Page 324 of 508 FirstFirst ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 12695
    Someone just call them up and do some investigative journalism for us for fuck sake. Just doing court searches doesn't definitely prove there was or was not a dispute. What if it is a different party name in the complaint for instance? Like all law suits over breach of contract, I assume the answer is somewhere in the middle.

And really, are we now supposed to not support products just because the company is involved in law suits? Better go live in a cave.

Back on topic, I love my All Terrain Camper (built in Sacramento, knock off of the more corporate big time Four Wheel Camper). As others have pointed out, way more space in a four sided pop up. And while I like the light weight of canopy topper style, mine has a plywood floor so it can be removed on and off, stays way cleaner on the interior, and easier to modify the interior with camper appliances, shelving, benches, and storage space of your choosing. My shell model Cougar (like FWC Grandby), the biggest one they make for my 8 foot bed, was 1,000 pounds dry, so lighter if you are getting smaller. Heavier than GFC and competitors, but not that much heavier if you stick with shell and keep your mods simple. Shell is listed on their website as $9,925 and I assume they have build wait times like everyone right now. For a reasonable delivery fee, they let you pick up in Medford, Oregon, so you can cheat on sales tax if you want. They will custom just about anything for a reasonable price. Or if you really want to save money, just go straight shell and do everything else yourself. Whatever route you go, all these have incredible resale value. You absolutely can't go wrong with any choice.

https://www.allterraincampers.com/PricingAndOptions

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Someone just call them up and do some investigative journalism for us for fuck sake. Just doing court searches doesn't definitely prove there was or was not a dispute. What if it is a different party name in the complaint for instance? Like all law suits over breach of contract, I assume the answer is somewhere in the middle.

And really, are we now supposed to not support products just because the company is involved in law suits? Better go live in a cave.
    I've been sued and I've sued people. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. There are three sides to every story what I said what they said and the truth.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Reccos on alternatives to GFC?
    Have you seen this?
    https://topperezlift.com/

You still can't stand up in it, but it's a lot more space than just a topper, you already own a nice topper, it's a lot cheaper than a wedge camper, and the lead times are pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I should say that my experience with their CS has been completely stellar. My proximity is about as bad as it gets and they’ve made it work.
    My Dad's experience has been the same.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I do like the idea of all 4 sides pop up vs wedge.

I have looked at topper EZ-Lift but if I am waiting 8-10 weeks I may as well go big or go home. I am short enough that standing up may almost be possible with one of those setups.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'll do the federal court search later and post what I find.

I'm not letting go on this because you came in with a very specific and serious accusation, and while there is some indication of some issue with the Lee Whay person, I haven't found anything else to substantiate what you wrote.
    I ran it through Pacer. Didn't find anything, at least in MT District Court.

If someone wanted a winter use pop-up this one is rad. Fiberglass modern Alaskan.

https://www.supertrampcampers.com/flagship

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    If someone wanted a winter use pop-up this one is rad. Fiberglass modern Alaskan.

https://www.supertrampcampers.com/flagship
    That camper looks like a Logical solution.

Hey WRG saw this and thought of you. Looks pretty decent for a pretty decent price

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3507.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	376740

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Arrr, every Pirate likes a bit of Booty!
    Why do pirates have cell phones?

For the BOOTY CALL, get it?!? BOOTY CALL

YUK YUK YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!

—————-

What’s a pirate’s favorite letter?

You’d think it was “R” but actually it’s the “C”

Get it?!? The “C” bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

———————

How much does a pirate pay for piercings?

A buck an ear!!!!!

Hahahahahahah!!!!

Oh lordY I kill me.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

WRG

sell the tundra, move out of you high rent situation and buy a promaster w 20/40k mi on it

my fixed costs are 200 a month.

get a membership at the hot springs. shower. soak, and look at hot girls 2 times a day, epic.

get a small storage unit for stuff to keep the van super neat. winter/summer shit..

don't get a dog, sounds great and i love dogs, but it's a huge limiter.

vanning around here, and everywhere really is super easy.

set yourself free. it's fucking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Crazy! Wise to sell it in a place like Denver, that way nobody could ever say “314k?!? DAAAANG!!! you could buy a 600 sq ft condo 30 minutes from downtown for that kinda money!!!”

