Page 216 of 510 FirstFirst ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    We have one on our rig it exhausts to the outside, opposite side of entry.
    No diesel smell inside. We only smell it outside upon fire up or shut down.

Everyone has their preference.
    We like that our system operates (mostly) on a single fuel source and does not generate condensation in the cabin.
    I meant the fuel tank mounted inside, I would think it would always smell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I meant the fuel tank mounted inside, I would think it would always smell.
    Ah, copy.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    In that same vein anyone have any ideas for a Propex (propane) heater that won't light? It keeps trying to kick on but never does, clears the system and tries again. The refrigerator and the stove that run off the same tank work fine. Thanks.
    Check out Karl at Westy Ventures. Great guy, super knowledgable. He is the US dealer of Propex.
    www dot westyventures dot com (my post was rejected because of the link?)
    Good Luck

Hey yall,
    I somehow stumbled into a relationship with an awesome lady who recently bought a sweet van and we're about to take our first trip.

Any recommendations for places to park/sleep in any of the following areas?

Park City or areas around Alta/Snowbird Brighton/Solitude
    Mammoth Mtn
    Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows area (or elsewhere in Tahoe)
    Reno

I think we'll be alright in the cold but winter camping tips are welcome.

Feel free to PM secret spots....thanks for the help! We'll be in a Sprinter sized van that is pretty obvious someone could be living inside

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Hey yall,
    I somehow stumbled into a relationship with an awesome lady who recently bought a sweet van and we're about to take our first trip.

Mammoth Mtn
    Reno

Feel free to PM secret spots....thanks for the help! We'll be in a Sprinter sized van that is pretty obvious someone could be living inside
    SLC was a pain in the ass. I ended up sleeping at cracker barrel as they allowed rv camping. People told me The Front had lots of vans in it and momentum as well but I didn't see many at momentum and there was a ton of security.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    SLC was a pain in the ass. I ended up sleeping at cracker barrel as they allowed rv camping. People told me The Front had lots of vans in it and momentum as well but I didn't see many at momentum and there was a ton of security.
    I had the opposite experience. Pretty much parked anywhere I pleased within reason. My pals were rolling in a Class C with a woodstove and had no issues parked for a week behind a 24hr mexican restaurant. Not glamorous but not hard either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Hey yall,

Mammoth Mtn
    Reno

For Tahoe check out the Californa Sno-Parks system. Someone else will have to confirm but I believe you can park overnight. There are a couple around Tahoe, two within ~30ish minutes of Squaw (Blackwood Canyon is the closest, Donner summit is possible if no storm coming).

As far as mammoth goes, I heard the town is cracking down very hard this year. There is a cheap RV park in town, otherwise outside of town is almost all BLM/NFS land, pull out a map. The only good spots I know are unfortunately inaccessible in winter (just moved to CA this summer).

You're not supposed to spend the night at the Carson Pass SnoParks (although people do), but Iron Mountain and Hope Valley are game on. I've also stayed at Donner and Echo, but not Blackwood or Taylor Creek. The individual signs at each should state whether or not you can park overnight.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    You're not supposed to spend the night at the Carson Pass SnoParks (although people do), but Iron Mountain and Hope Valley are game on. I've also stayed at Donner and Echo, but not Blackwood or Taylor Creek. The individual signs at each should state whether or not you can park overnight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6174.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	306784
    I stay at Meiss SnoPark regularly (the one on the north side of Carson Pass). On most weekends there are several rigs staying there. It is On the crest of the Sierra, and can be a powerful windy night. Those nights are nicer down at Blue Lakes SnoPark. Iron Mountain is on the wrong side of the Spur.

Was ticketed once at Meiss on a stormy night when the CHP didn’t see my pass.? After the phone call to the number, I sent a copy of the ticket and the pass. Done.

Also love staying at Blackwood. Walking the puppies out on the pier - sitting out in the middle of the Lake, wonderful views all around.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7613.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	306783

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

Also love staying at Blackwood. Walking the puppies out on the pier - sitting out in the middle of the Lake, wonderful views all around.
    So you can verify overnight is ok at blackwood? That's awesome, I have camped at the campground there in the summer and its a perfect location.

