

https://www.calranch.com/standard-st...ft-x-6-ft.html

Check out https://www.lloydmatsstore.com not sure if they already have measurements for your vehicle. I’ve had these in a couple vans and they were a perfect fit. Not the cheapest option but not prohibitive. They might work with you on a custom measurement.

Agree with the horse stall matts. Murdocks also has them.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want a smooth surface. In that case you need something thicker than the coin flooring. You could carve out some of the material from the backside of the horse stall matt. Fit that section over the seat channels and it should be much smoother.

I used exercise gym flooring tiles in my old van. Don't know what the product name is but it worked well to have squares that press fit together. Shit was super heavy so a roll would be brutal to move around.

Amazing recs, mags!!

Colorado CamperVan installed the pop in 2017 for the prior owner. I just swooped in, thanks to Mike (whose handle escapes me now - mcski?) for putting me on the scent of this van I'd already seen and been very impressed by. My kids and dog and wife and I all LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Look at horse stall mats. They're thick AF and heavy enough that the corners and edges typically won't get kicked up inadvertently.

So, I'm reading the ad copy for this "Van flooring" (in my mind), and this pops up ---- "maximum urine odor control for your work areas and trailers"

WTAF!?

Oh yeah, horse stall mats. Hahahaha
    sproing!

So, I'm reading the ad copy for this "Van flooring" (in my mind), and this pops up ---- "maximum urine odor control for your work areas and trailers"

WTAF!?

Oh yeah, horse stall mats. Hahahaha
    When you gotta' go.

Caution on the horse stall mats - when new, they have a pretty strong smell.

Old used ones will have a different strong odor too...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Name:	Image1642816715.491562.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	402283see you in the lot. This thread has been helpful as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post

Watch for rubber stink in a very enclosed space