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

That GFC story sounds like total bull shit. I'm willing to believe the Unimog conversion didn't work out, but the people that own that thing look to spend most of their time cavorting around the world with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of overland equipment. They look like total douchebags who have probably never been satisfied with any service they've ever received. I'm suppose to believe that two dude from Bozeman are trying to bankrupt them?

WRG, what is the need with respect to your work? Do you drive clients to properties now using the truck? That might be ok with current topper situation and ok with the GFC. I'd start looking sideways if someone was showing me property with a full camper on the truck, or a popup. That makes a van even more problematic, right?

A trailer solves some of those problems, but finding a spot to move it every 7-10 days has to be tough.

I started with the GFC, but they won't be making an XL to fit my older crew cab chevy anytime soon. Then I started looking at vans and even the micro-vans. Micro-van like the transit connect would be good for me. Not living in it, mostly solo trips and likely heated in the winter just by running the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I ran it through Pacer. Didn't find anything, at least in MT District Court.
    I did the same, using same names I referenced above. Zero hits.

Conclusion: story does not check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Hey WRG saw this and thought of you. Looks pretty decent for a pretty decent price

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3507.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	376740

I don't facebook or anything and I am guessing that Gunnison group is one of those invite only deals, but if you could PM me any info that would be great.

I just went and looked at this. Won't work for my truck. Needs some TLC. If you have a shop and some time this could be a good project.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...333951240.html

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    WRG

sell the tundra, move out of you high rent situation and buy a promaster w 20/40k mi on it

my fixed costs are 200 a month.

get a membership at the hot springs. shower. soak, and look at hot girls 2 times a day, epic.

get a small storage unit for stuff to keep the van super neat. winter/summer shit..

don't get a dog, sounds great and i love dogs, but it's a huge limiter.

vanning around here, and everywhere really is super easy.

set yourself free. it's fucking awesome!
    It's super tempting, but I kinda need a place right now. Finally getting to where I am "marketable" in the Bozeman dating scene. Chicks love if you have a van.....parked in the driveway of your 700k house.

As much as the idea of the van life thing makes sense I do need a regular vehicle for work purposes and not trying to stay single forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    WRG, what is the need with respect to your work? Do you drive clients to properties now using the truck? That might be ok with current topper situation and ok with the GFC. I'd start looking sideways if someone was showing me property with a full camper on the truck, or a popup. That makes a van even more problematic, right?

A trailer solves some of those problems, but finding a spot to move it every 7-10 days has to be tough.

I started with the GFC, but they won't be making an XL to fit my older crew cab chevy anytime soon. Then I started looking at vans and even the micro-vans. Micro-van like the transit connect would be good for me. Not living in it, mostly solo trips and likely heated in the winter just by running the engine.
    I never drive clients around unless they are good friends. Covid seemed to take that totally out of the equation for RE anymore.

Good point about the camper in the truck bed though. I think a GFC would be OK to show up at client houses/showings because they are sleek/cool looking enough.

^^^ I hadn't thought about the COVID effect on customers riding with you. That is a benefit....I agree that the GFC looks cool and would be passable to clients

Finished up Nomadland, the book, and it reminded me of this thread. Most useful piece of advice I got from it-for stealth camping, slap this sticker on the back of your rig:

Name:  jesus.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  92.4 KB

Neither the cops, nor the local townies, will approach you at night.

What if someone asks you about Jesus?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Plenty of responses come to mind.

"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    "Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
    you said it man

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    this is (sort of) how I want to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Being able to stand up to put your damn pants on is basically the major selling point for everything larger than a topper. I have everything else dialed and my sleeping platform is damn comfortable, but standing up.....that's gold.

Yeah the part of the Super Pacific video where he was standing up in a wedge topper with the bed in place, thanks to the extra 20” length, was cool…I’m not in the market but it addresses one of the downsides of the gfc

At any rate, you realize that typical wedge toppers allow you to move most of the bed platform fwd which means you can sit in a chair, stand up etc and hang out? You aren’t relegated to the sleeping platform.