I have not stayed at Blackwood for a big storm. Exiting could be interesting.
    CalTrans has been great on 88.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

Name:	IMG_6174.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	306784
    I stay at Meiss SnoPark regularly (the one on the north side of Carson Pass). On most weekends there are several rigs staying there. It is On the crest of the Sierra, and can be a powerful windy night. Those nights are nicer down at Blue Lakes SnoPark. Iron Mountain is on the wrong side of the Spur.

Was ticketed once at Meiss on a stormy night when the CHP didn’t see my pass.? After the phone call to the number, I sent a copy of the ticket and the pass. Done.

Also love staying at Blackwood. Walking the puppies out on the pier - sitting out in the middle of the Lake, wonderful views all around.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7613.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	306783
    Awesome! I feel like I've seen your rig around CP. Glad to hear you cleared up that ticket issue; I've heard conflicting info from rangers so never bothered risking it. Hope Valley may not be as windy but it sure gets cooolddd

I don't think I posted up my new set-up. I picked it up in April and put probably a dozen trips on it thus far. It was in great shape, save for a wee bit of freeze damage on the pump switch - easily replace.

Mainly, I've been using it to camp out of as a base for motorcycle adventures. Pictured here before a buddy and I headed out for the Desert 100. Warm, dry, and fully sell-contained. STOKED! I even had it in central Oregon last month for some very cold nights and damn, it was toasty. It should do well for a few trips I have planned this winter.

It has a roof rail system that I need to figure out some cross-bars for so I can mount my Thule box for skis.

What's this bullshit about "a few" trips?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love that setup more than the earthroamer. Would make going to moto races pretty cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    What's this bullshit about "a few" trips?
    I only have so much time off, so trying to figure out where and when I go this winter. A Bozeman, Big Sky, Jackson trip is always on the books. I'm also thinking Mammoth and Tahoe.

There will also be weekend trips to Bachelor. Otherwise, weekend skiing on Hood kind of sucks now with all the traffic. For weekends where big storms are inbound, I'll try lot camping at Meadows and just deal with the hordes of mouth-breathers.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I love that setup more than the earthroamer. Would make going to moto races pretty cozy.
    It totally is and it's one of the main reasons for buying it. It was money at the Desert 100. The fact I can use in four seasons was the clincher.

Your pics are no worky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

It has a roof rail system that I need to figure out some cross-bars for so I can mount my Thule box for skis.
    Very important not to walk on roof especially with wood rv construction. Big folding step stool or collapsing ladder will work great.

Ry, my question was really only about "trips" up to mhm, so u good. If I get a single spot on rv row, you're always welcome to double up.

Check with Lance, but I'm not sure it's an issue to get on your roof. I know my rig can hold up to 17 naked chicks up there. Haven't tried 18.

In other quasi-camper-related news:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5843613

Yeah if it’s a more modern Lance which it looks to be, roof walking is ok.

Name:	IMG_8450.JPG 
Views:	190 
Size:	838.9 KB 
ID:	307337

I fully endorse the No Spill Bowl for the rig.
    It radically reduces on-the-road slopover.
    And it did help with Murphy Bleu’s (RIP) drinking splash spread.

Name:	IMG_1023 2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	307409
    Saw this cool looking rig in the Mt. Rose parking lot last week. According to their web sight they specialize in Ford van conversions and are based out of Blue Springs, Missouri. I liked the winch on the front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Very important not to walk on roof especially with wood rv construction. Big folding step stool or collapsing ladder will work great.
    Actually Lance build those specifically so you can walk on the roof. And I have many times.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Ry, my question was really only about "trips" up to mhm, so u good. If I get a single spot on rv row, you're always welcome to double up.

Check with Lance, but I'm not sure it's an issue to get on your roof. I know my rig can hold up to 17 naked chicks up there. Haven't tried 18.

In other quasi-camper-related news:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5843613

Baja Designs? Excellent choice! I was thinking of doing something similar to my truck. The OEM headlights are for shit.

I also like the bit about LEDs. Mine could use a retrofit and likely extend the battery life a bit.

Oh, and yes, roof walking is all good.

We’ll need to coordinate on some MHM and Bachelor lot summits this year. How are you hauling your skis?

Please don't be that douchebag who runs non-DOT LED headlights on the road. Off road, go to town, but they are a hazard for oncoming traffic and super annoying for people you're following.

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.